What's the funniest thing your horse has spooked at???

little_critter

Visit site
Well, once when Rhythm dozed off and face planted into hisnstable door with a crash, it made Snip spook so hard that he farted really loudly, then spooked at the noise of his own fart!

It did take me a while to stop crying with laughter at that!

Nearly spat tea at my PC!
Brilliant!

Kenzo

Visit site
A leaf that was a different colour to the rest.

His reflection in some windows. :D

Poles in the school, someone had moved them to a different place, they were going to eat him.

pewterk

New User
Visit site
A couple 'at it' in a cornfield. With a massive cornfield of many, many acres in size, they decided on a spot, just a few feet from the bridlepath, causing my horse to nearly have a coronary when he saw them!

On a similar note, two of us were hacking along a bridleway we hadn't used before when we came across a steamed up car that was rocking and had a bare bum appearing at the window. Whilst we riders were terribly polite and concentrated on chatting and not looking at the car our horses - rather than spooking - were straining their necks to get a better view! The worst thing was that a little further on the track was blocked and we had to go back past again, although by then I think being watched by two very nosey horses had totally put them off!

snoopyinfrance

Visit site
Finally my Big Girl sounds as normal as everyone elses horses!
I've raided the tissue box 'cos I was laughing soooo much. I've even managed to make the dog jump in her sleep by laughing out loud (VERY loud).

Well, Motty Big Botty will jump at anything from leaves the wrong colour/in the wrong place to teeny tiny birds who have the audacity to jump out at her and bare their huge teeth threateningly! Velcro! I had the nerve to undo the velcro on her saddle cloth bag thingy and she would have bogged off if it hadn't been for the orange bottom in front of her!

The last thing she jumped at was a dog coming out of a field just behind her. I wouldn't mind but he's ours and was on the ride with us. Mind you, he was tired and sounded like a steam train!

Ooooh..... talking about coupling couples on bridlepaths, we met a pair of snakes 'at it' the other day! They moved off and the horses didn't bat an eyelid. I think they were just glad to be trotting at long last.

I have a friend whose horse can trumpet all the way round on a hack. Mine used to jump at his musical toots but she's got used to it at long last.

Kami26

Visit site
Sorry for the repost but i think it fits here ^^

When i was younger (about 14) I loaned a very beautiful pony, though some would say he was ugly because he never grew into his head. Ill never forget one day, we were riding out and came across one of the day-glo orange ride along lawn mowers the council has. He never batted an eye. However, when we got to the end of the road there is a boulder which he spooked at. Not in the 'arg!!!!' kind of way but in so much that he walked around it sideways without taking his eyes off it! I thought it was so odd I dismounted and had a look but there was nothing there at all, and when i got back on he carried on as if nothing had happened... after that he would always walk around the rock sideways keeping fixed on it lol

Sanolly

Visit site
His own shadow on the wall and a sheep. Why is the sheep an odd thing to spook at?
well.........

62ae69f5.jpg

We have one at the yard :rolleyes:

Sanolly

Visit site
This morning down the track to the field Ellie spooked momentarily at a bird in a bush. Funny thing was the bird was then spooked by Ellie spooking, lost its footing and rolled down the hill at the side of the track, landed in front of us flapping wildly and looking totally bewildered. Stood up and flew off!
Ooops just spat tea all over my aunts laptop :eek:

sakura

Visit site
not as funny as others on here, but my totally chilled out youngster was impeccably well behaved at her first show, to such an extent that we got a double clear and came 4th in our first class. She did me proud by not being phased at all all day by anything..... but, she did then spook at the rosette as it went on her bridle
icon11.gif

LizzyandToddy

Visit site
After the snow we had back in November when it was starting to melt, there was only one small patch of white left beside the road near the hedge. Took me a good view minutes to get him past it, yet he has been up to his knee's in the stuff a week previously!!

Spyda

Visit site
Her own shaddow leading in from the field yesterday :rolleyes: Duh, same stretch of road, same time of day, same flipping shadow as usual but yesterday it was simply TERRIFYING :D

smiffyimp

Visit site
I got caught short once, had to jump off and find a bush;) He jumped at my wee and pulled me over with jods round my ankles:eek: how embarrassing!

Luci07

Visit site
Easy. The man trying to have a discreet pee on the other side of the hedge (and I will name and shame) at Polesden Lacey. To make matters even worse, I didn't realise what he was doing and asked him to shout out so the horses knew what was making the noises behind the hedge.

And to cap it all off, I had no idea till my friend told me when we were safely away. That's after having hysterics at how blind I was..