What's worse?

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Well sounds as though he and you had a wonderful time, dosnt that yap go right through you?. The other night Pip was asleep in her crate and was making a sound like a police siren, never heard a dog make a sound like that before.:eek:

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Its ear splitting, don't remember our old Heeler doing it. I phoned my son about half an hour after I had left home today, and Pickle was objecting to being left on his own in the kitchen, the noise was deafening even over the phone. Told son to put him in his crate and he immediately shut up, and then was fine when he let him out a bit later, strange pup.

copper100

Visit site
Hope you enjoy your pups have you got pic's?

I had one for many years funnily enough from a rescue situation but the best little buddy I ever had. And only on learning the history of the breed as in originally bred from a corgi and a manchester terrier. A fantastic little working dog that herd cattle.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
This is our little un Pickle, living up to his name.

Photo0219.jpg

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I must admit my last 2 never yapped, they barked but only for good reason.

Pip is good though when she wants to go out she will sit by the door or jump at the door,if I dont notice she will yap to draw attention to the fact she needs to go out. You can have a conversation with her as she is very vocal but she likes the last word.:D

copper100

Visit site
Lovely pics, and they are great dogs. Like I said I aquired mine as a sort of rescue, and he was tricky for a long time. If I hadn't been informed he was a Heeler I wouldn't have known but spent the next 9 years with him, going everywhere and having to inform people he's not a JR. Was even gonna put a sign on him at one point. If I can figure out this photobucket thing I'll post a picture.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Thanks MM & Pix the computer wizard or should I say witch.:D

We get the same questions about Pip with Uncle Diesel & Aunty Darcy, to be fair she does look like a little Dobe, trouble is she thinks she is one and has quite an attitude.:D

SusieT

Visit site
Do you not think good breeders are already doing this?

No. I don't . I see no evidence of it. Flat nose does equal brachycephalic, as I say I've yet to meet one who doesn't struggle to exercise without tiring quickly in this country (in others I have met some lovely specimens we should be aspiring to. I may of course be the are aI am in)

soloabe

Visit site
Well I.am sorry that you don't. I see it everywhere.
Dogs kept in good condition (most people think what is actually obese is normal for pugs and bulldog etc) here and in my area in england can out run the snippy nosed dogs any day.

copper100

Visit site
Tell me about it..

When I first met my partner, who is a dog person I told him my little man was a Lancashire Heeler. It was an ongoing joke with him for many weeks and then one day he went out, came back and said I've met another Heeler.

Mind you he didn't hold up his end of the deal of running down the high street naked with a sign round his neck saying there are Lancashire Heeler's lol, as you can imagine I was quite disappointed..

EAST KENT

Visit site
Do you not think good breeders are already doing this?

No. I don't . I see no evidence of it. Flat nose does equal brachycephalic, as I say I've yet to meet one who doesn't struggle to exercise without tiring quickly in this country (in others I have met some lovely specimens we should be aspiring to. I may of course be the are aI am in)

Boxers,bull mastiffs Bostons ? They all are action packed and can run like the wind! Bulldogs can do a vertical leap from a standstill onto a table top,open your eyes..or maybe you prefer not to notice.There are some very dedicated breeders in uk doing their utmost to improve health in their respective breeds,it is their life`s work and passion.