Whats your achievement of the week?

horseluver4eva

Visit site
So today me and smudge went to our 3rd ever proper show:) got a clear in 65, 2 poles down in the 75 which were both my fault due to striding and well the 85 went completely wrong;) Was nearly off twice which put off the rest of the course:( but still we got right around the course and it was our first 85 round:) itll seem like nothing to some people but i am so chuffed with her after getting all worked up before we went in to the ring, she did really well:) got some lovely photos too, only got one on my computer though(excuse my lower leg):( whats everybody else's achievements of the week?
164a4409-2c3e-40d9-baa1-8009db216505_zpse0995e6c.jpg

3Beasties

Visit site
Well done :D

I went to my second ever dressage comp today with my mare who 6 months ago was a complete and utter nightmare to ride. Could not believe it when we won both classes!! I am still in shock :biggrin3:

PTP_2009_zps5e874368.jpg

PTP_1959_zpsc7dae3a0.jpg

20130929_120945_zps8e996696.jpg

I'm feeling super proud and very lucky tonight :biggrin3:

Qru

Visit site
Sounds great to me! If I get round a 65cm round then I'm chuffed!
My horse is travelling from Cyprus to UK as we speak so my achievement is only calling the transporter once since he started travelling 3 days ago ;)

horseluver4eva

Visit site
Well done :D

I went to my second ever dressage comp today with my mare who 6 months ago was a complete and utter nightmare to ride. Could not believe it when we won both classes!! I am still in shock :biggrin3:

PTP_2009_zps5e874368.jpg

PTP_1959_zpsc7dae3a0.jpg

20130929_120945_zps8e996696.jpg

I'm feeling super proud and very lucky tonight :biggrin3:

wow!! amazing bet your so proud! a very big well done to you:) i love dressage unfortunatly my horse isnt exactly a dressage horse;) achieving something such as that is fantastic!

Sounds great to me! If I get round a 65cm round then I'm chuffed!
My horse is travelling from Cyprus to UK as we speak so my achievement is only calling the transporter once since he started travelling 3 days ago ;)
oh id be phoning every hour im a real worrier;) haha so well done you! bet your very excited whens your horse due to arrive?

atlantis

equinetouchjo.wordpress.com
Massive well done to you both. Lovely jumping pick, and 2 red frillies 3B thats fab. I love your mare I always do a double take with her she looks so much like my old boy!!

My achievement was trotting around the whole arena on my new share horse with her taking the contact down and forward beautifully. Seeing as we started just over a week ago with he ears in my face I'm pretty chuffed.

horseluver4eva

Visit site
Lol thanks! Mine is meant to be more of a jumper than dressage diva :biggrin3:
i could watch dressage all day just useless at it haha
To be fair, I have also sent 2 emails that I haven't confessed to :rolleyes:
He's due on the 5th - 6 days eeep
well done you still;) bet you cant wait! let me know when he arrives:D

Massive well done to you both. Lovely jumping pick, and 2 red frillies 3B thats fab. I love your mare I always do a double take with her she looks so much like my old boy!!

My achievement was trotting around the whole arena on my new share horse with her taking the contact down and forward beautifully. Seeing as we started just over a week ago with he ears in my face I'm pretty chuffed.
Thank you! well done you, i find it hard teaching horses to respond to contact so you should be feeling really proud!
Everyone's probably fed up of hearing of mine but me and (now not so) fat basil completed mary towneley loop + Calder aire link, a total of 64 miles in 4 days.

null_zps23160878.jpg

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?635077-We-ve-looped-the-loop!

Wow that is such a long way! lovely pics, well done you!!

PingPongPony

Visit site
not really an achievement of the week but I have only recently realised how far we've come with trusting each other. It's taken my mare 2 years to trust me, and actually like me, and it's upsetting me because she has to go back to her owner (I've got her on full loan) at the end on October, because of my A levels and uni etc, so i'm losing her just as she has learnt to trust me :(
(sorry photo overload!)

S0409085_zpsca6d3160.jpg

S0439093_zps0038d213.jpg

S0679166_zps673cf74d.jpg

S0719173_zps1ea6603e.jpg

S0739179_zps28cef43b.jpg

S0769187_zps3d21df33.jpg

tankgirl1

Visit site
Some lovely pics, and that is such a shame PingPongPony! She is gorgeous as well!

My achievement today is just riding for the first time after nearly coming off over his head when he stumbled badly on the road a couple of weeks ago, and almost went down. We just did a few minutes in the field at walk and trot, finished off with a cheeky little canter, good times! :)

loisb501

Visit site
My pony and i went clear at our third every cross country :) Considering she can be a nappy/spooky ponio even getting away from the warm up and past the start line was an achievement!

FH-PaF098.jpg

FH-PaF099.jpg

(have permission to post pictures)

woopieee

Last edited:

Nannon

Visit site
Well done!
Me and my boy managed a decent balanced and steady canter in the school and an actual trot to canter transition without running :) doesn't sound much but feels like a huge step!

