What type is my horse for showing?

cblover

Visit site
Teddy seems finer now somehow than he did as a two yr old. He's certainly taller and a slimmer model it would appear! lol He's all legs.....can't wait to see how he matures. I could be waiting a while.

Lolo

Visit site
The Humdinger is a Maxi Cob and lovely as your horse is I am afraid he is no Maxi Cob.

The Humdinger is a LW cob- what we looked at when trying to decide if SuperCob was up to posh showing (he's not fat or big enough it turns out... He's a full up 155cm, yet was dwarfed in his class!).

Is Robocob a maxi?

I recon, when he's done growing, your chap will look right at home in a HW/ maxi cob class- he's got that apple bottom/ pretty head thing going on :D

FlaxenPony05

Visit site
Aww, he's so lovely. OP, if you don't feel comfortable hogging him, don't. He's your horse and you, first and foremost, should decide what to do with his hairy bits! (Oh how wrong that sounds :D)
I just think he'd look lovely hogged and de feathered... ;)

Athena055

Visit site
I think you should do what you want to do! But if you keep him hairy do coloured classes or if you decide to hog I would do show cob sort of classes and also or coloured classes!

He's loooovely btw, I want!!

cblover

Visit site
I want to pull and thin his mane but not hog it, clip his feathers off but leave his whiskers, trim his beard but not his tash......don't suppose there will be a class for that kind of get up is there?! Lol good job I've got a sense of humour !

cblover

Visit site
Thanks lolo for the pretty head comment! I'm not sure if he'll ever grow into it tho! It's the size of a toddler. Lol

**Vanner**

Visit site
The Humdinger is a LW cob- what we looked at when trying to decide if SuperCob was up to posh showing (he's not fat or big enough it turns out... He's a full up 155cm, yet was dwarfed in his class!).

Is Robocob a maxi?

I recon, when he's done growing, your chap will look right at home in a HW/ maxi cob class- he's got that apple bottom/ pretty head thing going on :D

I thought robocob was also a standard HW cob , not a maxi.

I think he would make a maxi cob too - but you will have to be brave when the time comes. Or leave him au natrel and do part bred heavy horse but there aren't so many classes for these.

NU ABO

Visit site
I can't give you any help with showing (I'm terrible at it, even though we do still go for a bit of fun)

Just wanted to say your boy is absolutely stunning. I'm a sucker for a lovely looking cob-type anyway and yours is especially lovely.

I would clip his feathers off. If you want to keep the mane then I would keep it, but keep it trimmed and tidy. I get the same fears about hogging with my boy and even though he's missing a section of mane, I still can't bring myself to hog him :p

cblover

Visit site
Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I've got a huge amount of emotion wrapped up in this horse. He's been with me since he was 5 wk old (with his mam of course) and he's been through a lot. I feel privileged to own him and very protective over him.

I'd happily chop his feathers off but I'll get a bit wobbly if his mane had to come off. We're a bit off that yet as he's only 2 still. I'll be getting the solo comb out though and having a tidy up. lol

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Until you get the hair off, it is sometimes difficult to tell what is underneath!

It will always grow back again if you don't like it :)

btw - The Humdinger is 154.5cm and Robocob was 155cm