What's your "OCD" ... ?

vallin

Visit site
Jump wings and poles must ALL match, nearly had a hissy fit in my lesson when my instructor put out trotting poles that didn't match the wings :S
Also all boots, rugs, headcollars, leadropes, tack and numnahs must match...HATE black saddle, brown bridle etc! Slightly anal over here!

Jo C

Visit site
Well I think you are all weird, but there is nothing wrong in having to have your bed completely straight before your horse goes in it and reins/martingale must always be looped through throat latch before putting away. Leathers must be wrapped around irons so they don't dangle and girth taken off completely but only on dressage saddle.
wink.gif
tongue.gif
I of course am completely normal, it is everyone else with the problem
grin.gif

palomino_pony

Visit site
Bridles - reins must be looped through the throat lash. And when its been cleaned the noseband done up around the cheeks - but only in the keepers

Rugs - stable rug has to be on the door STRAIGHT!

Numnah - has to be well up in the saddle gullet. I hate numnahs flat on the withers -aarrrgghh!

Clean numnahs, girths, boots etc

I'm not too bad at all!
grin.gif

H_J

Visit site
Oh god im going to seem like a fruit loop now
grin.gif

All my whips 'have' to be on the whip rack at all times.
My saddles have to have covers on them
All keepers must be in on bridles I stop whatever im doing if something comes out of a keeper it drives me insane!
Horses must be groomed before I ride cant have a spek of mud or an un cut tail at the to or bottom!
The yard MUST be swept by me every night even if still relitevely clean, if one stone is out of place it has to be swept back!
I keep a diary pinned up of all my comps throughout the year and when things need to be entered
smile.gif

The flash on my bridles has to be looped back through itself when hanging up
numnahs off of saddles after ridden
I get sooo mad if anything is moved in my lorry everything has its own place in there, including gloves, stock pin, hairnets etc
The list goes on and on
crazy.gif
grin.gif

jnb

Visit site
Definitely bridles with reins through throatlash and breastplate also looped through to hang up - it's taken me 3 years to teach OH how to do it!!
Girth completely detatched from saddle when not on the horse.
Stirrups - run up leathers and loop back through to prevent them marking my saddle flaps
And - (me, weird???) saddle has fleece cover AND zip up carrying bag at all times except when riding on it! I paid £££££s and want to keep it nice!
Ditto the leg straps clipped back onto the rug when removing.
And the Lead rope thing.
Oh - and I slice carrots lengthwise - everyone on the yard thinks I'm made - they just chuck carrots in whole.
And - all my boots and hats have carry bags, and long boots are stored with trees in them - yes, even cheap ones!. Oh dear, I am completely mental!!
blush.gif

Rana

Visit site
Oh, I am so pleased to read this thread! I'm not alone. Although perhaps I am one of the worst...

- beds have to be immaculate, banks and base have to be levelled and the front swept in straight
- buckets have to be the right way round (handles and pouring spout to wall)
- rugs have to be hung in the correct order
- headcollar has to be done up, with the rope twisted (and clip facing the right way!)
- cannot exercise a horse with any mud on it
- have to tack up and untack outside, in a certain order (boots, saddle, bridle to tack up, saddle, boots, bridle to untack - it's not even correct!!)
- bridle has to be hung up correctly (doing my head in at the moment as I don't have a bridle hook!)
- saddle cloth and girth removed from the saddle every time - girth placed through stirrups, cloth on top of saddle
- hay and feed buckets have to be in the correct order in her stable
- colours have to match (although I will compromise on being different shades of the same colour)
- tools put away in a certain way
- horse has to be brushed every single day, before she goes to bed (unless she's wet)
- boots have to be paired up and velcro'd up before putting away
- leg straps done back up on rugs
- carrots have to be sliced thinly and lengthways, and apples have to be thinly sliced

I did used to be worse and insisted that every horse (I had 3, they all lived out together) had their own grooming kit, and their own hoofpick hanging outside their stable...in a colour which matched their headcollar (green for Triton, blue for Rana, red for Posie).

I have to make up my hay in the morning, ready for soaking in the evening. I absolutely cannot leave it. It doesn't even make sense!!

The worrying thing is that I get up at 5am to make sure I have time to get all this done before work. And my OH (who is horsey!) is banned from doing anything with my horse and gets shouted at if he dares to touch any of my stuff.

I'll just quietly sidle off back to my slightly insane world....

siennamum

Visit site
You're a complete bunch of fruitloops.
tongue.gif

I am indifferent to everything you have all mentioned.
Don't care about how tidy beds are - so long as they are clean & have banks. Bucket colour.... wtf. Lead rope & headcollar matching...eh? My friend hangs all bridles up properly & I delight in using them and hanging them back up any old how... haha.
Can't think of a single thing that I do which is remotely OCD.

icestationzebra

Visit site
I'm with you SM
smile.gif
I do things properly and I always tidy up, sweep and put things away but I really do not give a monkey's tail if my buckets don't match or my leadrope is frayed
laugh.gif
In fact I might give some people heart failure if they could see my hand repaired haynets
blush.gif

Ziggy_

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think you're all stark raving bonkers
tongue.gif
... HOWEVER, I do have a spreadsheet with all the possible feed combinations that Lukey might need depending on how much work he's doing etc together with their respective costs per bag, per kg, per day, and how much it'd cost per year to feed using that particular combination
blush.gif
I'll get my coat.......
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too
blush.gif

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
I wouldn't say I was OCD about anything, my beds have to be clean and neat (although I am the only person on the yard that squares off their banks, even when the beds up after mucking out
blush.gif
grin.gif
) and my horse has to be clean and smart, but I can cope one day if they aren't! I also would never expect anyone else to do things the way I do. OH is doing the horse for me tomorrow and I have told him as long as he has food and water and there is enough straw for him not to scrape the concrete, he need not worry!

