What's IN for this season for eventing????

kick_On

Visit site
sorry folks i'm bored............

Last season it was everything covered in sheepskin fluff..............

Haven't picked up any treads YET, but was very taken with ElleSJ 'trot up' outfit
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
, but haven't got her legs

Come on folks who's the fashion gurus???????

Chloe_GHE

Visit site
Hhhhmmm not sure..... bit of a fashion outsider myself! bought what I thought was a gorgeous london tan jump saddle about 6 years ago, and now seem to notice at events that I'm the only one with an ORANGE saddle!!! ooops
smile.gif
ahahhha nevermind it does the job and I love it
smile.gif

I think the exracehorse is going to be the next big trend, everyone who's anyone will have one! makes me super cool already coz I have 2!!!
smile.gif

AutumnRose

Visit site
Hmmmmmm tricky one. As i haven't made it to a BE event yet this season i may be out of the fashion loop
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Maybe open fronted xc boots....quite a few people using them at Badders and the trends often start there and work their way down.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

kick_On

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe open fronted xc boots....quite a few people using them at Badders

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw that and thought folks had done, what I seem to manage to do. And forget to change boots
blush.gif
for last phase
grin.gif
grin.gif

But you could be right
grin.gif

kick_On

Visit site
you could............... so long as they are NOT thoses FLAPPING ones-arrrrrrrrrrrrrr
wink.gif

BUT........ NAR, colour coding has been in for years

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
defo the tread at badders, but haven't seen them at lower levels yet and IMO that's where most of the fashion victims are
wink.gif
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

*sniggers*

My horse has her wildly unfashionable everyday plain cavesson bridle in black with a single-jointed loose ring snaffle, her old-fashioned hunting breastplate in havana, her GP saddle in a sort of mid-brown and PE air-cooled boots from four seasons ago. Her rider has Charles & Owen junior jockey skull - with it's orginal black "silk", a hacking jacket made for my aunt 50 years ago for SJ, any old long sleeved shirt for XC with a very unfancy BP . . . . and an air jacket.

She'll be doing Intros this year! Somehow I think we avoid the fashion victim label.
grin.gif

jumptoit

Visit site
Bridles with padded headpiecs or have I just failed to notice them previously I would say at least 1 in 3 were wearing them in the Intro at Richmond on the Saturday.

kerilli

Visit site
jemima_too, with the credit crunch biting, i think it's going to be all about vintage this year, darling. stuff you've had for years is just soooooo cool.
i'll join you in the "too cool to need to buy new stuff" corner, please! pikeur breeches (20 years old and counting), tweed jacket pretty ancient, etc etc.
new stuff for this year: Exo for me, flipping Jimmy Choos (Imprint shoes) for Katy.

kick_On

Visit site
You're going for 'shabbly chique'
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
- which i like alot

but AIR jacket????????????? could push you from 'simple classic style' into a trend setter
laugh.gif

Chloe_GHE

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
flipping Jimmy Choos (Imprint shoes) for Katy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you might have nailed it! I can see coloured and patterned imprint shoes for horses, maybe with the riders name on like you see on some lorries!
smile.gif

Do they come in other colours?... If all HHOers club together for the next set can we persuade you to get Katy leopard print ones next time?...
smile.gif

kerilli

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
flipping Jimmy Choos (Imprint shoes) for Katy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you might have nailed it! I can see coloured and patterned imprint shoes for horses, maybe with the riders name on like you see on some lorries!
smile.gif

Do they come in other colours?... If all HHOers club together for the next set can we persuade you to get Katy leopard print ones next time?...
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha oh god, as if they don't cost enough already! (but "what price a sound horse", as i keep telling myself.")
the glue on the first set was white and i used silver duck-tape on them to stop sand getting in, she looked like a spaceman! have darker glue this time, but might need to wrap her feet in black duct tape at events, and hope i don't get eliminated.
so, shiny black 'patent-look' hooves for my girl. nice. at least they're not pink. i draw the line at leopard-print, she goes fast enough as it is, if she glanced down and saw them we might break the sound barrier.

jules89

Visit site
oh my GOD I cuold get a purple one and a blue one and increase the intensity of my already over the top XC colours!

connie1288

Visit site
I can go with the silly expensive shoes for horses, bar shoes and pads!!
And i think i may be victim of the padded bridle!
Chloe, my saddle is orangy!
as for old/not v much kit, i can go for not v much kit but unfortunately not old!! Saddles, breastplate, girths and bridles are all shared, i have one lot of kit for all horses.
Oh and the website, yup guilty.
Are we not all meant to be having our sponsers, in me dreams i had any, names on our breeches/shirt sleeves, like Piggy.

kerilli

Visit site
haha, i could have red and blue go-faster stripes on her hooves, to match my xc colours. brilliant.
my next trot up outfit is going to be a work of art, i can tell. Bettina in Chanel will have nothing on me...
just need to practise running in stilettoes...