What the..?!?!

fatpiggy

Visit site
I got the impression that it was a nice picture of a little boy with his Dad and the horse just happened to wander in and pull a face behind them. My horse was filmed and photographed by lots of people over the years, total strangers, and I never worried about it (apart from the time some Japanese tourists were videoing her playing in the local lake and the witch got down and lay in it while I was still on her - total humiliation on my part!). The family were on a public footpath so had every right to be there and take a snap. What about all the people who enter the Countryfile calendar competition every year - do they ask permission before they take pictures of a flock of sheep, or a cow feeding her calf, or wild ponies on the moors - they are all owned by someone after all. I hope that karma gets this horrible woman, and her equally horrible father - the apple didn't fall far from the tree, did it? and they get photographed by a speed camera. I bet she is a right chav with all the class of stone.

glamourpuss

Visit site
Hmm im afraid I have to go against the grain here. Im afraid I wouldn't appreciate a picture of one of my animals being posted on social media without my permission.
It may be a public place but it still doesn't belong to the person taking the photo. Would you start taking pictures of a strangers car without their permission? Or their dog? Then post them all online?
Some people may be fine with it but I personally wouldnt like images of my horses posted all over the internet.
I agree however in regards to the holiday the owner is being petty. It would be the photos of my property being posted and used online without my permission that would annoy me.

But the big point of this that you have missed here is it is NOTHING to do with privacy & not wanting pictures of the horse circulated because

1) the owner themselves state had they known about the competition they would have entered it!

2) The only reason the picture of the horse is now circulating so much.....is because of the fuss SHE is making about it!!

I really hate people like this woman, trying to ruin things for other people. Yes, I'm not going to lie if I saw a horse of mine had won a holiday for someone I'd feel a little stab of jealousy that I hadn't won the prize. But to act on that jealousy....not in a MILLION years!!

Equine_Dream

Visit site
But the big point of this that you have missed here is it is NOTHING to do with privacy & not wanting pictures of the horse circulated because

1) the owner themselves state had they known about the competition they would have entered it!

2) The only reason the picture of the horse is now circulating so much.....is because of the fuss SHE is making about it!!

I really hate people like this woman, trying to ruin things for other people. Yes, I'm not going to lie if I saw a horse of mine had won a holiday for someone I'd feel a little stab of jealousy that I hadn't won the prize. But to act on that jealousy....not in a MILLION years!!

Actually i think youll find if you read my further posts i do agree this idiot is kicking off purely about money. I was simply giving my own POV in the post you have quoted xx

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
Would you like the thought of someone taking a picture of your car and putting it all over the internet? Maybe im just an overly private person but I wouldn't like it.

They did, its called Google Street View. Also my house, chickens, garden and neighbours pony in his paddock (mine happened to be around the back at the time). Didn't bother me at all, they blurred the licence plates.

Equine_Dream

Visit site
They did, its called Google Street View. Also my house, chickens, garden and neighbours pony in his paddock (mine happened to be around the back at the time). Didn't bother me at all, they blurred the licence plates.

As Ive said im clearly just an odd person but I would find it a bit odd if a stranger stopped outside my house, took a picture of my car, then put it all over facebook. Same with my horses.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I've had people take photos of my car and I was even once stopped in the street and asked if it was for sale. I've also had walkers take photos of my horses both here (from the roadside) and at the yard I used to livery at that had a footpath through the field. My grey is very friendly and any walker was asked for skritches, she was a cute yearling at the time too, so did her bit for non-horsey human/horse relations.

Equine_Dream

Visit site
I would find that so random :D is your car a classic or particularly sporty? I would find it very odd why anyone would want to photograph my boring old ford kuga lol.
Like I said re my horses I wouldn't be too bothered if the photos were for personal use. But when their shared all online god knows where the photos would end up. Thats what would make me feel a bit meh about it xx

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Really, really sporty... it's a Morris Minor Traveller. I can fit four bales in the back. :)

I have no idea if they shared the photos of my horses or not. I'd only find out if I came across one. I have shared photos on here and they could have been used elsewhere without my knowledge.

ShadowHunter

Visit site
I guess i'd be uncomfortable with someone putting my horse on Facebook when i didn't know. However i would never react that way, over the top and pretty ridiculous imo.
Hearing now that the family cannot go on the holiday they won because of this woman.

Annagain

Visit site
I can't say I have a huge problem with photos of anything in my opinion but I can understand someone not wanting their car and number plate on social media. With an idea of what a car looks like and a reg number, criminals could easily clone a similar car and commit crimes with it and therefore implicate the owner.

