What time does everyone's days start???

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Just wondering what time everyone starts there day and hours they work??

I hopefully have a new job in the pipelines which instead of working 9-4.30, I will be working 9-5.30 and also its a slightly longer drive to work etc...have been working out and during this weather will need to get up about 6am, do horses and try and ride, have everything ready for evening as wont get to yard until about 6ish....

How does everyone else manage it??

Rambo

Visit site
Get up at 5:15am. Get into the office for 8am. Leave at 4:45pm. Get to yard about 6:45pm. Ride until 8:30pm. Home by 9pm for tea
grin.gif

samp

Visit site
I am up at 5.30 - have 8 horses to feed, 2 to change rugs turnout and 1 - 2 to muck out then have to be home for 6.45. Out to work for 8 - 4 and then ride in the eves - get home by 6.30 - 7.00

Tempi

Visit site
i get up at 6am, drive to yard to do two horses (one gets turned out and one needs to be mucked out as staying in). Get home at 715am, do hair/makeup, make lunch, have breakfast and walk to work (25min walk). Work is from 9-4, but i usually get out around 345ish, get a lift home from mum and we're down the yard around 415ish. muck out two horses ride two horses/lunge and home by 7/730pm......then i quite often go out so quick shower and out the house by 8!!
blush.gif

KrashnBurn

Visit site
I am up at 7. My boy is on part livery so they do the morning shift for me.
grin.gif
Work 8.30 'til 5, get to yard about 5.40 and home by about 8ish.

Kelly1982

Visit site
I get up at 7am, at work by 8.30am, leave work at 5pm, down yard by 6.30pm, leave yard at 8pm (sometimes later) and home between 8.30pm & 9pm

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Get up at 5.15 go and do horse (DIY). Get to work for 7 and then finish at 3, 45 minutes travel each way. Get back to horses at 4 ish ride and do whatever else req.

Quarrybank

Visit site
I'm up at 5.30am as I work in London & start at 7.15am. Finish at between 5.15pm & 5.30pm. Get home, go down to yard & ride (admittedly & thankfully horse is on part livery) Get home between 8pm & 8.30pm. Make & eat dinner, watch a bit of telly & in bed by 10.30pm!!!

Jo79

Visit site
I'm up at 6.30am, at the yard by 7am, I feed and muck out then I turn a friends horse out with mine. Back home by 8am leaving the house again by 8.15 I'm in the office by 8.30!

Leave work at 5pm, at the yard by 5.30 then ride, groom and put to bed normally get home about 7.30 - 8.00pm ish!

I'm lucky though coz I only work 10mins from home and keep my boy 5mins from home! So it works out quite nicely!

miller

Visit site
Up at 5:30 to feed, muck out both. Depending on my shift I'll either ride mine then turn both out or we will turn them out 1st thing together.

Leave for work at either 7:20 or 8:20 depending on shift, home either 5:20 or 6:40 then either ride or groom mine (OH gets home earlier if I'm on lates and fetches both in) OH rides after work.

In house by 7:45-8pm, eat, bed and same again the next day.

Unless of course I get a call out (on 24hr call for work) then I'm up half the night too!

Mellymoo1

Visit site
I'm up at 5.45am, at the yard for 6, feed, turnout and muck out the loon horse. Leave the yard at 7.20, home by 7.30 for shower, make up etc. At work at 8.30, leave at 5, at the yard by about 5.30pm. Back home about 7.30 then make dinner, clean house and collapse on sofa!!

Phew - when you write it down it looks a lot!

MrsMagoo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
OMG
shocked.gif
There are some dedicated people out there!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Exacatly what I was thinking...
shocked.gif
well if everyone else can do it, so can i...*** at the mo im up about 7ish, dressed go to yard, turn out, muck out and to work by 9am...but this new job i cant turn up in smelly horse gear lol so have to plan to get home to change
smile.gif

Lill

Visit site
Um well get up at 830 at work for 9 (just about!) finish at 5, at stables for 6ish ride them both, feed, turnout and get home at about 9ish usually in bed by 1030. Am a bit worried though as i'm getting home at 9ish now how late am i gonna get home once they start coming in at night and i have to muck out etc too?!?!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Well at the moment I get up at a leisurly 6.45am as neither of my horses are in yet - so I don't go to the yard in the morning (they are checked by YO).

Start work at 8.00 finish at 4.00 on the yard by 5.00.

Once nags come in it'll be a 5.30am start, 7.00 at the weekend.

SSM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Up at 5:20am, feed at 5:30. Coffee (or 2) till gone 6, then muck out and do legs. Start riding out at 7:30am. Finish riding and feed midday.

