What's happened to shiteventers?

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Thank you for sharing that OBAC, there are some lovely and stunning pictures there- have you seen the video of the horses crossing a 'rope' bridge (Peru I think) it is amazing!
I have to limit how much I look at the group because along with not riding due to being pregnant it makes me green with envy ?

RHM

Visit site
Oh I still love it! When it first came about I was on a vile yard with horrible people and this group gave me faith in the horsey community again!

tatty_v

Visit site
I really liked it at first, my favourite was a dressage one - at first I looked at the picture of this beautiful black horse with a caption along the lines of “see how the horse and rider are in perfect harmony...”. I thought “this shouldn’t be on shiteventers”, then I read on and it said “unfortunately I’m not riding the black horse”, looked again at the picture and died laughing at the chestnut in the background having a drama llama moment ?

I agree the content seems to have moved away from those genuine “oops” moments that we all have from time to time to some pretty rubbish riding though and some horses that I would be worried about in terms of health. There are still some really good ones on there though, just a bit few and far between.

DressageCob

Visit site
I liked the group at first, but now I don't enjoy it. I'm not into insulting the horses. I know, they can't understand so what's the harm? But I can't get into it. It's an honour to ride my horses. They are sometimes called silly boys, or told they are acting like doorknobs but they don't deserve anything worse than that. My coloured is certainly not a "patchy***t".

I also hate all the incontinence references. All the middle aged women claiming they have no control over their bladders. It's embarrassing.

I joined the dressage one. So far I'm not too interested because it's all the ride what you can afford and you see bloody nice riders buying youngsters who unsurprisingly make it to a decent level. Or the "transformation" posts where a horse was gangly and fluffy but has been clipped and has matured. It's the same stuff you get in all the other horse groups, like Chit Chat & Tack etc.

I signed up for the bloopers, the well planned days gone wrong, oops moments etc.

Patterdale

Visit site
I loved it for a few weeks when it first started up. It was lighthearted, funny and made those mishaps and cock-ups seem a normal part of riding. Which of course they are. So I found it really helpful in managing both anxiety and overly high expectations/frustration when things dont go to plan.

But very quickly it developed a language and tone that I loathe. .

I was on it for a good year when there were hardly any members, and it was hilarious and nicely warm hearted in good measures.
Then for some reason it exploded almost overnight, and the tone did change. It’s all too exaggerated and try-hard.

BUT this is not the admins fault, and I feel sorry for them trying to moderate it. No community with eleventy billion members could keep the same nice community feel as before.

Visit site
I just took to calling out all of the obviously fake and set up pics/vids on SEU. Most of it now is made up specifically for that and people go out of their way to do it.

Ceifer

Visit site
I just took to calling out all of the obviously fake and set up pics/vids on SEU. Most of it now is made up specifically for that and people go out of their way to do it.
Haha well done. I’ll have to have a look for the comments. I usually don’t bother reading as it’s just people tagging each other

Cheval Gal

Visit site
I was a member of SEU in the early days when there were less than 1000 members. The group seemed to suddenly 'explode' and grew exponentially very, very quickly indeed. It really changed. It had a real feeling of one-upmanship about it somehow. There were a lot of posts that seemed to be showcasing how brilliant people were, rather than the more basic earthiness I had got used to seeing in the group.

Then there was all the stuff about official merchandise.

I just got a bit fed up to be honest.

This post hasn't surprised me :(