What sort of dog WOULD you have?

NinjaPony

Visit site
Nova Scotia Duck Tollers are my number 1. My friend used to breed them and they are the most beautiful dogs with wonderful temperaments. When I have enough time to exercise one, I’ll have one!

I’d also like a whippet and I’m fond of Welsh Springers!

Other breeds I’d love but probably wont have for various practical reasons:
-Saluki
-English Setter
-Golden Retriever
-Liver spotted Dalmation

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Border collie x whippet (I'm determined ?)
Smooth collie
English Bull Terrier
Border Collie (but a really specific look ?)
More whippets
Italian Greyhound

I could go on but they're top of the wish list.
Another few, Dalmatian,
Smooth Collie,
Borzoi,
Cairn,

As we have six dogs at the moment, that is probably enough!

I've had a Smooth Collie, and in general they're easy to own, train, and friendly. I don't understand why they're not more popular, perhaps they get overlooked because they're just too averagely nice, and doesn't stand out enough.
Or maybe it is as simple as that most potential owners either want the real Lassie, or they want a different breed altogether, instead of a breed I've heard described as shaved Lassie :D.

If they'd only been 5 - 10 centimetres smaller, and spitzes, I'd have another one.

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
Thinking about it, I know nothing about them, and I’m not usually a fan of small dogs (the 6’4 OH might have something to do with that)! He’s always said he likes a dog to at least reach his knees. I really like the look of Schnauzers (sp). I know you can get big ones, but I like the smaller ones.

FinnishLapphund

Visit site
Thinking about it, I know nothing about them, and I’m not usually a fan of small dogs (the 6’4 OH might have something to do with that)! He’s always said he likes a dog to at least reach his knees. I really like the look of Schnauzers (sp). I know you can get big ones, but I like the smaller ones.

I knew someone whose mum bred Yorkshire Terriers, who bought a Dobermann when she moved out from home. After a few years she had realised that working breeds really was her thing, but also that she did prefer small dogs, so she bought a small Schnauzer.
Her first one was an excellent pick, so she took a litter from her, and she and her mother started to breed them...

Blanche

Down the road,up the hill,second gate on the left
Visit site
More Dallies( liver preferably) obviously! And then a huge list of other breeds.

Hovawart
Fox Terrier, Wire and Smooth
Manchester Terrier
EBT
Tibetan Terrier
Chinese Crested- Powder Puff only
Italian Greyhound
Doberman
Rottweiler
Eurasier
Finish Lapphund

I could go on but I don’t want to bore you too much.

Equi

Visit site
I have always wanted a doberman. I looked after two mentally beautiful ones in kennels for a few years that turned out to be my at the time boyfriends (before i knew him obvs lol) so that was a great icebreaker. I will never have one because i know i am not the right home for one but i love them! I wanted and got a staffy which was a real eye opener! wonderful 14 years but never again will i have a staffy lol

I have also always wanted a champaign chihuahua. Called peanut. It has to be roly poly not like the tea cup ones that break if you set them on the floor.

Above all else, i DONT want a dog! We as a family have never not had a dog, its just what you do you have a dog..this past year and a half without any dogs has taught us we actually are not dog people and don't want a dog, though dad still tries to get us to allow him to get another black bitch lab to live outside alone. NOPE. Its inside or its not here, thus it is not here.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Sorry to say that with that list of specific sorts of terrier surely you would need an Irish Terrier too??? :p:p

Haha, tbh my actual answer is all the terriers, I want all of them, but felt like I should narrow it down to my top picks. Irish terriers are beautiful but a shade over my optimal dog height, similar for Airedale terriers.

TB - surely a terrier with good recall would spoil the charm of them? I don't know how I'd feel if the westie didn't metaphorically lob the v at me a few times a week...never fails to brighten a bad day

FinnishLapphund

Visit site
Above all else, i DONT want a dog! We as a family have never not had a dog, its just what you do you have a dog..this past year and a half without any dogs has taught us we actually are not dog people and don't want a dog, though dad still tries to get us to allow him to get another black bitch lab to live outside alone. NOPE. Its inside or its not here, thus it is not here.

That is the danger when people don't have enough dogs in their home, it increases the risk for that they suddenly one day find themselves dogless, and then they might find out stupid things that nobody needs to know about themselves. Such as that they don't want a new dog.

17jgs4.jpg

Equi

Visit site
hahaha true! We have always had overlaps so never had the "no dog" phase. Dads got a nostalgia about a lab bitch because our old dog Ace (who they got as a puppy the same month i was born) would just always be there pottering about with you and he enjoyed her company. But that was also in the days when he was outside most of the day in the garden or shed with her at his side, i would be running about making her show jump and at night after her scraps from dinner she would take herself off to the other homes who also saved scraps for her (was a very cheap dog to keep fed!!) she would wait for me to come home from school at the end of the road about 1/2 mile away from the house etc. Hes not an emotional man but he bloody cried when that dog died. No dog has ever been the same, though our dog we got the same week Ace died was bloody close and she had the same life too but we moved house and she got hit by a car and since that we never let a dog roam again, and that sort of put us off cause they were still outside dogs at that point so we fell into the trap of getting more dogs to keep the other company when stuck in the pen. Our last dog was a beautiful boy, but he was a house dog and we thought well he may as well live out his days inside, and with him came my staffy hahaha and we realised we are not house dog people..we had to put up with it rather than actually enjoying it. He is olde rnow and spends more time just sitting in his chair.

He now has 4 cats that follow him about so he can just live with it lol

palo1

Visit site
Haha, tbh my actual answer is all the terriers, I want all of them, but felt like I should narrow it down to my top picks. Irish terriers are beautiful but a shade over my optimal dog height, similar for Airedale terriers.

TB - surely a terrier with good recall would spoil the charm of them? I don't know how I'd feel if the westie didn't metaphorically lob the v at me a few times a week...never fails to brighten a bad day

Ah well, there are other ways in which my Irish shows an astonishing level of 'terrier'...those too never fail to lift my spirits!! :) :)

scats

Visit site
When I was a little ‘un, I used to love a kids program called Mop and Smiff. Mop was an Old English Sheepdog and I became obsessed with them. Still haven’t managed to have one, I think the upkeep would just be too much in reality as I would like to keep them long. There is one who walks locally called Rosie and she’s absolutely gorgeous. She is cut short though.

I grew up with German Shephards so have a real soft spot for them. My brother is obsessed with Mali’s. He has a Mali bitch. She’s amazing but my god she’s mental and needs so much exercise.