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed out visiting HHO at 6 !!!!! Often see you posting while I am playing!

My day, alarm at 5.45, hubby makes a mug of tea (Bumble Dog has her two biccys then snuggles back down!) play on internet for 30 mins then up at 6.45 - 4 horses to feed and turnout, muck the Donkey out and pick a barrow off the field, home for 8.15 - shower and change office for 9.15 - back on the yard for 6, ride and feed etc home at 7.30 to feed the rest!!!

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
get up at 5.45am, go to yard, feed, turnout and muckout Murph. Leave yard at 7.00am go to work to start at 7.30 with their horses and in office by 9.00am. Leave work at 5.00pm at Murphs by 5.30pm, ride or just get in and groom/feed normally home by 7.00pm. Oh and normally in bed by 10.30pm!!!

Henmen

Visit site
Sod getting up at 5 in the morning to do horses!!!

I get up at 7am do kids for school, and get to yard at 10am!!

Accy

Visit site
Up at 6am yard for 7am, feed muck out turn out work for 8.15am, leave work about 5pm yard for about 5.10 pm normally home for about 8pm

Sarah1

Visit site
Well 3 days a week I get a lay-in and don't get up til 7am! On these days I don't go to yard in the morning so I get up, shower, get ready for work, have breakfast then leave house at 8:30 to be at work for 9. Finish work at 5:30 then have 25 min journey home, get changed and straight off to yard (will soon have to start getting changed at work and going straight to stables - the toilets where I get changed are outside, yes I think I might possibly freeze in winter!).
When I get to yard about 6:15 I have to muck out and get his stable ready, then I have a 15 min walk to fetch him from bottom field! I try to at least lunge him for 15 mins a couple of times a week at least and I end up getting home about 8-9pm then I have to get tea and try to spend some time with my little girl (chocolate labrador called Daisy!) before we go to bed!
On the days I have to turn out I'm up at 5:45am and have to turn 4 out and muck mine out if poss before having to be back home for 7am! The rest of the day is pretty much the same!!!!!!!!!

princesskelly

Visit site
i get up at 3.45. have to start work at 4.30. luckly poppy is sorted out in the morning and i do the evnings and ride. if i have to do her in morning i will turn her out at 3.30 then come back over at lunchtime and bring her in. i work till 1pm.

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
At the moment I am up at 6:30 (though don't drag myself out of bed till just before 7) out of house by 7:30 for work at 8:30. Last week at this job though have a week off then up half an hour earlier to get to new job at 8am to finish at 5pm to be at yard for 5:40ish

MrsMagoo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i get up at 3.45. have to start work at 4.30. luckly poppy is sorted out in the morning and i do the evnings and ride. if i have to do her in morning i will turn her out at 3.30 then come back over at lunchtime and bring her in. i work till 1pm.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG what do you do???
shocked.gif

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
Up at the 5.15am, feed, change rugs and turn out three horses, then muck out three stables and prepare for evening. Leave for work the back of 7 am, 1hr 20 min drive to work. Leave work 5 pm, once home ride two horses (this now down to one or none as it's too dark), then take all three in, change rugs, feed, etc. Get in the house about 9pm. Time to eat, fall asleep and then do it all again!

(Husband works from home so exercises horses when I can't.)

fairhill

Visit site
I feel very lazy - I don't get up at 6.50 as horses are on part livery. I leave my house at 7.15, and start work at 8. I normally finish work at 3.30-4pm, then go to the stables for about 5.30 in the winter, and after 6pm in the summer.

dieseldog

Visit site
My alarm goes off at 6am, I get out of bed by 6.15, in my car at the gate by about 6.25, do horse takes 30 seconds - we have loads of spare stables so he has 2, one for the day one for night, so he swaps stables get to work for 7, leave at 3.30. ride about 4.30 in the house watching telly by 6. It's an advantage having them at home

4whitesocks

Visit site
At the mo (with horse on full livery) up at 6.30 (if hair washing) and 6.45 if not! Out the door at 7.25 to get train at 7.42, at my desk by 8.40. Evenings depends on how busy am in work, try and make 5.30 or 6 pm train - most evenings get to yard, usually before 7.30, ride & get home by 9.30. In bed by 10.30/11......

By next summer will have horse living at home so have no idea how early will have to get up/get out etc. Am assuming up at 6, horse fed mucked out turned out & watered by 6.45....though in summ r think will leave out 24/7 - the evenings will be fine to ride etc while still light but haven't figured out how will manage next winter....