When did the ifor 511s come out please (marks 1&2!)

orsceno1

Visit site
Hi all, can anyone tell me what date/yr the new ifors came out and also when they fixed the issues associated with the first batch? Am looking at getting one 2nd hand and it would be very useful to know what years might be the problem ones so I can check that potential probs have been sorted. Thanks :)

lizziebell

Visit site
First ones came out April (ish) 2008. Not sure about a "Mark 2". Any issues with the early ones were recalled around November of that year, and then another recall in 2009.

rema

Visit site
I had one of the first batch in 2008.Mine had mould problems and was recalled.It went back to the main dealer and was treated,two months later the mould came back and was again returned to main dealer..It came back from them and has been fine and had no more mould since..Something in the paint reacted to the plastics..

3Beasties

Visit site
I had a 2008 model (which I have just sold) which had some earlier mould problems but it was rectified after one treatment.

Kallibear

Visit site
2008 for the 511. All known problems have been on recall (mainly the roof going mouldy and the springs on the ramps going rusty) so they should have been fixed. If not they will prob still be under recall. We just took ours to the nearest dealer and picked it up again a few days later, all shiney and fixed.

millimoo

Visit site
We've just bought a brand new mk 2 from Barlow trailers in Lancashire - I think they relaunched them end of last year. However I'd suggest ringing the dealer... Don't quote me but I think the front is aluminium on the Mk2, and the roll cage is beefed up.
Not 100% sure, but the dealer will tell you.
We collect ours on Sunday, having sold out lovely horsebox :(

Becki1802

Visit site
We've just bought a brand new mk 2 from Barlow trailers in Lancashire - I think they relaunched them end of last year. However I'd suggest ringing the dealer... Don't quote me but I think the front is aluminium on the Mk2, and the roll cage is beefed up.
Not 100% sure, but the dealer will tell you.
We collect ours on Sunday, having sold out lovely horsebox :(

According to the trailer man who was servicing my Equitrek the other day and we were having a good chat - don't buy the Mk 1 pay the extra for a Mk 2.

He mentioned, like millimoo does, that the nose cone had been changed back from fibre glass (mk 1) to aluminium (mk 2) so should be easy to tell what you are looking at.

I've also always found Ifor Williams easy to deal with so just give them a call & I'm sure they'll tell you! & check the number on the plate for you to check it is not stolen etc etc.

china

Visit site
I just typed out a big reply and lost the lot!!!!!!

Ok, starting again! I can't tell you the dates but I can tell you the noticeable differences between the mark 1&2

Mark 1: flimsy front that cracked when you use the handles at the front.
- the inside: the metal frame inside the trailer was poor. It only had one strip of metal running along the roof at the front of the trailer which is unsafe in the event of an accident. (no roll cage if you like)

Mark 2: the front was reinforced
- the inside had a decent metal frame out in that runs along the roof in the front, the rear and along the middle where the partition attaches. Will try and find some pictures!

orsceno1

Visit site
That's great thanks guys - hadn't realised they had been out so long...time flies!! It's useful to know there are obvious differences between them but I will prob speak to ifor Williams to clarify anyway. Still haven't decided what to get to be honest but having had an ifor before at least you know what you're getting with them! :)