I've never heard of a horse being cloned and involved in ride by shootings ;)

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I guess I've been dragged to too many car shows by my Dad. Photographing the cars on display is normal, but I would blurr/obscure numberplates if I was going to share the photos.

HashRouge

Visit site
The whole thing is so ridiculous - the owner of the horse has just made things worse for herself and I don't see how she didn't realise that would happen. She's now getting slagged off on national newspaper websites (I've just been reading the comment section of the Guardian) and her name is all over the news, with the general consensus being that she's a miserable so and so. I only hope that the father and son still get their holiday!

Equine_Dream

Visit site
I guess i'd be uncomfortable with someone putting my horse on Facebook when i didn't know. However i would never react that way, over the top and pretty ridiculous imo.
Hearing now that the family cannot go on the holiday they won because of this woman.

Agree this woman is just being utterly spiteful. It may make me uncomfortable but I would certainly never bully and harass the poor family like this. What a nasty piece how work

AandK

Visit site
That bit cracked me up! What a ridiculous argument! Besides, she makes it sound like the only reason they won was because of the horse, but I though the dad and his lovely little boy were what really made it such a nice photo. The horse just adds a bit of comedy!

I honestly can't imagine someone being so miserable about something so tiny. I would be delighted if my horse helped win someone a holiday. I like to think her and her fieldmate are in lots of hikers photos as their field is next to a footpath in a beautiful bit of the countryside.

I really hope they still get to go on the holiday. Honestly, she's contacting Thomson's to complain...what a misery guts!

100% this! Not sure why she thinks she could have won? She is saying her horse sticks its tongue out on que but the pic in question is not one of the horse with tongue out!?!

Absolute madness...

AandK

Visit site
The point I saw in the texts was that the owner had trained the horse to do this. I can kind of see the annoyance there- if she spent ages teaching a horse a trick and someone else won a £2k holiday because of that trick and she gets nothing...you can see why she might be annoyed. Her reaction was ridiculous, but I do sort of get the sentiment (ill-founded though it may be).

But she has trained the horse to stick its tongue out, it's not doing that in the selfie pic?

Last edited:

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Adorable Alice's response to being told off by her Aunty Helen. Can I have a prize please ? bag of carrots will do.

What on earth is the owner of the horse thinking of, she had made herself into an object of ridicule. National press, BBc early news, you could not make it up !

Duchy27thApril13andted015_zps5a73887c.jpg

Ebony3000

New User
Visit site
I cannot believe that anyone could brand the father as 'shameful'. It's a lovely photograph. If it's true that there are demands for him to hand over half of the winnings then could that be the real reason for the complaint, rather than genuine concern that the photo has been taken without permission? I hope the family manage to enjoy their holiday.

MargotC

Visit site
If I were the owner, I'd be more concerned that other people go to ' regularly feed' my horse without my consent or knowledge.

http://www.newsnorthwales.co.uk/new...e-competition-winner-will-get-2000-prize.aspx

I do think someone should politely explain to the dad (and why not bring it up in an article to spread awareness, given this incident is getting so much publicity) why feeding horses like that is a bad idea. Probably best if this didn't come from the owner or her friends, seeing the approach they have taken.

Orca

Visit site
I do think someone should politely explain to the dad (and why not bring it up in an article to spread awareness, given this incident is getting so much publicity) why feeding horses like that is a bad idea. Probably best if this didn't come from the owner or her friends, seeing the approach they have taken.

Good thinking! I wonder how that could best be achieved? Contacting the relevant media outlets with a well worded letter might be a good start? Communication by an authority in the horse world maybe even better. I have no authority �� ...is anyone in a position to do something like this and be heard?

Annagain

Visit site
OMG it's just got worse. Just watching the Welsh news and they interviewed the 'owner'....a young girl of no more than 16 or 17 who was obviously desperately trying to remember what she had been coached to say. I can't believe her mother let her do that rather than fronting up herself.

crabbymare

Visit site
OMG it's just got worse. Just watching the Welsh news and they interviewed the 'owner'....a young girl of no more than 16 or 17 who was obviously desperately trying to remember what she had been coached to say. I can't believe her mother let her do that rather than fronting up herself.
did not see that as I am not in wales but I do feel sorry for the daughter being shoved forwards to save her mother from looking stupid. she will probably now get a lot of teasing at school and possibly worse on social media :(

MargotC

Visit site
Very cynical of the media to not foresee how this can affect the people involved and as such shield them a little, even if they are pushing to get their story out there(?).