So far I have
Long dark brown boots
Black helmet
Beige jods
Black gloves
Black English tack
A black saddle cut numnah
And a cob to ride
Should I use a tweed jacket (I want to be able to show in native classes too)? What about the numnah? I will buy a hair net obviously, but I’m uncertain on stocks and shirts as it’s our first ridden comp and the other show we did was very causal by comparison

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Generally most people wear a stock for dressage, but with a tweed jacket you would be fine with a tie too. Again, generally white gloves for dressage, but any gloves are fine usually.

All sounds fine to me. Are you showing on the same day as the dressage class?

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
I did Intros in an inexpensive Shires dressage shirt and self-tied stock, and a cheap tie pin which is pretty rubbish. Have also worn an ordinary white shirt and tie. Always black gloves. Good luck, hope you and cob have a super time and enjoy yourselves :).

Otherwise

Visit site
Most people will be in blue or black jackets with a stock but tweed will be more versatile if you want to show. Black saddle cut numnah is fine, some will have a white square but I think on short-backed horses a white square drowns them and makes them look even shorter and a fitted numnah looks smarter. Only downside is you have to use bridle numbers whereas I personally prefer putting the numbers on the saddlepad.

Shay

Visit site
Black gloves only hide unsteady hands on a dark horse! If you have a light coloured horse wear light coloured gloves!

my_sweet_cob

New User
Visit site
I would avoid buying stuff, if possible unless you would like to go regularly. Can you borrow a jacket?
I ant to do it a lot and I quite like the look of tweed anyhow so I’ll wear it a lot regardless 😂 I’d rather bye my own stuff as it’s more comfortable and if I wreak it I won’t have to feel bad! 😂

my_sweet_cob

New User
Visit site
Black gloves only hide unsteady hands on a dark horse! If you have a light coloured horse wear light coloured gloves!
I’ll Be wearing dark colours as well as black tack, although my horse is buckskin / dun and white so I don’t know 😂

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
I went to my first unaff dressage comp recently and did intro. I wore a jacket, stock, stock pin, white jods, hair net, black hat, black tack, white numnah and most importantly which I had to panic order st the last minute...bridle numbers!! I had one on each side of the bridle so that the writer can see the number on both reins.

Littlebear

Visit site
I went to my first unaff dressage comp recently and did intro. I wore a jacket, stock, stock pin, white jods, hair net, black hat, black tack, white numnah and most importantly which I had to panic order st the last minute...bridle numbers!! I had one on each side of the bridle so that the writer can see the number on both reins.

This is a bd rule now to wear one both sides, so if the show is being judged under bd rules make sure you have 2!

eggs

Visit site
Have to agree with mp - if you hands are unsteady this will show in your horse so the judge will spot it. Just wear whatever gloves you are most comfortable riding in.