What's your favourite thing about your dog/their best quality

Unicorn

Visit site
She's a sassy, independent, cheeky baggage, just leaves you to get over yourself if you're upset, but she makes me smile every day. She's soo good in so many situations...vet, physio, groomer all get greeted like a long lost friend.

And just occasionally we get a moment like this and she makes me feel like I might be a half decent owner after all 😍

IMG-20230904-WA0009~01~01.jpg

Goldenstar

Visit site
Dram is a beautiful dog inside and out he has an aura of golden loveliness he gentle strong goofy he loves toys and to swin he would follow me anywhere .
I am so lucky to share his life .
Pearl is a different dog she is loyal and very good fun but she has a huge sense of self and entitlement I love her to bits as well but Dram is very very special .

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Ah yes CT I probably should have put enthusiasm for life as mine. Fodhla is a real good time gal, always up for everything and everything is The Greatest Thing Ever.

Your boys sound great, everytime you post I get broody for a baby springer 😂
I honestly can’t understand why you haven’t got one yet! I think Fodhla would be in heaven with a puppy. Couldn’t get much cuter after his insane zoomies! IMG_0855.jpeg
@Coblover63 do you know what your white one is crossed with? Beautiful 😍
After Auslander’s announcement, I’m thinking Welsh springer!

ArklePig

Visit site
CT a couple of reasons really, but mostly, raising Fodhla has been an education and I'm back studying/working now so I don't think I could do a new dog justice atm, especially if they are anything like she was for her first 3-6 months.

Plus the cost! I've taken a pay cut while doing my solicitor training contract and I'm not sure we could afford two. Additionally all my health stuff atm... Don't want to make any big life changed til I get a handle on whatever I've got!

I think Fodhla would like a dog but only certain dogs, some she can't be arsed with. But then the other hand I'm afraid I've spoiled her and she'll be jealous! I'm hopeful I'll have an announcement on this front next autumn/winter. More reasons against than for atm I'm afraid!

ArklePig

Visit site
Her mum is a black lab and her dad is a black and white sprocker. Yup, hard to believe but my bezzie owns mum and dad. The red colour comes from her paternal grandfather.

Ah I wondered if there was some spanner in there! I've half a spaniel too (mixed with pointer if you could believe anyone would let that happen 😂) and she reminded me a little of my girl expression wise.

Morwenna

Visit site
Mine is the sweetest dog I have ever met. She has me tearing my hair out at times (mainly when I’m trying to train her) but then I look at her and realise she is trying her little heart out for me, she just finds some things really difficult. She is such a happy, friendly little dog and such a clown, she makes me smile every day. She is my whole world I love her to pieces.

BallyRoanBaubles

Visit site
Zazu my lab - my first ever dog, I made many mistakes training wise but he has taken me into the world of gundogs. He is always up for anything and wants to come wherever I’m going. He can be hard work with his nervous personality but He has made me into such a better dog trainer/person/owner.

Rafi my goldie - he is only a pup but he is everyone’s best friend, he has such an optimistic outlook on life!

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
The fact she’s just easy to have around and you can take her anywhere. And the way that, when she’s happy to see you, she squints her eyes while greeting you. I’ve never seen another dog do anything quite like it.

Plus, I genuinely don’t think there’s anything happier than a happy spaniel, so it’s hard to be sad when there’s one around!

Asha

Visit site
What a lovely thread , I read this the other day and thought I’d post that I love that Stirling is a comedian . He makes us all laugh every day . But today he showed me how clever and sensitive he is . He just totally understood he needed to be calm and sat by my feet and kissed my nose .
He’s just the most gorgeous soul. So proud to have him as part of our family

Attachments

• IMG_7882.jpeg
    IMG_7882.jpeg
    777.8 KB · Views: 6

pistolpete

Visit site
So many things I like about Meg. She’s clever funny independent thoughtful energetic loyal sensitive and speedy! Love that despite being a lurcher when a cat got into our garden the other night she didn’t hurt it! Phew!

Attachments

• B3BF572D-92FF-4910-B697-C4BFB47F1B7E.jpeg
    B3BF572D-92FF-4910-B697-C4BFB47F1B7E.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 2

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Where to begin!

It’s changed over time as my life has developed I guess. At first I was so proud of how clever she was, she was the best behaved pup at puppy classes and then we moved on to obedience with the big grown up dogs and she was a baby really. I loved our classes together but covid then babies happened. It’s something I’d like to get back to doing when life is less crazy.

Then as our family grew it became how kind, gentle and easy she is. She doesn’t mind if I have an awful day with a newborn and instead of a good 10km walk we just do a slow plod around the block with the pushchair. She sits patiently whilst Florence throws her ball (not very far), she gently takes a biscuit from Florence’s hand and pretends to listen to Florence bossing her around (I LOVE Florence’s “stern voice”).

