What's happened to shiteventers?

rowan666

Visit site
On the shitparent page it said that it was to do with money being raised for charity and the admin had received a lot of abuse over it. I loved SEU page but I must admit I was getting tired of people posting pics of themselves impresively clearing 6ft hedges with a straight face claiming to be shite just for compliments

HBB

Visit site
I was on both and left both as just non-stop posts even with Notifications muted. Nothing interesting in either tbh.

I left for those reasons too, I was sick of my newsfeed being constantly spammed with boring posts of randoms trying too hard faking posts.

The dressage one is just weird, most posts are self promoting “look at how marvellous I have done” ?

LeneHorse

Visit site
I hadn't actually noticed it had disappeared until I read this thread. I don't know if it's a coincidence but I have suddenly started seeing stuff from a site called 'bunnies are a**eholes'! No idea why I would be getting this as I don't have any rabbits and don't search for them. Maybe something to to with it being easter??

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
personally i don't think it's that at all, i think someone started with a post about you don't have to have a megabucks horse to do dressage, which is true, but when you're the one on the fluffy pony it doesn't always feel that way, so it's a valid thing to say.
and predictably everyone wanted to join in. It happens everywhere.
before that started it was mainly videos of horses freestyling when they shouldn't be. expect it will go back to that now those who want to have done the ride what you can afford thing.

muddybay

Visit site
As far as I can see Shitdressage hasn't got that much sh** on it...it's mostly been people telling us about their really cheap or throwaway rescue horses doing really well. I've been enjoying reading their success stories.
Yeah I've joined it thinking I could post a video of my shite dressage but was a bit disappointed to find it's good success stories! Definitely nice to read but not what I thought it would be

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Yeah I've joined it thinking I could post a video of my shite dressage but was a bit disappointed to find it's good success stories! Definitely nice to read but not what I thought it would be

There was a fair amount of shite before the success stories took over. You're still free to post shite and I'm sure it will pick up again...especially as more outings/comps/schoolings are available ?

sherry90

Visit site
I’m not sure you can copyright the word ‘sh*te’ but the eventers group seemed in a huff. The dressage one was just more focussed on dressage as generally the eventers one is jumping which not everyone does - live and let live I say! It’s lighthearted!

Ceifer

Visit site
I’m glad some other people don’t find all of the SEU posts funny.
I started off liking loads of them and they certainly made me feel better about my riding. However of late, some of the posts seem staged, not that funny or dangerous in a way that could have been avoided. We all know the sport is dangerous and these things happen but some of the things people do are unnecessary.
I saw one video of a girl come around to a related distance combination. First fence was probably a foot high the second fence looked about 1.10m. She didn’t look in control or balance on the approach. And low and behold she hit the deck, yanking the horse in the process.

doodle

Visit site
It didn’t seem to disappear for me and I didn’t see any discussion on it. However I have just removed it. I also found it amusing to start (after adding after a discussion on yard) with but quickly turned to horror at some of the situations. I’m not sure being “shite” should be celebrated so much.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I loved it for a few weeks when it first started up. It was lighthearted, funny and made those mishaps and cock-ups seem a normal part of riding. Which of course they are. So I found it really helpful in managing both anxiety and overly high expectations/frustration when things dont go to plan.

But very quickly it developed a language and tone that I loathe. The posters seemed to want to develop ever more elaborate ways of describing their horses in offensive ways and followers find the insults funny. Just today on Eventing UK a straightforward bit recommendation post was for some reason peppered with Cxxt txxt nonsense and there are multiple haha I feel like we are on SEU lol comments.

Which is exactly the point. Its an SEU-type post because the poster was describing her horse in offensive ways, not because of the content.

I'm sure a lot of insults are meant affectionately but it normalizes that kind of attitude so I think plenty of people who might previously have wondered about the causes of unwanted behaviour now just dismiss it as their horse being a ....

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I quite like the occasional, genuinely funny, post on SEU. But most of it is dross. And a bit of light "patchy tw*tting" is amusing but people really don't know how to keep things funny. It does make you realise why being a Comedian is a job, not something everyone does!

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
I was on shite eventers but it seemed to be getting silly with the videos that were posted. I joined the dressage one and it's much more serene!!

I've just requested to join the dressage one.

The eventers one was getting too silly. And too many horses looking lame while doing being poop for my liking and also too many you can see have not actually had the preparation for what they are being asked.

Genuine fails seem to be a thing of the past.