What's your horses show name?

tonitot

Visit site
Ethel doesn't have one :eek: I've wanted one for her for ages and could never settle on one but after a judge at our show last week telling me how Ethel is a proper name for a horse I might just leave it as that! Unless we ever get far enough to need a proper name, then I might actually have to think of one that suits her.

Arniebear

Visit site
Just wondering....do you have to compete your horse under the name on the passport??:confused:

only if you are competing at an affiliated level :) call em what u
you like unaffiliated!!

i have a colonna lecca if im feeling posh! otherwise he is known as freddie steady go!! the first is his racing name and freddie is his stable name!

i also have a mendlesham this will stay as hopefully he will event :D

i was sj the other weekend and a "tescos burger" entered the ring!!!!!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Mr Beau Jangles and it suits him as he has dancing feet when he jumps !

Mr Bojangles! His passport name is Coloured Firefly, I really didn't like it. He came without a stable name, I threw the OH a bone and let him choose the show name cos he was really against me getting another. Beau for stable name cos he is and I'm a French teacher with a French name too. :)

A friend changes the show name regularly and once entered his horse as 'Do I really have to do this?' in a dressage test :D

Madam Min

Visit site
Chloe hasnt got a show name, she's just Chloe
Amber is Kilcloghan Buffet, Kilcloghan is where she was bred and she's by the TB stallion French Buffet

Our old horse was DJ, passport DJ Capper, we gave him the show name Da Dealer, his sire was Lucky Dealer

Nightmare before Christmas

Visit site
Mine went under the show name we chose, not his passport name. I think you can choose if the horse hasn't come from particular lines. Might be wrong.

If the horse has a passport name you have to reg that affiliated, if there is no passport name you call them what you like!

Nothing to do with lines. Mines a well bred Oldenburg and he has no reg name. Only a brand and breed society numbers. I gave him his reg name

WelshD

Visit site
One of mine has a 'proper' name - Idyllic Harry Patch

The other has the name I made up for him - Kingshill

freckles22uk

www.foxykeepsakes.co.uk
Freckles is Centaur Summer Storm ... the stud let me pick the name, but had to use the stud prefix, her mum was Summer Rose.. and I did intend to call her Storm, but a friend saw her photo, and said I should call her Freckles (leopard appaloosa)

Harley is Mariola Harlequin .. Mariola is my prefix (its the mountain range I live in) and Harlequin means variant of colour.. and hes a chestnut leopard appy, with a blue and brown eye.. so suits him..

Ticky is Absolutely Tikityboo.. named by the breeder..

Apache is Mariola Absolute ... also name him

Shadow the Reindeer

Visit site
Freckles is Centaur Summer Storm ... the stud let me pick the name, but had to use the stud prefix, her mum was Summer Rose.. and I did intend to call her Storm, but a friend saw her photo, and said I should call her Freckles (leopard appaloosa)

What stud did she come from? My youngster who I sold a couple of years ago was Foxheys Dark Storm.

sandi_84

Visit site
Mine is "Some Hot Shot", I don't like it :( With my luck it's just asking for trouble ;)
I gave him the stable name Loki though as he came to my yard and no one knew his name :cool:

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
You can change the passport name anyway.
Comanche was "Coinneach" on passport but has been changed to Queenswsy Diamond Geezer.
Jester was "Jack-A-Do" but is now Queensway Harlequin Prince.
Scarlett has "Fudge" on hers but I'll pay to have that changed soon too when I have decided on a new one :D :D :D

Nannon

Visit site
My ex racer is Naranga, welshie A is Pearlwell Lovejoy... Poor little ted!
My little tb filly hasn't got a name yet, we call her little princess so I think it's going to end up something like that!

navaho

Visit site
Weve several.
Cwmplas Royal Lad
Penyglywyd Pilipala (no idea why, he looks nothing like a butterfly)
Steephill Blackbird
Brywins Arctic Ice
Bluerocks Crystal Diamond
AA Armani
Shezmine of Cairngarat

Lolo

Visit site
Reg is Something's Up- superb for going XC as commentators say "And Something's Up, Alice [surname]" and then stop to laugh as they realise what they've said! It's also not great because we hear "Something's Up" and begin to panic before remembering it's his name, not that something's gone wrong :D

My old boy was Cheeky, and for posh was No Surrender.

NaeNae87

Visit site
Bo is Omdurman, which is the name he raced under.

GK is Gene Kelly, although I found out his old show name was Knees in the Breeze after owning him for about 18months.

My friends horses are as follows;

Andgel is Firedance Angel

Baliey is Cheif Skamadic which was his race name (his dame is Nomadic and his sire is Cheif Skelato)

liannexsx

Visit site
Mya is officially Evian. Had to begin with e and couldn't find anything alcoholic starting with e which is the usual theme. Wasn't calling her ethanol!!
Have had
Amarulla
Arniston bay
Cointreau

ann-jen

Visit site
Cherry = Arctic Cherub
Amber = the Amber Gambler
Jenny = Jenny (she was Genesis but it reminded me of Phil Collins and she's too pretty to be named after him so is simply Jenny lol)

Mince Pie

Visit site
I named 2 of mine (now sold) and renamed another so I've had Mary Poppins (stable name Pippa) who was a clydie x and absolutely bombproof, Throwing a Paddy who was an opinionated Welsh C (and a stereotypical chestnut mare!) who was nicknamed the GingaNinja and Oliver Twist who is my little shire x who reminds me of the line from the film "please sir, I want some more".

Visit site
What really bugs me is when people change the horses passported name - especially when it has a prefix! That's the breeders shop window - the prefix/suffix.

Say I sold one of my homebreds, the new owner took it out showing, did well, people liked and wanted one of the same. If the pony was simply called Fred in the showring no one would knew where he came from but you KEEP the Mirkwood in front of it and people know where to look to get a similar pony.

As a breeder - please, please don't change their registered names as you are doing is breeders a great disservice.