When was your last lesson?

sarahann1

Visit site
I have anywhere between 4 and 8 lessons a month, 1 every Monday with the same instructor and others at various times with other instructors as I can fit them in/have the money for them. I'm so inept I need all the help I can get as often as I can get it! This Mondays lesson was cancelled, so Friday was my last lesson.

Sasana Skye

Visit site
I have anywhere between 4 and 8 lessons a month, 1 every Monday with the same instructor and others at various times with other instructors as I can fit them in/have the money for them. I'm so inept I need all the help I can get as often as I can get it! This Mondays lesson was cancelled, so Friday was my last lesson.

Wow that's cool. I'd love to be able to do that but 8 lessons a month would cost me more than I pay in livery :eek:

sarahann1

Visit site
Wow that's cool. I'd love to be able to do that but 8 lessons a month would cost me more than I pay in livery :eek:

I’m very lucky that my weekly lessons are only £20 for a private lesson, some of the remaining are shared riding club or clinic lessons so are cheaper than private. I have a couple of other instructors that are more expensive, but only go to them every couple of months.

FinnBobs

Visit site
I have two lessons a week with the same trainer but I'm a novice learning with my first horse and have had some confidence issues so they have made the world of difference to me.

SpringArising

Visit site
Last week. I've have one most weeks for the past year, plus clinics. I parred them off for ages thinking I've been riding all my life, I can ride a naughty horse etc. etc. so what's the point? And then I started having them regularly when I got a new horse who was actually talented and my God I've learned so much. It's so true when they say the more you know, the more you have to learn! (Possibly just made that quote up, but I like it...)

Last edited:

daffy44

Visit site
SpringArising, I dont know if you made it up, but I totally agree with you, I think lessons with a good trainer are the best investment you will every make with horses, and lessons do not have to cost a fortune to be good. Riding Clubs often use great people and can cost as little as £20 for a paired lesson, its more then worth it.

My last lesson was ten days ago, I usually have a lesson every three weeks, and I wish it was more frequent, I know I am learning so much, and I have trained two horses to competing GP, and I'm so aware of how little I know, and how much there still is for me to learn, and I love every second of it!

Courbette

Visit site
Mine was in March. I'd love to have some dressage lessons but my instructor wasn't available on the days I had my loan horse. I do however want to improve my lateral work so have been having a think about finding a new instructor vs trying to find a schoolmaster for some lessons. I enjoy lessons and if funds allow would have them regularly

ihatework

Visit site
Me personally, probably about 10 months ago when I was doing the bulk of the training on the big lad. Now I’ve handed over the reins full time I just hack him since. Big lad doesn’t get away so easily, he probably has tuition twice a week - I’m very lucky that he is based on a yard with a world class trainer.

My lessons are the one thing I really miss about riding though.

Hallo2012

Visit site
ive just started up again (having moved to a new area last year but pony was only 3yo so not doing much serious work) and will be aiming to go once a month.

i need enough time to go away and make the changes and do my homework and having trained up to GP previously i feel fairly confident working alone for the majority of the time.

SpringArising

Visit site
SpringArising, I dont know if you made it up, but I totally agree with you, I think lessons with a good trainer are the best investment you will every make with horses, and lessons do not have to cost a fortune to be good. Riding Clubs often use great people and can cost as little as £20 for a paired lesson, its more then worth it.

My last lesson was ten days ago, I usually have a lesson every three weeks, and I wish it was more frequent, I know I am learning so much, and I have trained two horses to competing GP, and I'm so aware of how little I know, and how much there still is for me to learn, and I love every second of it!

Totally agree. The person I'm using now is the best I've ever used - costs £20 and competes 3*.

LegOn

Visit site
I usually have a lesson every week or every other week at least with my YO - she is a 3* eventer who owns & runs the yard, so she is available for lessons which is great! So I dont have to travel and we can cover everything. Its my first young horse so its been great to have someone on the ground who can sort out my bad habits before I pass them on to my lovely boy!!! And I've had to learn how to teach him stuff by teaching myself first so its been so helpful!!

She also breeds and produces young horses so its been invaluable to me!

I try go off the yard for clinics or outside lessons maybe every 2nd month... if I can afford it or if there is anything decent on locally!

Pippity

Visit site
I have weekly lessons. Although my horse is seven, she's both extremely green and firmly established as being very one-sided. My previous rides have all been late-teens/early-twenties schoolmasters, so I'm not confident with bringing her on without regular support.