And lastly, I love love love that she turned my military Yorkshire emotionless “I don’t want a dog, she’ll be your dog” husband in to the soppiest dog lover around.

IMG_6925.jpeg

palo1

Visit site
My Red (Irish Terrier) is the best doggo ever for me. There are reasons! He is the most devoted dog I have ever had, will just go wherever I go, no questions asked and if I sit out on the hill, he will happily just sit with me. He's grand like that. I love the fact that whilst I have not trained him to sit on command, his recall is hilariously enthusiastic (99%) and he was straightforward to stock train; that makes enjoying a dog so much easier. I adore his eccentricities; he chases birds - even those really high in the sky and the hopelessness of that, combined with his total dedication and belief that one day, he might get one, never fails to make me laugh. He shreds cardboard and paper to order which is actually quite handy!! He loves a cup of tea and a jam sandwich. Please don't ask how I know this or how often he gets such a treat. He is totally charming with every person he meets, even the vet, even when under terrible strain. He is a complete gentleman. He has a hipster beard and the softest paws. He is polite to our inherited sheepdogs, which again makes life much easier. I feel like we are truly on the same wavelength most days; he truly feels like a proper friend. He understands the words 'Tractor', 'Truck' and 'Car' and knows exactly where each vehicle lives which I think is really smart! He is as happy sitting on the sofa with me reading as he is outdoors. He is happy to clown about or be very gentle with anyone old or fragile. He has the best ever, oversized rubbery nose on the end of his long ginger snout. There will never be another like him and I cherish every day with him, more than I ever have with any other animal I have known in my life.

skinnydipper

Visit site
She is affectionate and playful and she makes me laugh.

She likes to play with toys either together or alone and sorts through her toy box to select the current favourite.

She’s tall and leggy and when she plays she looks like a baby giraffe.

She has quite lively discussions with her squeaky ball which she will push with her nose or squash with her paw forcing it to 'speak' to her. She will initially reply to it with a squeak but as the conversation progresses the squeak becomes a howl.

She is good company.

I was thinking about this thread today and how the big girl makes me smile.

After her tea she gets a treat, current selection pigs ear, beef cheek, beef nose, hairy cow ear, you get the drift. I wrap it in brown paper and hand it to her and she prances away, head and tail in the air, so pleased with her prize, it makes me smile every day. She tears the wrapping off and even when she gets to the treat she keep shredding, she just enjoys it so much, it's all part of the fun.

She comes and rests her head on my knee. She will hold her face up to mine with her head so close we can feel each other's breath.

She likes to come and sit in front of me and I massage her shoulders and chest. She half closes her eyes and tips her head back.

Just some of things that I love about her.

When I lost my last dog (avatar photo) I was devasted, I wasn't going to have another dog. I was so lucky to find the big girl, she brings me joy every day.

Last edited:

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I was thinking about this thread today and how the big girl makes me smile.

After her tea she gets a treat, current selection pigs ear, beef cheek, beef nose, hairy cow ear, you get the drift. I wrap it in brown paper and hand it to her and she prances away, head and tail in the air, so pleased with her prize, it makes me smile every day. She tears the wrapping off and even when she gets to the treat she keep shredding, she just enjoys it so much, it's all part of the fun.

She comes and rests her head on my knee. She brings her head close to mine so we can feel each other's breath.

She likes to come and sit in front of me and I massage her shoulders and chest. She half closes her eyes and tips her head back.

Just some of things that I love about her.

When I lost my last dog (avatar photo) I was devasted, I wasn't going to have another dog. I was so lucky to find the big girl, she brings me joy every day.
I felt the same when I lost Dougie. I think you just love them differently.
Cecil does the same, he loves a shoulder and head massage, particularly if it involves around and over his eyes! Makes him go all squishy

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Another thing with Cec that makes be laugh is his precise ability to tell the time, he gets fed at 6.30/7pm
from 6.30 he stares at me and his tail starts to wag, the wagging gets more and more furious until i get up and say "come on then" Its a good job its only a little tail, If it were lab size he'd be dangerous.

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
I miss George more than anything ever, and I still cry every day over losing him 😞

But the only positive (if such a thing can exist) is that I adore the Terror Twins more than ever! They are like chalk and cheese, being a dog and a bitch, but I adore them both in their own ways.

Colin is an affectionate loving Mummy’s boy ❤️

Flora is an independent sassy little madam who knows exactly what she wants 🤣

They are wonderful ❤️ I’m so very lucky ❤️ (I was trying to add a picture but I had forgotten how crap this forum is, says picture is too large 🙄)