Most other things are just safety/common sense!

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
I'm with you SM
smile.gif
I do things properly and I always tidy up, sweep and put things away but I really do not give a monkey's tail if my buckets don't match or my leadrope is frayed
laugh.gif
In fact I might give some people heart failure if they could see my hand repaired haynets
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So glad someone else is like me. I'm afraid I don't have time in my already too busy schedule to worry about whether my headcollar matches the attached rope. 'Fraid I just grab the first headcollar that comes to hand when taking one of the horses in. Shock horror - my horses don't all have individual headcollars with polished nameplates.....
shocked.gif

Don't get me wrong, I like things neat and tidy -safety first and all that - but I'd rather put my energies into working with my horses and competing than lining up plastic buckets...
wink.gif

Daisychain

Visit site
The only thing that bothers me is that my horses are well fed, cared for and have a happy stress free life! I am very safety concious.

I couldnt care less about things matching, or wether a hair is out of place....

Britestar

Visit site
I dont think I have anything really. It does bug me though to see flash straps done up with the end 'upwards' and flapping around on the horses nose. Do it up so the spare end is pointing downwards - please!

LouLouC

Visit site
smile.gif
Oh dear

-put numnah on first, this has to be detached from saddle when put on.

after being ridden
-girth has to be undone both sides before saddle taken off. (it really annoys me when both mum and sister use saddle and don't do this!) - don't want to mark girthstraps
-also my breast girth has to be unclipped on the far side and reclipped onto near side (this is so when you then put the saddle back on it doesn't get in the way -- again sister and mum no
mad.gif
)
-boots done up when taken off
-reclip leg strapps when take off rug.

but i must say, i don't OCD about beds, cleanness, buckets, haynets, colour co-ordinating. ??? I'm pretty messy
tongue.gif

xx

MillbrookSong

heartbuster.blogspot.com
Umm well some things like bed, manes, taking everything off the saddle (at home thats is, not at work!)

On the otherhand all of mine hack out covered in mud! I used to brush them but at work we dont have time and now its dark at night its tack up and go!!

kerilli

Visit site
oh dear, there seem to be a lot of nutters on here!
wink.gif

i've got a list of things i'm fussy about, such as cleaning bits immediately after riding, taking girth, pads and numnah totally off saddle, cleaning boots etc, but they're all to ensure horse's comfort - i'm not OCD about them! i clean mud off the bits where the tack goes, brisket, etc, but other than that i don't mind if they're muddy at home... but for shows they have to be immaculate.
i do like really clean stables, immaculate beds, no smell at all, and i skip out constantly all day, but other than that i'm pretty slack... e.g. about colour of leadropes and all that jazz!

kickandshout

Visit site
OMG after reading the replies i think I'm most if not all of them !!!
beds are levelled and banks too deffo do the double sweep on the mats.
leg straps have to be clipped back on too and all Velcro done back up i even put my boots on in the same order front back front back also pick out feet in the same order.
and it just doesn't feel right if i don't sweep the barn before i leave. (woe betide anyone dropping hay/straw after if I'm still around.
and as for OCD at shows it doesnt feel right if things are done out of order.
flash straps yes i agree theres only one way to do them up. and keepers not done up (oh blimey im really bad !!)
yeah i know i must have a look on ebay for a life !!!!

brighthair

www.wannabeadressagediva.wordpress.com
oh a few I forgot...

right chap has to be put on before left chap
nosebands have to be straight
girths on first and third, not first and second strap

some things don't bother me, I couldn't care less whether I'm riding a muddy horse, as long as girth/saddle/head area is clean
and tack can be hung however and not bothered about colours

MagicMelon

Visit site
Im pretty untidy but I also have a thing about items being in the right place in the back of the car for an event. I load it in order of when I'll use it (ie. for eventing then I'll have dressage stuff at the front, SJ boots behind, then XC stuff etc. I have 3 hats (for the 3 disiplines) and I MUST have my hairnet and gloves in the hat I will first be using!

I also have to have rugs straight, it drives me nuts when they slip sideways or if not all the front straps are done up.

Otherwise, my horse MUST always have access to a haynet at shows when standing about. I hate seeing horses without any food.

Sol

Visit site
Yards MUST be swept and tidy.... god I cant stand messy yards!
I frequently have to explain to people that I have 'yard sweeping OCD'... they give me odd looks when they find me sweeping outside their stables!
blush.gif

Diane_Pepper

www.facebook.com
Tacking up - have to put the saddle on first, then when it's taken off I always remove the girth totally.
Wash bit after every use. Can't stand it when people whinge about how difficult it is to clean bits when if you rinse it after every use there's no need for scrubbing!
Flash noseband always has to be done up so the strap points DOWN. Really annoys me when people loop it through the top where it attaches to the noseband
blush.gif