What would you class this arrangement as?

WeeBrown

Visit site
How would you describe this arrangement:
A horse owned by someone else is exercised by you twice/three times a week (these days to include a lesson on said horse to be paid for by you). No money being exchanged between owner and yourself and no yard duties required - just bring horse in, groom and saddle up on your days to ride then re-rug and put back out in
the field. The days you can have will be decided by owner on a fortnightly basis to fit in with what they need but the lesson day will remain the same every week.
This isn't part loaned is it?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
No, not part loaned - If it's a nice horse I'd describe that as Jammy!!
wink.gif

wendyII

Visit site
yeah Jammy..... sounds like a good deal IF you think you would benefit from having lesson with said instructor......

WeeBrown

Visit site
The instructor is the one they have already been having lessons with on another horse, they chose instructor themselves - I own the horse in the above scenario
smile.gif

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The instructor is the one they have already been having lessons with on another horse, they chose instructor themselves - I own the horse in the above scenario
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

well, in that case I'd call it generous. Hope your rider appreciates it
smile.gif

WeeBrown

Visit site
Thanks for replies - was hoping that people would think it wasn't part-loaned. I'll say it's 'shared' then.
I don't want to loan him as I use him for the odd competition and to hack, also need him occasionally last minute if my mare is not well for an event (she can throw a sickie if the event appears too taxing!) so I need the flexibility. I don't mind the girl helping out a bit to get a bit of yard experience whilst I'm around but don't want anyone taking too much control as I need neither help nor money and just want him exercised - do I seem a bit of a user though?
I did mention this from the beginning - a mere two days ago - but they are now asking if they can part loan him and how much money do they need to pay.
crazy.gif
Hopefully they have just got the wrong end of the stick!

LCobby

Visit site
I would not even call it shared, as sharer usually pay or do stable duties ( work in return for riding')
I;d call it "free riding in return for exercising on days agreed to suit owner."

Gleeful Imp

Visit site
I agree its neither loan or share but just a riding arrangement. If you don't want a loan arrangement don't feel guilty as he's your horse! I've had the same arrangement in the past and whilst I was happy for someone to help me out in the riding I wasn't prepared to give up part of my horse.

Hopefully they'll realise what a good deal they've got!

WeeBrown

Visit site
Thanks - didn't want to appear a cowbag but really don't want anything formal. I've only had him since about June so it's not as though I'm wanting to give him away already. I bought him as my mare is a tricky ride and I wanted something to chill out on a few times a week but he was a fatty when I bought him and I need to keep up his exercise. Hopefully they'll still like this arrangement; my OH rides too when he's not working loads so I don't want to be left with no horse either
smile.gif