what was....

4whitesocks

Visit site
Hmmm for MY birthday last Sunday Sid got....schooling whip, brushing boots (fronts & hinds) and a heritage comfort bridle.....

before that the last thing I bought was......em.....an acre of good Kildare land to keep the little sod on!!

Tempi

Visit site
i like those heritage comfort bridles
smile.gif

kerrylou123

Visit site
the last thing i bought my mare was a new light bulb, and starter motor for her stable if that counts! And the last thing i bought my gelding was a heavy weight turnout rug from your horse live on sunday!

SSM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Cherry chaff had no effect whatsoever on Corroy. (She did like it though!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Bummer!!!!!!! I am running out of food to try and fizz her up with - she's on oats, oil, speedibeet and carrots - and last night actually grunted as she heaved herself over a foot high cross pole
smirk.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
smirk.gif
confused.gif

Madam_max

Visit site
grin.gif
. You do make me laugh. Have you tried Tiger Oats? Corroy is quite lazy, but she is easy to wind up and there's a very fine line, as a few people have found out.

I wish I was nearer, I love to meet her.

Does she not even wake up if you do loads of direct transitions with her?

SSM

Visit site
The only transition she likes is into halt
frown.gif

Instructor has to use code words for downward transitions as she just goes straight into them - never seems to work on the upwards!!

You would love her - she is very loveable - but it's in the breed as you know!!!!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

SSM

Visit site
She has only done one summer hunt ride with me and yes she did go up a gear - found her buck, tug, charge and mini rear gears - it was brilliant
smile.gif

Once clipped I am going to overcome her loading issue and then yes will be out hunting - or maybe grunting in her case - she is just happy to stand and watch the world revolve around her!!!!!!! Donkey by name and donkey by nature (her favorite food is thistles and I am not kidding!!!!!)

SSM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Goodie - cos I want to come with you
grin.gif

Have a plan with regard to loading.... we'll just rev up a big white van behind her and watch her load herself!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have just coated my desk in orange squash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you know I think it might just work - visions like a wacky races cartoon!!!!!!!!

New job going well I see!!............
wink.gif

SSM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I am actually REALLY busy! I just find popping on here in the day a hard habit to break!
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, won't interupt you again!!!!!!!!!!!
grin.gif

4whitesocks

Visit site
Me too - only it's not the prettiest thing for his little pony head! He went really well in it first time out (on Tuesday) haven't ridden since so the weekend will be a better test....

Happytohack

Visit site
A new bridle - after searching all over the place for a XF, bridle with padded cavesson noseband without a flash, I finally found one in local tack shop and it cost under £25!

Gingernags

Visit site
Have you tried barley instead of oats?

I know what you mean, one of the kids was PC eventing Asti and we tried to get her really popping out of her skin for the jumping and cross country - she jumps well enough and isn't slow but she was just so laid back - we tried her on loads of things including instant energy type competition mix and nada - no change, not a bit!!!

Saying that, I remember years ago we all bought "quiet mix" for our nice ploddy hacks and they all went mental on it!

SSM

Visit site
Okay, how do I feed barley? (I will try anything) - only remember it soaked and boiled and smelling really nice - does'nt barley make legs fill - dragging my memory back to bygone years

filly190

Visit site
Another new rug, my yealing shredded her first turn out rug in a matter of days. New one seems to be ok, touch wood

Gingernags

Visit site
Aaaaah. Snag, I can't remember... I'm sure you can just buy it as flaked barley (looks like cornflakes) and feed as you would oats... not sure about the filling legs though... its a long, long time since I've fed it, its was Asti's mum that had some to fatten her up - she was already a nutter so it couldn't possibly have made her worse!