What's the best or worst prize that you have won

mocha911

Visit site
just for fun. :)

What has been the best prize or worst prize that you have won and for what...
BE, SJ, dressage, and everything else....
have any of the prizes been really useful or just plan useless...

JustKickOn

Visit site
I won a chocolate bar for coming first in all my races (mounted games) a few years ago! That's as exciting as it gets!

Mavis007

Visit site
I won a walking stick that has a section that pulls out and is a horse measuring stick in an unaffiliated showjumping competition about 10yrs ago that I still use occasionally now!

Farma

Visit site
My worst was a paper weight the best was a premier equine rug embroidered with bd emblem I can't even put it on my horse incase it gets dirty!

jess_asterix

Visit site
I won a nice leather head collar at Little Downham on sat.

The worst was a plastic bucket. I think I would have rather had nothing after the entry fee cost!!

Javabb94

Visit site
At a working hunter I got a bag of chocolate coins :eek: wouldn't be so bad but it was out of a class of 30 odd and we also got reserve champion!
I have never been at a comp with prizes really! Or if
there were prizes I never won :D

skydy

Visit site
The best, were lovely silver horse statues on marble bases.

The most inappropriate, was a 1.75 litre bottle of Chivas Regal scotch that was my prize for winning 2nd in our riding club raffle, when I was 12 years old. ($1.00 per ticket, 1st prize was a saddle) ..:D

My parents said "since you won it you can taste it" but only one taste allowed. I've been rather fond of scotch since then..

tinap

Visit site
Best prize daughter has ever won is probably bog standard rugs/sashes/trophies although she will probably say a tin of roses!

The worse prize was a £5 voucher for the venues own tack shop which sounds ok but it only opened 2 nights a week 4-6pm & we had travelled 3 hours to get there!! It was also that badly organised we weren't bothered about ever returning! She gave it to a young girl who was on livery there & was watching

coedcae

Visit site
Best and worst really, but certainly unusual prize was two loaves of bread and a bag of flour when placed at Ascott under Wynchwood BE.

lex2501

Visit site
Travel size tube of toothpaste and a packet of polos after coming 2nd at goring!! We did get a cheque too though :)

Best prize probably a cut glass rose bowl after winning at mattingley! Iv also won a lovely horse ware Newmarket fleece blanket at pulborough which I love!

trakehnersrock!

Visit site
One of the two best prizes my daughter ever won were a pink sweatscraper, Bentleys I think, doesn't sound much but it's a long tongue sort of shape rather than the usual style, easier to store and ideal for squashing flies with, with a flick of the wrist! The second was a big box of various AVS horse products (fly stuff, etc incl a huge box of some supplement that we flogged for about £50) that lasted forever, for coming second, and the winner just got bandages (yawn) lol
The worst was a tiny (and I mean tiny) pink brush for coming second. Mind you, the prize organiser was the new girlfriend of her ex so.....

posie_honey

Visit site
best - tack shop vouchers for coming 3rd at scone
worst - (or rather most embarrassing) 'funniest moment' rosette for fly buck flying changes :eek:

MagicMelon

Visit site
I think the worst was a tiny rossette I got for being placed in the top 10 at a CIC*. I wont name the venue ;) But it was a huge achievement for me so I kind of expected at least a normal sized rossette! Especially given the expense for BE things...

Trophies are always nice as there's never many of them on offer in my area for some reason. I liked getting my first sash for showing but the one prize I always remember was my very first SJ (lead rein!) competition at a riding school (prior to getting my own pony), must have been 6 or 7. We trashed the course but got a little Thelwell mug, I thought that was great!

spookypony

Visit site
Let's see...I've had some good horsey raffle prizes, such as: a sack of carrots, and a full set of travel boots that I'll flog at some point because they're really big and I travel my pony naked anyway (and will probably do so with any other horses). The best was a voucher for a custom wooden stable plaque, which looks really good!

Competition prizes: there's been a trophy recently that I'm ridiculously proud of, but possibly the silliest was a trophy for a Best Mane and Tail class. Just seems so over the top, especially since there were TWO horses in the class! :D Good ones have been vouchers for free classes at the same venue. That's a typical Best Turned Out prize at a local unaff. SJ/DR venue, and much appreciated.

TableDancer

Visit site
Worst/oddest was some toothpaste (or it might have been dental tape, can't remember) at Goring Heath last year :eek: Luckily it was a Novice section so we got money too :D Best ones have probably been money ones :eek:

Polotash

Visit site
Polo prizes are always good - I've won a really nice blue and white polo numnah (the fancy fringed edge ones), loads of make up (fancy make up sponsor for International Womens Polo at Ascot one year!), and lead ropes/ headcollars/ baseball caps and champagne a few times!

