When your world is falling down around you...

Starzaan

Visit site
and you're starting to seriously doubt your ability to cope any longer without screaming and exploding into a million glittery pieces.... you go and see your horse, and life seems ok again.

I just went pottering out in the snow in my pyjamas sobbing like an idiot, and gave Roy a heart attack by flinging myself at him without even turning the lights on in the yard. I was treated to the sweetest little whickering, wiffly noises, nuzzling, and a proper cuddle from my best friend in all the world.

I don't know what it is about horses that makes them so comforting. I do know that when it feels like the world is spinning so fast that I can't hang on any longer, and am about to let go and go whipping off into the sky, Roy boy hangs onto me, and I don't even need to think about holding on anymore.

He may be old, he may be a complete pillock at times, he may be a poor doer and cost more than all my other horses put together to feed, he may love the vets a bit too much, he may box walk and fence walk and stress about every tiny little thing, but I love him so so much, and I owe him one hell of a lot.

If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be ticking the "self employed" box on VAT forms, I wouldn't be at the beginning of living my dream, and I wouldn't have coped at all over the last few months.

Hearing him neigh for me is like hearing Christmas every day.

So, what I'm really trying to say, in a very long winded and waffley way, is that I love my horse more than anything. Sorry for pointless post, but I think he'd rather enjoy the fact that there's something dedicated to him out there....

roys.jpg

roy.jpg

royssss.jpg

royss.jpg

pickle2.jpg

Photo0194.jpg

Photo0108.jpg

JessandCharlie

Visit site
He is a very, very beautiful pillock stresshead! Looks to be a cuddly one too :D

The best for a hug, aren't they! Keep plugging on hun, well done on getting this far :) I have one like that, silly old fart that he is, he makes me smile whenever I see him. :D:D:D

Ravenwood

Visit site
I so know how you feel :)

The whole world can be against you but I only have to tack up, wonder across the moors on my mare with the dogs and suddenly the whole world is put to rights again! And I return to the yard with a smile on my face :D

Unfortunately though my mare is lame - and putting the world to rights has been put on hold!

Rachellouise1

Visit site
We are sooo missing a like button on here. I have got through anxiety problems because of my mare and she has absolutley no idea.... although she probably does. Love the pics xx

Izzwizz

Visit site
They do seem to have that effect, glad he helps you through. Theres nothing quite like the smell of horse to make you feel better. Lovely pics and of course hes lovely, hes a grey, what more can I say, greys rule!!x

ChestnutConvert

Visit site
I agree it is a lovely post and i couldn't agree with you more. Even just sitting in his stable, being nuzzled and watching him go about his business can lift my mood and make me forget things for a while, they are...or can be....a real credit and comfort.

Jesstickle

Visit site
Ahhhh. I think we need some more Roy Boy piccies actually. I am glad he has cheered you up. I was a bit worried when I saw the title of your post :)

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
Ditto.

I am about to do something which is incredibly painful and initially will bring my world crashing around by my ears...I am petrified and am in tears at the thought although I know it needs to be done...my only ray of hope and the thing that will truly stop everything from being bl**dy awful is my Bailey.

After he has been a good boy for the vet tomorrow I am fully intending to bury my head into his neck and sob like a mad thing because he just knows how to make me feel better.

appylass

Visit site
Roy is a very handsome and charismatic gentleman :) What a lovely boy, I hope you are going to print off this thread and read it to him?

Fine_and_dandy, all the best with what sounds like a very stressful time.

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
Roy is a very handsome and charismatic gentleman :) What a lovely boy, I hope you are going to print off this thread and read it to him?

Fine_and_dandy, all the best with what sounds like a very stressful time.

Thank you. The first bit will be the tough bit...onec I can get that over and done with and see how the land settles I may feel a bit better. Bailey will be there to help me :)

starbar

Visit site
Aw, what a lovely lovely post. I'm glad he is looking after you. I've had an awful Christmas but giving my horse a big cuddle, burying my face in his soft black neck and just breathing him in has made everything bearable. He seems to do the silliest things just at the right time when I need cheering up.
Hang in there hun xx

mytwofriends

Visit site
Gosh I've gone all teary. It's true, my boy does the same for me. He's always happy to see me, his liquid brown eyes and funny hairy ears can always spark a smile no matter how vile my day is being. Here's to the dear sweet horses and ponies who make our world go round :)

Starzaan yours looks like a dude :) Thanks for the warm, fuzzy post.

fastfilly

Visit site
Yay for Roy!! He is very lucky to have owner like you :) we are very lucky to have our 4 legged friends. We are here for chats, idle wondering, celebration, rants and moans whenever you like doll xx

Starzaan

Visit site
Sterkte hun...

Baie dankie hoor....

He's not too shabby for 24 really is he? He would quite like you all to know he's very important and has an interesting tale to tell... but that he's too tired and I'm too feak and weeble to be his scribe tonight, so it will have to wait til the morning.

Thank you everyone, here's to the horses.

mymare

Visit site
Lovely thread, and brought a lump to my throat. It's everything I felt about my mare, but now she's gone, and I miss my "cuddle therapy" more than anyone realises.

Fine and Dandy - good luck, it doesn't sound an easy thing to do, but sometimes these awful life changing decisions do work out for the best in the end. Thinking of you.