What time does everyone's days start???

Rambo

Visit site
I was thinking the same thing
shocked.gif

riotgirl

Visit site
Blimey, I am lazy compared to you lot! I get up about 7.00am. Feed horses, quick clean of stable, chuck horses out with hay. Get work clothes on, pick up lunch my dad has made me (I know, I'm spoilt!), leave home at 7.45. Get to work at about 8.15. Home from work about 5.30. Quick cup of tea, get old clothes on. Finish off stable, ride (only ride one horse), feed horses. Go in for my own feed about 7pm. Back down garden about 8pm to bring horses in and give them hay.
Luckily my horses are at home, and I work flexi so if it goes t*ts up (as it can with horses!) it isn't too bad.

Nickymac

Visit site
Up at 5.15 to get to yard and be on horse no 1 at 6.15/6.30 - assuming that one of the lazy beggars is up and hanging over the door, begging me to take hi, out and work him! Onto horse no 2 at 7.30, off by 8.30, leave yard by 8.45. Home by 9.20, shower, change, dry hair in car on way to work, there by 10. Work till 6.30/7.00 home to clean/iron/watch rubbish tv/ring friends, then in bed by 9.30/10.00. Summer is ok but I have a problem with getting up in the dark - it's just wrong!

Chumsmum

Visit site
get up at 5.30am to muck out, turn out and check little ones, back home for shower, at work for 9am (should be 8.45am
blush.gif
) finish around 5.30pm - ride if possible. I am paying now for groom to bring in so Chum comes in the same time as the others. I am asleep on the sofa by 10pm!

Bossanova

Visit site
Currently I get up at 8.45, have a leisurely cup of tea, sit in lectures from 9.30-11.30 and have the rest of the day free for horses *just to make you all jealous*

JACQSZOO

Visit site
This year will be great - I only have the one now so he has gone on part livery. No more early mornings before work for me woohooo. Up at 7am get son ready for school, walk dogs, do some housework, at work for 9am, Finish work at 3pm collect son from school, walk dogs, cook tea, at yard for approx 6pm home anytime after 8pm.

sammys ma

Visit site
I have mine turned out for me in the mornings as rush hour traffic would take me over an hour just travelling there!, so up at 7.30, in office for 8.30.

Unfortunately my job requires me to do a fair bit of overtime, which isn't pre scheduled, so even though i'm meant to finish at 5.30 , I often don't leave til 8pm!

It takes half an hour to get to yard if the traffics good in the eve, and if i have time will ride, otherwise groom/feed /muck out....so never home before 7.30 pm and usually after 9pm!

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You certainly have..........
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I served my time for the year over the summer doing long hard work, and I only have 8 months of student life left before I start adult working life....
crazy.gif

Nic

Visit site
6 am - up do ponies
7.10ish- 7.30 desmellify
8.20 leave for work

5.45 get home 6 pm ride, finish boys in about 7.15.
Dinner tv bed
smirk.gif

MarthaRodman1

www.photobucket.com
Well I'm so glad that I'm not the only one getting up at some go unearthly hour! I get up at 6.15 if just one of them to do, or if a day where I'm doing two (as share another horse) then 5.45am (like this am!), shower, hair wash etc. Bag packed from the night before with work gear in, at yard by 6.15 or 6.45, muck out, turn out, get changed in the car park at yard into work gear, leave yard at 7.45hrs, put make up on while sitting in traffic (he he) at work by 8ish. Leave at 4ish, at yard by 4.15hrs, ride groom etc, home by 6ish - aah bliss! And I'm sad and am usually in bed by 9pm!!!! Mx

BBs

Visit site
In the summer get up around 7:30 have breakfast, dressed and then shoot to the yard to check ponios - leave for work around 8:50 arrive at work at 8:55 lol

In the winter I get to the yard around 7:15, ride Winston, then turn winston, bertie and rockie out - muck out leave beds up and get changed and spray some perfume around me lol arrive at work around 8:59 - finish work at 5 get to yard around 5:05 and put beds down, hay and feed - bring ponies in groom, rug, feed and leave around 6:30
smile.gif

All down to a fine art! so much easier now I have my own place.

However hoping for a few more ponies to pay for my ever increasing number
smirk.gif

Nickymac

Visit site
I've served my time in adult working life and will be working 3 days a week from March to give me more quality pony time! (I hated college so I'm not jealous about that, it was just the mention of getting up at 7:45 and having a leisurely cup of tea that brought out the green-eyed monster in me!)
wink.gif

Tia

Visit site
I'm older and wiser now......so I get up at 7am 7 days a week. Have coffee with husband and chat about the day ahead. Weekdays, daughter gets taken to school at 8am.

I feed 23 horses at 9am. Turnout and muck out any who are stabled. I'm done by about 9.30am. During the day I can do whatever pleases me - sometimes we are building field shelters, taking out trail rides, making or delivering hay or fencing or riding and training - or like today it is raining so I am on here for the moment
grin.gif

My afternoons start at about 3pm. Horses are all fed again. Child is collected from school. Often ride about 4.30pm. Horses who are stabled overnight are brought in at about 5.30pm. Livery owners start to turn up at about 6pm and generally are here till about 8pm. Once I have brought stabled horses in for the night, my time with the horses is over for the day.

