When was the last time you rode?

canteron

Visit site
I haven't really been able to ride since October. Have been trying to get my old horse fit enough to be ridden .... and just can't get the continuity due to the weather. The young one has just been backed and I want a little bit of good weather so we can both enjoy the riding, making the poor thing start her riding career in this crazy weather doesn't seem fair.

In the meantime, I fill hay nets, pick up poo, muck out, break ice of water, pay bills, reschedule saddle fitter and Chiro yet again and am getting mildly depressed!

But does there look some OK weather for next week? Hopefully I will remember how to ride when (if) we get there.

doodle

Visit site
September. Although I did ride once in October the day before vet was back so I could say “nope still not right”.

He has been so ill and still is that it seems to have been constant mucking out, feeding meds and vet treatments. I have given up even thinking about riding again and just hoping for a live horse.

SEL

Visit site
With 2 sick notes & one retired I can confidently say horse ownership and horse riding are 2 completely different hobbies ?

But I did manage 15 mins on the one with breathing problems today round the block to see how she responded bitless. That's almost an endurance ride for me these days ?

Sir barnaby

Visit site
Me three weeks ago, but I have a young lady came 10 days ago to hack Barney out but since the ice and snow he’s not able to get out of the yard as yard and lane too icy, hoping to get out Wednesday as weather suppose to improve by then, although he’s not that bothered how much time he has off, usually sane and sensible most of the time, and I’m not doing anything other than hacking so doesn’t need to be fit.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Thursday.
planned to ride yesterday but stood in the yard chatting to YO and got too cold!
Horse was off November to January on sick leave so we are just getting started again. Having an indoor this winter is total and utter luxury and i feel so fortunate that I'm not having to battle with the weather to get her exercised. only had a couple of days when they were iced into their boxes after some freezing rain.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
About a week and a half ago - I have vowed that I am not riding again until I can stand at the uyard and actually feel my fingers!
The gloves I got through HHOSS have been a life saver!

Mahoganybay

Visit site
It’s now been 4 months, unplanned dismount hitting the deck shoulder first and pony being diagnosed with ulcers means no riding.

Given the weather we have had this winter, can’t say I’ve particularly missed it.

Winters100

Visit site
Through the whole winter 9 out of every 10 days until a week and a half ago, when I had to come to the UK to care for my Mother. By the time I get home and out of quarantine I will have been about 6 weeks without seeing them:(

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Wednesday. And not riding till tomorrow. Did get a friend to lunge yesterday for me though. Next week is half term and Toby and Dolly are having a boot camp week. The indoor is a godsend

StephBiscuit

Visit site
I last rode last Sunday, but didn't stay down the beach for long due to the freezing temperature, wind and hail stones! Both horses were little angels though despite the temperatures ??.

ArklePig

Visit site
Last Monday, for about 2 mins before sensing pony was lame and hopping off... So I guess last Saturday. Tomorrow looks promising though, fingers crossed.

Pippity

Visit site
This morning, and I wish I hadn't. It was so cold that Blue was uncharacteristically spooky when hacking. She jumped at nothing, skittered off the non-slippery path and onto some frosty mud, and her back legs went from under her.

She got herself back without us parting company, and she doesn't seem to be hurt at all, but I'm not bothering now until the weather improves. We'll have our weekly lesson, and she gets daily turnout, but I'm not risking her getting hurt.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
This morning, and I wish I hadn't. It was so cold that Blue was uncharacteristically spooky when hacking. She jumped at nothing, skittered off the non-slippery path and onto some frosty mud, and her back legs went from under her.

She got herself back without us parting company, and she doesn't seem to be hurt at all, but I'm not bothering now until the weather improves. We'll have our weekly lesson, and she gets daily turnout, but I'm not risking her getting hurt.

Yikes! Glad you have both come through that unscathed.

Goldenstar

Visit site
A week past Tuesday .
In a normal year I would have taken two out to work every other day bu hiring a indoor then I. Would have had to stop last Wednesday as I can’t get the transport out now .
I just had to give up until things thaw .