When riding, where do you put your phone?

Fools Motto

Visit site
I've got an s9, and it's simply too big too put into the tiniest pocket my jodhs seem to have. It does however fit into my riding tights, but I won't be wearing them during the winter. I get hot around working around the yard, and rarely wear a coat (which has pockets), so what is recommended? Thanks in advance.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
S21 here, humungous but fits into the pockets of my riding tights, I'm quite a warm person when I'm out and about doing things esp with winter boots and a hat on so I wear them all year round.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
A12. In bum bag if doing lots of yard stuff, or velcroed internal coat pocket, or across the top of the boobage inside my Race Safe.
The latter is my usual method for riding, phone is in full leather case so doesn't cause me to heat up lol.

Sprig

Visit site
In a bum bag. I am not keen on putting my phone in a leg pocjed on riding tights. I have visions of falling off, damaging my phone and not being able to call for help.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
In a bum bag along with a hoof pick, some very basic first aid supplies, since small bits of emergency carrot or small horse treats and some tissues in case of bird poo.

Flicker

Visit site
Body warmer.
Don’t put it in your bra! I know someone that routinely put her phone in her bra and got a hell of a bruise and a broken phone after a fall.

scats

Visit site
Riding tights pocket if there is one. If not and it’s not particularly warm, I’ll wear a light jacket or gilet with a pocket. If it’s T-shirt weather, I have a running belt thing.
If I’m at a farm ride and I don’t have a jacket on for whatever reason, I have a very fetching bum bag that holds my phone and wagon keys.

PSD

Visit site
I always make sure I buy leggings/tights with a big pocket in and it stays in there. I don’t like using coat/body warmer pockets as it feels uncomfortable when I’m riding

scats

Visit site
Karrimor runner's belt. Nice and slimline and you don't know you're wearing it; it stays close and doesn't bump around in canter. Just the job.

Have had the heavier bulky ones in the past and they jump around on you like a bag of ferrets if you canter.

This is why I don’t like my running belt, it’s awful in canter for bouncing around.

J&S

Visit site
I have phone and glasses (!) in a little zipped up purse that sits round my waist on an elastic belt with a clip outside my hi viz waistcoat, does the job of keeping the waistcoat closed too.

P.forpony

Visit site
Cheapy elastic type running belt less than £10 on amazon, its brilliant you don't know its there but plenty of room for phone.
A godsend out hunting too, saves the ugly droop and bouncing around you get if you try and use your coat pocket and still room for a secret stash of sweets!

Pippity

Visit site
Gilet pocket if it's cold enough. If it isn't, I make sure I'm wearing riding tights with a thigh pocket. Although that's only if I'm leaving the yard. If I'm just schooling, phone generally stays in my car.