Dinner is then next on the agenda, although we are not rigid with this as it really depends on what we are doing. After dinner it is relaxing time and bed time is generally around midnight.

Salcey

Visit site
Isn't it reassuring to think there are other people out there in the dark at the same time as you!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Used to do ours at 6 as thats when the others in the yard were done. Now ours get done at 7 30am. I download all the emails at 6 whilst on here, then go do the horses at 7 30 to be back to start work at 9. Horses get bought in at 3.30pm as I start my 'other' job at 4pm till 8pm then go up and finish off and hay.
Great fun isn't it

BenjaminBunny

Visit site
I'm usually up at 6am, to the yard muck out (and now turn out - as horse no longer on complete box rest) leave the yard at 7.30am (after changing into work clothes) - straight to work

i work from 8.45am to 4.45pm - then straight to the yard

used to have to muck out a second time (but horse is now out during the day in small paddock - only been for the last week) now just bring in, ride weather and school availability permitting (gently as bringing back into work) then home for about 7-8pm

but as my horse has been on box rest for 4 months i've been doing this along time and now it's winter
frown.gif

i have noisy neighbours so i try to stay out as long as poss

PinkFairy

Visit site
up at 6am to work at the yard by 7am til half 8 for a breakfast break, in those hours we muck out, groom, hay and water horses, have our own breakfast then about 9am til half past 12 we do stable chores, lunch is from half 12 til 2 then more stable chores til 4 when we hay water groom and muck out again. sweep the yard, tidy muckheap, rug horses, feed horses, and then home by 6pm! That is my weekend routine anyway.

Halfstep

Visit site
Up at 5.45, to yard, muck out, do hay, put horsie in field. In work for 7.30 ish. Out of work around 3.30 (although still here today!), at yard by 4-ish to ride, soak hay, feed and put to bed (and gossip....). Then home to make dinner for hubby who usually gets home at 8. To bed early, then it all goes round again! Don't like the dark, but seeing the dawn come in is nice.

x

Lill

Visit site
Am quite jealous of all you people who get home at like 6 or 7pm!! But then i guess i do not get up early! Although i will have to for a week soon (when the person who does mine in the mornings goes on holiday!) and still be there in the eves going to be knackered!
confused.gif

loopeepee

Visit site
Im lucky as at the moment I have no horse to do. However Im up at 6.20am, left house by 7am for work at 8. Leave work at 4pm, hrs drive home get changed, water dog, 20min drive to next job for 5.45pm. Depending on how many people are having dinner will depend on when I leave, sometime 10 sometimes 11, sometimes (last night) 11.15 . . . *yawn!*

But horses change that completely.
Sister up at 6.45am, b'fast and gets ready for school with trousers instead of her kilt, and an old jumper (changes in car after pony). Leave at 7.30 with mum. Drive to yard, (pony already fed) put pony on walker, muckout etc. Leaves for school at 7.55, school by 8.10. Thank god for babywipes!
Then again pony in evening, but no rush this time!

bellaboo

Visit site
Get up around 6am, turn out, muck out, sometimes exercise if husband is starting work late, back home by 7.30 to get kids to school. Look after 10 month old little monkey all day, back down stables at about 6.30pm, exercise if haven't in morning, put to bed, home by 8ish usually!

druid

Visit site
The advantages of horses kept out 24/7...

With 9am lectures (3 days a week) -
Get up at 6.30am, dress etc., sort chickens into correct runs, vaguely assess over fence by torch all horses standing and/or breathing, leave house and get to college for 8.55am. Get home by 7pm at the latest and 3pm at the earliest. Grab buckets, mix feeds, sort poneis into pens for feeding, check Spark's & Max's rugs - done by 7.15pm. (Brother does Bob and all hay!)..So horses take me maybe 30mins a day of not ridden
smile.gif

For non 9am starts all that changes is I get up at about 8.30am instead!

Only ride on Mon (No uni) & Fri (finish at 11am!) during the week

equibabe20

Visit site
Im up at 7, at work by 7.30, my friend turns my boy out, work till 4.30 3 days then 1 the other 3 so im at yard by 5pm at the latest! normally home by 7pm after riding mucking out etc..

teapot

Visit site
And this is why I'm glad I don't have a horse of my own

Normally up around 7ish for days I've got lectures in the morning.

Then up at 8 on a saturday for work which is either 10-4 or half 11-half5. Although hours will go up to 10-6 or half 9-half 5 in the run up to Christmas

When I worked on the yard - was there for 8 (so left home at 7.30) and finished about 5.45ish if we were lucky

Skhosu

Visit site
up at 7.30! Chuck pony's out ( sister feeds at 6 as her school is further away!) . Go to school. Back by 4, muck around until around 5, then muck out, afternoon feed. in for tea. back out, ride, evening feed and me into bed
And I think I'm late if I'm not in bed at half ten!
(old granny me!)
laugh.gif