What sort of dog is that

Auslander

Visit site
Beautiful as that dog is, I would have guessed setter cross! But Welsh or not, all show bred springers look like setter crosses to me.

I know what you mean - I reckon it's the show trim. He looks very different now he's retired from showing to be a dog again!
I think the one that really got to Dad was "Is it a Beagle cross?"

nellietinker

Visit site
The puppy in the middle of the three is a "graveyard dog" according to our shearers as she has more than one cross - Kelpie x Border Collie x Hunterway.
Zephyr is a Jack Russel cross Whippet - um no he is an Italian Greyhound

Attachments

• 20180803_205032 (3).jpg
    20180803_205032 (3).jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Zephyr D.jpg
    Zephyr D.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 13

Chiffy

Visit site
What about flatcoats then? No one ever knows what they are. Either Lab x Spaniel or some sort of setter.
A friend with a black one ( not even liver) got asked if it was a red setter!! 🤪

{97702}

Visit site
Clearly I'm weird because I can correctly identify most breeds lol - the Leonberger owner was hugely impressed and spent a long time telling me about the breed while I was trying to make a bored fidgety TB stand still and not carry on our hack regardless :D

I still remember with great fondness though that this, according to the lovely group of Brownies I was walking past, is a dalmatian.....

1548353542808.png

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
What about flatcoats then? No one ever knows what they are. Either Lab x Spaniel or some sort of setter.
A friend with a black one ( not even liver) got asked if it was a red setter!! 🤪
Flatcoat owners are always impressed with me as I invariably recognise them! I also met some swissies recently, and impressed the owners with my recognition of those too. HHO is rather helpful sometimes 😂😂

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Ringcraft classes are a minefield - I had lengthy conversations last night with two ladies and complimented them on their lovely dogs. I still don't have a bloody clue what either of them were.

One puppy was the same shape as an entlebucher mountain hound but with a longer coat, blueish rather than black and I think I overheard her say that another dog in the litter was merle.

The other looked very like a wire dachshund but her first show was to be National Terrier. Which ones are wiry, loooong and loooow? :p

Fair's fair though, I apparently have a lovely Finnish spitz!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Ringcraft classes are a minefield - I had lengthy conversations last night with two ladies and complimented them on their lovely dogs. I still don't have a bloody clue what either of them were.

One puppy was the same shape as an entlebucher mountain hound but with a longer coat, blueish rather than black and I think I overheard her say that another dog in the litter was merle.

The other looked very like a wire dachshund but her first show was to be National Terrier. Which ones are wiry, loooong and loooow? :p

Fair's fair though, I apparently have a lovely Finnish spitz!

Glen of Imaal ?

Probably 95% of people think our Lancashire Heeler is a terrier. Including the judge at a Companion show who very kindly told me he shouldn't be in the Working and Pastoral class !

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
There's a lady in the next village who breeds large Munsterlanders. Beautiful dogs they are but I bet she gets fed up of people asking what her 'springers' are crossed with :rolleyes:

The OH says he fancies similar size springers next time. Given I’ve never seen such tall ones as mine, I reckon Mumsterlanders may be the way forward!

this made me laugh SO much. Perhaps your cocker was overfed as a puppy

I did once find him with his head in a bag of kibble. His stomach looked like he’d swallowed a basketball!

I’m pretty convinced they’re pure, mum was definitely a springer.
1548367567683.jpeg