What's on your horsey bucket list

pistolpete

Visit site
Such a good thread!
Icelandics in Iceland is now added!
Bit of jumping again maybe not properly left the ground for years!
peobably unlikely but have my own PRE one day.
less likely. Try endurance.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Just be careful going riding Icelandics in Iceland, like many before you, you will end up buying one and then some more ?

I've done most of my bucket list. I would have fancied ranching in the USA but didn't.
Now my only real ambition is to stay sound enough to ride.

abbijay

Visit site
The list is long but some highlights include:
Learn how to "skip" (flying changes) - possible on a schoolmaster, highly unlikely on my own cart horses
Ride at HOYS
Go ranching in Wyoming - I only want to go to Wyoming because its statelines are straight and the geographer/ocd organiser in me finds this both perfect and terrifying all at the same time!
Have a house with land that means I can bring my old man back from retirement livery and see his beautiful face everyday again.
Finish and publish my book (it's about my old man)
And a more achievable one; teach the baby Clydesdale that the arena is a fun place and schooling in itself is fun.

Spot_On03

Visit site
I would love a house with land and take my horse to the beach. My other horsey goals/bucket list were to pass my towing test and get a trailer, which I thankfully managed to do after almost 15 years!

TPO

Visit site
Ditto @southerncomfort, I'd like to ride Chip on cattle. Just wish everything wasn't so far away!

To ride at the beach on my own horse. Every time I've been I ridden someone else's horse. Very grateful for the experience but not the same as being on my own.

On that note to get horse transport sorted for 2022 so that I can go places like the beach and cattle clinics!