What is the most stupid thing you have been trolled on social media for?

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I got abused by many posters on the Top Gear Facebook page because I volunteered my post-winter horse/farm car to be cleaned for their rags to riches type cleaning series.. Not only was it not out of the ordinary for a horse person car, I had given up on it because it had a serious oil leak and was destined for the scrap yard in the sky before long.. Some of you might remember it as many HHO'ers went over to FB and commented on it in support which made me a bit emotional, as none of you know me in real life I don't think, so it was lovely!

Interestingly the man who was in the episode before me, who had literal months old smashed eggs in the back of his wasn't told he was a fat pig with no manners, a filthy house and no self-respect. ??

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I got abused by many posters on the Top Gear Facebook page because I volunteered my post-winter horse/farm car to be cleaned for their rags to riches type cleaning series.. Not only was it not out of the ordinary for a horse person car, I had given up on it because it had a serious oil leak and was destined for the scrap yard in the sky before long.. Some of you might remember it as many HHO'ers went over to FB and commented on it in support which made me a bit emotional, as none of you know me in real life I don't think, so it was lovely!

Interestingly the man who was in the episode before me, who had literal months old smashed eggs in the back of his wasn't told he was a fat pig with no manners, a filthy house and no self-respect. ??

I remember this, TeamHHO to the rescue ?? they didn’t stand a chance after that ?

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I remember that too! It was actually a good car to use for something like that. The point was to have a dirty car, afterall. I felt like if it were a man's car, the attitude might have been different ?

I am super clean when it comes to my cars. I spend too much time cleaning them probably and my neighbors possibly think I'm insane (could be for other reasons though, tbh). I would still never say or think some of those things that were in the comments!

[153312]

Visit site

I remember that.
Nasty low life motherduckers the lot of them. Still makes me angry on your behalf to think about!!

MagicMelon

Visit site
My very local community group had someone rant about one horse poo near her driveway (not actually on her property). She went on a rant that "these" people (who I think they mean horse people in general as lots of different people ride in this particular place) also parked their "huge expensive" lorries by the entrance to a graveyard and how selfish it was as people couldnt then park their cars there. This graveyard is a tiny rural one, I think Ive seen a car parked in the layby beside it twice in the entire 9 years Ive lived here... Ive seen a couple of horse lorries there sometimes and theres always space left for a car. They just seemed bitter. The arguements that ensued were ridiculous. Obviously the pro horse people and the clearly very anti couple of locals who seem to hate horses and horse people.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Been on here that long I honestly can’t remember a time when I got really trolled ? I give as good as I get to be fair and most of the time I am proper belly laughing at some folks attempts at drawing a fight.

Facebook again can’t really think of a time ? then again I’ve came off Facebook after I got a 30 day ban for telling my friend I’d murder her if I saw her at the yard with her broken in two places pinned and plated ankle. Yeah bots are wonderful things ?

I’ve seen some belters though mind you

Mary3050

Visit site
My personal favourite has to be the time I got trolled galloping up my dad and grandads field on a local horsey page . I hadn’t even made it up the hill into my dads field by the time the photo was on Facebook ? . Got called everything and told I was the reason horse riders get a bad rep, damaging crops etc I stated it was our land and I got called a entitled shit who thinks they own everything and can do as they please. Fully laid into it went on for weeks a dog Walker stopped me on a hack and had a right go at me . Or the person that trolled me for doing a charity event the same weekend as there online fundraiser for there own horses ended ?

Mary3050

Visit site
Also love the time my family got trolled on a local village page . My grandad had my aunties big youngster he was just under 16h at two years old . He was out with my grandad two shetlands. We had an apple tree at the side of the field well the big fella figure he could scrump the apples . But then the Shetlands figures if they bit his legs he would drop them. It kept leading to big dumb things legs flying about and the shits chasing about being idiots going one went through the fence and the other got clipped by the big lads hoof only mild . They still kept doing it and the amount of apples they where getting off the tree wasn’t healthy. So grandad electric taped it off with double fencing and omg the abuse he got on SM was unreal . The locals said he was starving them not letting them live wild and forage. Teasing them with the apple on the floor . My grandad now hates anything to do with Facebook ?

Berpisc

Visit site
Not directly me but we had a good one on a local small town forum on facebook. Someone had taken some very good townscape pictures on a bright day with reflections of the shops and flats above showing in the puddles. Very nice, well photographed, in their innocence thought they would share....
Up popped someone who was upset and outraged because they said they could make out their silhouette in one of the first floor flat windows in the reflection of the puddle (bearing in mind the puddle was a small part of the picture, the flat window a small part of the reflection.) Their privacy had been violated etc etc and they wouldn't let it drop. Of course no one had even noticed until a big fuss was caused and even then it was impossible to identify the vague image of a person. Maybe with a good magnifying glass you might have seen them? Who knows. It cause way more comment and people squinting at the photo than if the person had not made such a massive fuss; unless that was what they were aiming for.

Tarragon

Visit site
In FaceBook's defence, I am a member of a handful of private member groups which I find invaluable, a great source of information and support, and I have used it to create a handful of private groups when I organise any reasonably large scale event and found it to be very useful for that purpose! A bit like television, yes there is a lot of rubbish on there, but better to have it available and just be selective.
I live by the old adage, if you can't say anything nice then better to say nothing at all :)

HorseyTee

Visit site
Various things but one of the funniest was on my town Community Group page on Facebook. They did not like me using the term "Crotch Dropplings" instead of children. Bunch of snowflakes ?