Izzwizz

Visit site
My big achievement this week and in fact this year is to complete a course of showjumps, only 2ft or so, at Bobbis Horse Camp at Somerford Park and also to jump XC for the first time ever. Big thing for me, we have had a thoroughly brilliant weekend and I have learned lots with some fab Trainers..

Well done to everyone above, some lovely pics.

atlantis

equinetouchjo.wordpress.com
[QUOTE
Thank you! well done you, i find it hard teaching horses to respond to contact so you should be feeling really proud!

I don't think I've done this quoting right, but thanks. My new instructor has made a massive difference to my riding I've never managed to do anything like that before. It was only one lap of the school though lol. He has told me to be satisfied with very little progress, and the mare is responding by progressing every time I ride her. She really is lovely.

alainax

Visit site
aww great pics!! So nice to hear of everyones great week!

Can I cheat with a video?

Got my new boy on Friday, pottered about in the school last night and tonight went for a wee hack! Already feel my confidence coming back after some nasty falls this year. This guy is just a total dude.. and a handsome one at that! My face hurts from smiling when I ride him!

[video=youtube;o-ZZ-vUqKHs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-ZZ-vUqKHs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:

becca1305

Visit site
My mare finally seeming to start to settle out hunting :). We tried hunting previous years and she was just too up for it. With a change of bit to something she can't grab onto, we decided to give her a fair chance and take her cubbing to see if she'd settle. Yesterday she went cubbing for the 3rd time and it was my first wholly pleasant hunting experience :). She stood still like a pro, and cantered along nicely only having a tiny argument about coming back on a couple of the gallops. She is still insisting on cantering 90% of the time while the others trot but its a slow canter to a trot speed without fighting to go faster. Most importantly I didn't have a sore bum from jigjogging everywhere, and she was just a delight to be out on! Keeping my fingers crossed shes getting the hang of it and looking forward to going out this week :).

Ooh and my instructor finally being happy with my light jumping seat canter on my other mare :). Its taken a fair while unaided by a back injury followed by an ankle injury, but probably predominantly due to a fair bit of uncoordinated daftness on my part.

Last edited:

Elbie

Visit site
I managed to ride a 20m circle! Properly! And schooling generally went really well

Ok...so doesn't sound like a big achievement but if any of you have read my thread about only just learning how to ride correctly you'll understand!

Before I used to just rely on my reins and whenever I turned left I would twist my upper body inwards and also tilt my pelvis. I managed to ride a perfect circle last week using only my legs, keeping my hands together and not twisting my body. Hurray! Next stop Rio...

Antw23uk

Visit site
I had my first lesson Sunday morning and it went really well. Had my new boy six months now having got back into riding two years ago (25 year break) I'm a happy hacker but want to do more so it was time to call in the professional :eek:

I don't have a pic of the lesson but this was taken on Saturday after a schooling session and a heated short hack up the lane (dont ask ... killer pigeons!!) .... Can you figure who is working the hardest? :eek: Time for him to start doing the work, hence the instructor, lol

1010017_10151586257161261_792208731_n_zps2ca99b66.jpg

So proud of this boy I cannot put it into words just how lucky and blessed I feel. Really pleased with his weight gain and he is so fit now we are going from strength to strength :D

A cheeky 'Who me?' pic :p

DSC_3538_zpsd6b53c20.jpg

And a family pic taken Sunday evening :p

jonantgiz_zpscfe7970f.png

WelshD

Visit site
My pony being backed, he was so calm after the initial 'what the hell is going on' faces lol
Pics are on here

ridefast

Visit site
wow!! amazing bet your so proud! a very big well done to you:) i love dressage unfortunatly my horse isnt exactly a dressage horse;) achieving something such as that is fantastic!

EVERY HORSE IS A DRESSAGE HORSE. Dressage is simply gymnastics for horses, every horse can do it!! Arg! Sorry just get fed up with people thinking you need a certain type to do a certain discipline. It might take longer with one horse than another but with correct schooling all horses can do dressage.

horseluver4eva

Visit site
aww everybody seems to have some amazing achievements! whether big or small every little step makes that huge difference! well done everybody some lovely pictures, and a lovely video!

horseluver4eva

Visit site
EVERY HORSE IS A DRESSAGE HORSE. Dressage is simply gymnastics for horses, every horse can do it!! Arg! Sorry just get fed up with people thinking you need a certain type to do a certain discipline. It might take longer with one horse than another but with correct schooling all horses can do dressage.

I don't mean she can't do it she can, and has a very nice carriage and works well (when she wants to haha). im only meaning that she doesnt enjoy it the same as she does jumping and hacking for example and so i dont compete dressage because i like doing things that she puts her heart into that i can feel she is enjoying along with me:)

tinap

Visit site
Fab picture op, well done!

As I don't ride ill share my daughters achievement of the week which was yesterday at a local show. She did her first 1.05m class on her youngster & went clear & then had a go at showing for the 2nd time ever! They won ridden part bred, ridden youngster & then got reserve ridden champion :D I would post a pic but I can't do it on my phone :(