What would you do?

How many do you smoke per day? (approx.)

• Total voters

hellyt1

Visit site
Ooooh Ooooh Ooooh, sorry if it's really mean, but following on from all the scales posts, get the scales and set them to read 50lbs heavier than they should, then they are going to be over for sure, problem solved
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Tia

Visit site
Thank you everyone for your help here - although I really do wish those who had said yes could have told me their thoughts
frown.gif

Anyway I have just returned for the lunchtime ride and although the trails were perfectly passable for us lighties and our small horses, I do think that they would definitely be slippery for the big horses with 18 stone beginner riders.

The lady called whilst I was out and I have to call her back. She wants to come and has said she is able to come any day as she doesn't work. My plan was to say to her that I had to wait for the trails to dry up, however that won't cut it as she will know that they HAVE to dry up sometime!

I was thinking about it on the ride and I honestly don't think I could ask them to stand on the scales. The only thing I could possibly say would be that the 2 horses I was going to use, are lame......once again she will know that they have to come sound at some point and I would feel dreadful lying like this.

Damn, I really wish I had been the one to answer the phone in the first instance - I can't see a way out of this pickle and I think I am going to have to take them
frown.gif
, but then I wouldn't take them again.

Do you think she might have lost some weight since the last time I saw her?
crazy.gif

parsley

Visit site
I would introduce a new policy of weighing riders to ensure they are matched to the right horse (for this time only). Then if they are overweight you will know. Tell them when you rebook them so they have a chance to back out if they know that they will be embarresed by being found out.

Tia

Visit site
I have also taken the odd dork out on the rides, but not 18 stone beginner know-it-all riders. I have a cool habit of shutting off to people I am not keen on - I still smile but continue on my way without too much chatter.

I am not sure whether I would have an issue with taking these people out if I liked them....I know that I did have a bit of thinking to do on one other ride where the rider stated he weighed 240lbs, but his accompanying party were all lightweights so he was being given big Spotty Horse....however this chap turned out to be 6'4" and looked totally in proportion and Spots was fine.

I do this trail riding because I enjoy it and I do actually care for my horses a lot, which is why they never go out more than one ride per day. They are still my horses, not some zombies and I don't like them to feel uncomfortable.

Anyway the tail end of this story is that she has just called husband back again and is booked in for Monday morning - I have resigned myself to do this ride now (blooming kicking myself though!) but no way is she joining the HorseShare. Anyone who says they want to go for a good gallop! isn't taking my horse out into the wilderness alone!