What's IN for this season for eventing????

only_me

Visit site
Is it sad that i really want a sue carson bridle?
tongue.gif

There are 2 fashion vitims here - 2 girls, have matching bay horses, Baby blue and baby pink xc shirts, with baby blue and pink backprotectors, and matching silks, and their horses also have matching baby blue fly veils (with baby pink trim
crazy.gif
)

They are also in the same class always
crazy.gif
tongue.gif

This season, i think the IN thing is to have your trainer warming you up for all 3 phases, and also another IN thing is that you MUST have a HS1 to event
tongue.gif
thats one IN thing i like
cool.gif

shady_lady

amyye.blogspot.com
yes the hs1 are a must! went shopping with my sister for my 1 yr old neice's first hat... couldn't convince her to get a HS1
grin.gif
also it was 1 size to big!!
smile.gif

jules89

Visit site
or having the bottom of your champion hat strip and logo just sticking out underneath your silk
blush.gif
I do that
blush.gif

MegaBeast

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
or having the bottom of your champion hat strip and logo just sticking out underneath your silk
blush.gif
I do that
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

*hold hand up* guilty
blush.gif

jules89

Visit site
yeah I tape mine, well I did last season, but seem to have got out of that habit, strange...

I hate to see the peak too (hate my SJ hat with a fixed peak, I make stupid faces because I am always trying to look up!) but then when running late in the day I can never see!

ajf

Visit site
I think you have to have a large possy of people to help (ie one horse, one rider, 3 grooms, 7 people watching, 2 more for dressage help, 3 for showjumping and then 5 for xc!
tongue.gif
ok so maybe a little exaggerated there
wink.gif
Oh and also the rider does nothing to the horse obviously
grin.gif

tigers_eye

Visit site
I have blue tack holding my silk on, stuck there by HollyJane two years ago......

Have to say at Minderhout I copied WFP's Badminton idea of show0jumping the horse with no boots at all on!

Have stuck with the rather dressagey big plaits idea for the last 5 years, much better than faffing around doing 20 tiny ones, usually do between 7 and 9.......

glamourpuss

Visit site
Well the 5 point breastplate looks like its a trend which is staying another year.

I've noticed the number of grackle nosebands is on the rise.
Bridles with padded headpieces (I'm guilty of this)
Showjumping it seems to be de rigeour to have a plain thin quilted saddle cloth with a sheepsking half pad on the top
sprenger stirrups (again another one I'm guilty off)

Thunderbirds R Gone

Visit site
I agree with the stud guards - loads of people have them.

Also, I've noticed quite a lot more people at intro level with their 'trainer' warming them up for the dressage ...

kick_On

Visit site
I think having an entourage will always be fashionable, best one i've seen this season so far, is owners/friends being wined and dined before watching their baby horses being competed at intro level
cool.gif

jumptoit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
blush.gif
I do that
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

*hold hand up* guilty
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

guilty!
blush.gif

Don't think mine fits any other way though!

jumptoit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the stud guards - loads of people have them.

Also, I've noticed quite a lot more people at intro level with their 'trainer' warming them up for the dressage ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone thinks I do this but my dad just stands there for me to canter in endless circles around - so my horse think it's on the lunge! He hasn't got a clue what he's talking about! But he makes a useful gnome!
tongue.gif
grin.gif

jumptoit

Visit site
I am also guilty of padded bridles and saving up for a sheepskin half pad to use with my white saddle cloth
blush.gif
Really want those star quarter markers - I've had mine for years but I'm useless at putting them on!

Semi guilty of having entourage - I have

- dad (for useful things - very good at studding up!)

- brother (trained as personal photographer
cool.gif
)

- dog (it gets excited when the lorry starts so insists on coming!)

- mum (likes to watch - good for getting numbers etc.)

- little friend (wants to do BE next year so enjoys coming along to get an idea of what it will be like and her family come too)

I think more people are doing the white thin saddlecloth for all three phases and ditching the XC colour coordinating ones, less hassle to change them but they do it at Badminton etc. too. They are hell to wash though mines black with polish and brown with mud up until half way up after the other day - brand new too! Although I've been doing this a while because I can't be bothered changing bits, nosebands, martingales and saddlecloths.

connie1288

Visit site
Vanish does a powder for whites, with out fail it works, I did have to leave one lot soaking in a massive tub on the yard once, who would ever insist on using different saddlecloths for dressage and jumping and on every horse when it is pouring with rain and everything is getting covered in mud, Someone who has someone else to do their washing :p

jumptoit

Visit site
kick_On lol! Mine are in the sink with Vanish been there since sat night - I wish I hadn't polished my boots! Think they'll be clean enough to put in the washing machine soon!

kick_On

Visit site
pss............... that why for sj and xc i use coloured sheepkin half pads -
a - can't see dirt
grin.gif

b - sheepskin next to skin so it does a job
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

and
c - got a small horse and nummahs are always to big for him as numpty rider always buys WRONG SIZE
tongue.gif

jumptoit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
pss............... that why for sj and xc i use coloured sheepkin half pads -
a - can't see dirt
grin.gif

b - sheepskin next to skin so it does a job
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

and
c - got a small horse and nummahs are always to big for him as numpty rider always buys WRONG SIZE
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No I'm saving up for the half pad - will never go next to the skin it's the thickness of the saddlecloth I need rather than the sheepskin but I like them!!!!
grin.gif

Saddlecloths can never be to big hence why I gave up on numnahs never the same shape as my saddle!!!

Baileyhoss

Visit site
Hey I had a entourage at our last event which included yo & instructor etc
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

but I think I lost cool points when they ALL buggered off to the beer tent and left me to do everything MYSELF after the xc???

kerilli

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hey I had a entourage at our last event which included yo & instructor etc
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

but I think I lost cool points when they ALL buggered off to the beer tent and left me to do everything MYSELF after the xc???

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i can beat that - my two helpers, both apparently willing, and carefully instructed in what they needed to do and where they needed to be, didn't bother hanging around to wash off my poor hot horse after Steeplechase at a 3-day... i pulled up to see them wandering off towards the car, chatting away happily, totally oblivious! Grrr.

jumptoit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
jumptoit, you should never polish the insides of your long boots, durr!!!
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They looked clean though!
cool.gif
grin.gif

Don't do it often but had a few scratches, won't be doing it for a bit now though. They encourage me at PC camp too!