At BD - nothing, just the odd rosette ;0)

kerilli

Visit site
Worst: A video and a sweatshirt for coming 7th at my first CCI*, no prize money at all was a bit shocking, but it was nice to get something I guess.
Best: A really nice (albeit huge) gilet with Toyota British Horse Trials Championship on it for winning a Novice qualifier on my first eventer. That was back in 1989 and I still keep it in the lorry and still wear it! They've definitely gotten their money's worth in advertising... ;) ;)

ironhorse

Visit site
Best are the trophies that AQHA send you the first time you win an in-hand champs - they used to be silver horses on a marble plinth but are bronze now so we have one of each for our two horses. They are massive and heavy and much admired!
Have been very lucky and won some lovely things , but I do recall that when I was doing sponsorship for a big show, one sponsor offered packs of Animalintex as prizes! Useful but not exactly memorable...

Ahrena

Visit site
Best was a horsey photoshoot, I had a makeover done then tonnes of pictures. Unfortunately it was a bit of a con prize as I then spent a tonne on photos!

Worst (but can't complain really as it was a 1 foot 6 class I did on a friend's youngster who had only been jumping a week when I was like 14) was free lunch from the burger van including a rhubarb sponge cake that was only available for the winners ha

glamourpuss

Visit site
I bought tickets for myself for a few friends for the ERA cross country party. One friend said she would give me money for it on the day but never turned up :(
I was thoroughly annoyed.
Until that ticket won a lovely Mark Todd jacket in the raffle :D
My ticket won me a tub of joint supplement :)

I took my children when I was showjumping recently. With the rosettes we were also given bags of haribo. I got placed in my first class & the sweets got polished off by my kids.
As I went in to jump off for my second class my eldest shouted
'Go on Mummy, we want more sweeties!' :D

Fools Motto

Visit site
Best - several nice trophies and some money
Worst - A bright orange baseball cap for coming 5th at Twesledown - the rossette was much better!!

One of my 'best days competing' was at Larkhill. The person on the timer (XC phase) somehow failed to note me... jump scores said clear - I was, but 'nil' on the time. Although clear SJ, I was never going to be on the leader board due to bad dressage.. But lovely organisers were so sorry about the time score, that they gave me back my entry money - £50! I would only have got that back if I had been in the top 3, so really felt like I had won £50 that day!

Our riding club used to give out rubber ducks - for those who either fell, or nearly fell in the water jump at camp .... I wouldn't have minded a rubber duck :D:D

TheoryX1

Visit site
Best prizes won by Mini TX include a lovely leather bridle for winning Urchinwood BE100, plus a grooming kit which I think was at Monmouth for coming 2nd at a BE100. She has had some nice cheques for getting placed at some Novices - Stonar springs to mind as particularly generous, plus winning the BE100 Open at Larkhill last year, that was very, very generious for a BE100. She has also won some lovely Ariat gloves, getting an 8th place at her second Intro (when it was an Intro) at Bricky, which we still have and still get used by us both.

Worst, sorry PC, you are going to get a tanking. Winning her first OD at PC area at National Novice and qualifying for the Nationals, got her a bright purple cotton summer sheet. Hmm. Without the risk of sounding ungrateful, our branch won Open dressage two years ago and Mini TX was on the team. The overall individual who was also on our team got a lovely saddle. Yes we got a lovely cup to share between all 4 riders, but all they got was a tiny silver salver each - yes, got some lovely frilles, but hmmmmm, Derbyshire is a long way to go for a tiny silver salver. Also, our open dressage team came 3rd at the PC Nationals again this year and Mini TX was again on this team. Guess what we got - yes, a tiny silver salver. Oh well, I guess not every kid gets to go to the Nationals, do they?

Littlelegs

Visit site
Best was when I was about 9/10 at a hunter trials. Back in the day of jutes, nz's & newmarket blankets, I won a bright pink fleece rug with blue binding, with matching leg wraps. Apparently one of the organisers grans had made it. Silly thing was, it was first prize in the 12.2 & under section, & the rug was 6'. The only horse on the yard the legwraps fitted was a shire too! Still when I got my 14.2 later I was so proud to be the only kid with a pink rug!
Worst was a plastic currycomb from Robinsons, it was one of those tiny kid size ones & pale pink. Made worse because it was first prize sj, the next class I came second & got a lovely bentley grooming kit.