What small things have made your day??

Janette

Visit site
My son told me that he has had a 'complete response' to his Leukaemia meds :D

His consultant stood up, shook his hand and told him 'congratulations'!
They won't say the word 'cure', but it's as good as!

That made my year, never mind my day! :D

mturnbull

Visit site
My foalie ( ok technically shes a 'yearling' ;) ) was sleeping when i went up this morning and she lets me go in and sit with her but this morning she put her head on my lap and I think we sat there for about 10 minutes which was just utter bliss!

Cobiau Cymreig Wyllt

Visit site
Having loves in the field in the sun with my big boy after a good training session with him.
Contemplating the fact that his new saddle is arriving tomorrow.:D
Discovering the joys of 'canter on' mane and tail conditioner and giving the boys 'advert-hair' all round.
Having to re-establish the boundaries with bolshy rising 3-yo and the moment when he calmed down and let me do what I needed to do..and then followed me sheepishly afterwards.
Sitting on a rock in the ponies' field watching them all munch in the sun and thinking how nice it was to just sit there for a bit instead of constantly being on some kind of mission or other :)
Feeling like last week's epic bulls**t is finally slipping into the distance...:rolleyes:

nikicb

www.facebook.com

That is amazing - I am so happy for you and your son. It far outweighs anything else anyone has mentioned. :):):) xxxxxxxxxxx

Natz88

Visit site
I managed to go for a hack on my haflinger in between the down pours of rain today & he isn't great with heavy veichles & we was going down a lane to have a big coach approach us which he doesn't like, so I stood & he was as good as gold. Doesn't sound much, but it was a big achievement as he is generally terrified although his eyes wer eout on stalks bless him :D

charlimouse

Visit site
Did my uni presentation on Sports Nutrition and got 64%! Now just a 2 hour exam tomorrow, and a 1000 word essay for Monday then I am free all summer until the end of September!!!

FinkleyAlex

Visit site

That's brilliant news - so pleased for you both!

Goldenstar

Visit site
I took my care in the community horse to my trainer for a lesson.
He was broken to ride at ten and it has benn an uphill struggle he refused to canter it took me six months to get three strides of canter out of him .
He has not been to a lesson for months it was avenue he has never been to before .
And we cantered and cantered and cantered just like a normal horse ( well it was tense in the neck and a bit Bambifiedat at time but that's a result it made my day.

Toffee44

Visit site
Turned up at yard samba at gate shouting for me let her through loose. She stood outside her stable let me take her muzzle off. Walked into stable and while munching her tea she lifted her legs up on command for me to pick up, love her.

Oh and my spaniel x labrador has decided 18months down the line that swimming is fun and what's better Is to dive under neath???!!!

misterjinglejay

Visit site
I know it's a little thing, but it absolutely makes my day when my two 8 month old malamute pups have a good training session.
We are training them to pull a rig, and although they are too young yet to do that, my OH runs them on a belt and works on directions and other useful commands - they are so quick to learn, and so happy to please.
We are all chuffed when they do well :D

misterjinglejay

Visit site
Also when my old retired sec D refuses to be caught and runs around like a nutter - I know I shouldn't be happy at that, but at least he's still got his cheeky character. I was worried that he's sort of go into himself and get bored when he retired, but when I see him tossing his head and kicking up his heels as he runs away from me and the headcollar, I can help but laugh!

Sophstar

Visit site
Finding your brat pony in the field he's MEANT to be in and still has his muzzle on.:rolleyes:

My friend's filly yearling whinnying as I get out the car to let her out (only been with us for 5 days):eek:

My other pony coming to gate when I called and nickering profusely cos he knew it was breakfast time and his 10 minutes of freedom from his muzzle:D

Shadster

Visit site
Opened a feed bag with one pull of the string,

I've not been able to do that for years!! Frustrates me a lot :rolleyes:

I did Zumba last night after not doing it all winter. Loved it and felt good to work up a sweat. And it was my cat's second birthday. My OH and I sung happy birhtday to him and then he had a mad half hour playing/fighting with our other cat :D