What's your dream horsey holiday?

JulesRules

Visit site
Bonus points to @BBP who has done my dream riding holiday across the Andes.

I don't tend to go on many riding holidays just because I do enough riding anyway, but I have done the odd day while I've been away. I had a fun day on a very fit sharp Arab in the hills above Petra ( 1st pic). 2nd pic is in the Colca Valley in Peru ( notice the smoking volcano?)Screenshot_20201118-131634_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20201118-131945_Gallery.jpg

Annagain

Visit site
I'd love to do some of these holidays but I really struggle with the heat so don't think I could. Even getting off a sunbed in Majorca on a hot day caused me to almost pass out. Luckily I've had it a few times (getting out of a hot jacuzzi and having to sit on the floor straight away is my speciality) so I know it's coming. It starts with everything going woozy and then it all starts to go dark. I know then I have to sit down quickly but I don't think I could get off a horse and sit on the floor fast enough.

I've ridden in Iceland and New Zealand, but just for a couple of hours each time as OH was with me and definitely not interested in joining in! In New Zealand there was another couple on the ride with me. They lived in Paris but the husband was British. I was chatting away to the guide and mentioned I lived in Cardiff. "Where in Cardiff, came the question from behind me. "Oh you won't have heard of it," I replied "a little village about 6 miles out of the city". It turned out he grew up in the cul-de-sac of houses built on the land that used to be the garden to my parents' house (long before they lived there). He'd lived 100m from my back door for 10 years and I never met him until we were on horses in the middle of nowhere in New Zealand!

Riding through the hot springs above Lake Taupo
YAmdYnU.jpg

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I had a week riding tour in Iceland 30 years ago (kjolur) which proved expensive as I bought a horse when I got home. I wish I could ride there now I have experience of riding Icelandics but sadly am not really up to it now.