When your world is falling down around you...

Vixen Van Debz

Visit site
Sounds like you're well down the getting better road - hurray! Those drug-withdrawal bumps along the path sound like a beyatch though: I second the suggestion to switch addiction. Perhaps we could start a Werther's Original collection for you, to keep you in toffees for the forseeable future!

Btw: Roy alway looks sexy, but is particularly hot in bed with his Cushings-suffering lovely beside him. That's true love for you 80)

Starzaan

Visit site
Why thankye VVD, but I have to say I think I let him down somewhat... what with being all tomatoheaded and not the ridiculously beautiful ethereal waif type creature that he deserves!

Daffodil

Visit site
A wonderful story about how you and Roy got together.:D

A true superstar horse. I love that photo of the two of you curled up together.:D

Bessieboo

Visit site
What a lovely post, it really put a lump in my throat.

I have really, really black days due to a long term health issue and my little mare is the best thing in the world to cuddle up to when I feel like that.

Post like yours really make you think how much you love and appreciate them.

Hugs to you both x

Kenzo

Visit site
*Try's to swollow lump in my throat*

Think you have touched many a nerve with that post, every word so true, I'm sure everyone has felt the same as you have described from time to time, if not too often than not.

Keep on loving that daft animal, he's the one that will keep you strong. x

Starzaan

Visit site
This is ALL KINDS of old... but I just thought I'd say for the squillionth time - I love my Roy boy so much it makes me hurt.

The last two weeks have been truly horrific, what with developments with the illness (Spag made me cry, and instantly handed me a bar of Galaxy - he's a'learnin'!), and things with FF going from utterly perfect to absolutely terrible and soul destroying within the space of a week. I have been a whining, crying, whimpering, red-faced wreck, and it got to the point where EVEN Ed wanted to throttle me, when my darling Roy saved the day again.

I was bringing him in from the bottom field, and feeling particularly lazy, so got on him to ride up the hill, and ended up going for a truly perfect hack in the sunshine. Yes I broke just about every safety rule in the book - no hat, no tack apart from a headcollar and rope, Ugg boots, big dangly earrings, scarf, no hi-viz etc... but I have never felt so happy.

I started off sobbing and telling him all the horrid things that had happened, and how I should really just marry him because he's the only man who I know will never ever hurt me the way FF has... and ended up holding back tears of happiness.

We ended up wandering all over the countryside for two hours, jumped a gate, spent half an hour just standing in the sun by the river while he stuffed his face and I plaited his mane and tried to take an artistic photo of a duck (didn't work... I was trying to bend down and get the right angle whilst on a horse... I slid off and the photo was of my nostril). And when I rode back into the yard, I was smiling like two smiling things.

So, woe betide anyone who makes me a sad one again. Roy will come at you like a violent quiche.

brucea

Visit site
I cannot believe you put that cooler rug on your horse. You do have to think about what the other horses will be saying behind his back. That's like sending my kid to school wearing his sister's clothes Starzaan

Awful....I'm shocked. :eek:

;)

dawnpetenathshir

Visit site
You've brought a tear to my eye. I feel the same way about my boy. Have cried into his mane a lot recently and told him stuff I can't tell anyone else but he understands how I feel and makes me feel loads better :D

Starzaan

Visit site
I cannot believe you put that cooler rug on your horse. You do have to think about what the other horses will be saying behind his back. That's like sending my kid to school wearing his sister's clothes Starzaan

Awful....I'm shocked. :eek:

;)

Well Roy is perfectly aware of how sexy he is, and is confident in his ability to carry off the Austin Powers look and remain the silver fox of the yard.

(and that rug was £100 cheaper in that colour.....)

TJP

Visit site
He is gorgeous, he is also the double of my 19 year old ISH by Western Promise who is also a spooky lovable idiot. Nothing like a horsey cuddle to make things brighter. xx