Omg crotch dropplings!!!! ?

I don't think I've ever been trolled anywhere. I tend to stay away from confrontational subjects.

Cob Life

Visit site
I got told my horse was badly trained because he took off with me once in the summer this year.
Which was probably my fault as I gave him 2 weeks off, turned him out on fresh grass and got on and rode in a field and just expected him to be normal, he gave me a swift reality check!

Polos

Visit site
I’ve got really thin sensitive skin to the point certain clothes like jeans can rub me raw.

years ago I posted on a forum somewhere asking for rein and glove recommendations as my current set up was rubbing my hands raw. Next thing you know I’m being torn apart for abusing my horse because I must be pulling on his mouth too hard as that’s the only way I could possibly have rubbed my fingers raw. Out of a 3 page or something thread not one person didn’t accuse me of abusing my horse

Darkly_Dreaming_Dex

Visit site
WTF? Oh the irony - so my old skull cap without a peak will definitely be less safe than going bare headed when clipping? I’d taken a break from this place & left FB because of this sort of insanity - came back because I was really really struggling but I don’t think I can do this anymore
When I was a student (many moons ago) we were told not to wear riding hats when clipping. The reasoning being that the peak would limit your field of vision if you were going to get kicked/bitten somewhere other than your head you wouldn’t see it coming.
I have worn a hat when clipping and the only downside I found was it’s blooming hot!
In all fairness this is correct, damaged or ill fitting hats and body protectors can do more damage. Really if you've fallen off in them they need checking by someone qualified to see if they're safe to use or not. But someone behind a screen can't make that assessment.

[153312]

Visit site
WTF? Oh the irony - so my old skull cap without a peak will definitely be less safe than going bare headed when clipping? I’d taken a break from this place & left FB because of this sort of insanity - came back because I was really really struggling but I don’t think I can do this anymore
Bit of an extreme reaction ??

https://www.bhs.org.uk/advice-and-information/tack-and-equipment/what-to-wear/headwear

https://www.seib.co.uk/2019/08/12/when-should-you-replace-your-riding-hat/#:~:text=It is strongly recommended you,and you should replace it.

https://www.charlesowen.com/guides/why-should-you-replace-your-helmet-after-a-fall.html

https://horseandcountry.tv/10-hard-facts-about-riding-hats/

Ultimately it's your head so it's your choice.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site

Hmm... I think that any kind of head covering, even a wooly bobble hat, will give some measure of protection if, for example, your horse knocks or bumps into you and you fall against the wall. At the very least, it might stop you getting a superficial cut that risks getting infected if not cleaned promptly.

So a skull cap, even if old, is better than being bare-headed, in my opinion, when inside a stable or box with a horse that is less than calm.

Last edited:

I'm Dun

Visit site

That was a polite response from Snail pointing out there was a basis to it. If you are struggling it can affect the way you view things, there was no trolling or malice in that interaction though.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I’ve got really thin sensitive skin to the point certain clothes like jeans can rub me raw.

years ago I posted on a forum somewhere asking for rein and glove recommendations as my current set up was rubbing my hands raw. Next thing you know I’m being torn apart for abusing my horse because I must be pulling on his mouth too hard as that’s the only way I could possibly have rubbed my fingers raw. Out of a 3 page or something thread not one person didn’t accuse me of abusing my horse
I'm the same with sensitive skin. I have to wear gloves around the horses or my hands are shredded. For some reason my knuckles get it the worst when I'm riding. If anyone can explain that mystery... I mean what are they even touching? My only idea is that flapping mane hair is the cause, but it's not exactly razor wire.

Visit site
Hmm... I think that any kind of head covering, even a wooly bobble hat, will give some measure of protection if, for example, your horse knocks or bumps into you and you fall against the wall. At the very least, it might stop you getting a superficial cut that risks getting infected if not cleaned promptly.

So a skull cap, even if old, is better than being bare-headed, in my opinion, when inside a stable or box with a horse that is less than calm.

I wear a baseball cap for clipping and had a horses front hoof come down on my head last year. I got an inch long gash - down to the bone! So annoying that the Dr wouldn't take a pic of on my phone for me! It was the back of my head near the to so I couldn't see it in a mirror. How often in your life are you going to be able to say you can see your own skull through a hole in the skin!?!?!?

Any who!

Yes the baseball cap probably made the cut an inch shorter than it would have been without one but a hard hat would have prevented the cut entirely. Do I wear a hard hat to clip in now? Do I heck! Still have the same baseball cap!

On over 2000 clips over the years that is the first time I have had an injury that required more than a bit of duct tape to fix. And to be honest if it wasn't a head wound that was bleeding so much I wouldn't have bothered going to A&E but I was bullied into it.

I can see how a peaked hat would be annoying for some people but I quite like my baseball cap keeping a lot of the falling hair out of my eyes.

As to a bobble/beanie hat - eww!!!! That would be minging and unusable again after 1 clip let alone the amount I get through!

Kaylum

Visit site

Yep we have ppe rules which require riding hats to be worn when handling any horse or even poo picking if your in the same field as them.