What's the highest you've jumped?

Annagain

Visit site
Deliberately, about 3'6 (1m5-10ish) on my old 14hh pony. Unintentionally, about 5'6" (about 1m65) on my boy. It was a bullfinch and nobody told him he could go through it. Have a photo of him pretty much clearing the top (which nobody will get to see as I look awful in it - although I half expected it, it still took me by surprise) with maybe a few inches tickling his toes. When I walked the course it was a bit over my head and I'm 5'7".

Courses - about 1m on my old boy as a teenager and 90cms max these days. Although my share horse is far more capable my bottle left at about the same time as my love for nightclubs and kebabs at 4am.

Last edited:

wyrdsister

Visit site
A land rover! Cheeky blooming pony took a dislike to a 2'6" rustic & decided the quickest way out of the ring was over the judge's car! Never. Again.

Arizahn

Visit site
Last time that I did any jumping was about twenty years ago, at pony camp! There was an impressive hedge with a log as part of the xc - think it was around 3'6". Couldn't fathom it nowadays :D

Madam Min

Visit site
I'm such a chicken when it comes to jumping so probably about 1m on my OHs old eventer and even then he only told me how high it was after I'd done it!

Blythe Spirit

Visit site
A land rover! Cheeky blooming pony took a dislike to a 2'6" rustic & decided the quickest way out of the ring was over the judge's car! Never. Again.

OMG that's something! Highest I have jumped is 3ft 11ins I know that because I measured it later! This when I was training to do my AI I tried 4ft but as I came into it the instructor said that horse had never done 4ft so if course I hesitated and the horse refused I didn't get a second try :( was always a bit peeved as I would like to say I had cleared 4ft. Now I can jump about 2' 3 or 2'6'' on my own horse and occasionally 3ft on something that's a jumping machine and does not mind if I shut my eyes :)