Where are all the horses to share?

StrawberryFields1

Visit site
Not in Surrey, it seems :p

Been browsing through preloved, horsemart etc and can't find anything (well not anything suitable anyway) most people either

a) Have a youngster that they want you to bring on, and pay for the privlege. I even saw an ad on my local facebook group advertising for someone to come and break in her horse for £20 a week or something. And no, not to pay the rider £20 a week but asking the rider to pay them for breaking their horse :confused:.

b) Want a ridiculous amount of money - I often see 3 day a week shares on DIY in the region of £180 a month. I was offered a lovely horse at £240 a month for 2/3 days!

c) Horse is completely not as advertised e.g advertised as a schoolmaster and rears and naps, or is otherwise very quirky.

:(

Sparkles

Visit site
Right here!!! I have one advertised for £15 a week do what you like, complete schoolmistress pony, and even offering my other big lad [again, dude] for free if anyone wants a spare one to hack with anyone with!!! Lol.

StrawberryFields1

Visit site
CS - I take it right here is most likely the other end of the country? :p

n-l - me too! Doesn't even have to be a cob just a safe, sane horse to do a bit of light schooling and hacking with and fuss a bit.

Princess Jess

Visit site

Been browsing through preloved, horsemart etc and can't find anything (well not anything suitable anyway) most people either

a) Have a youngster that they want you to bring on, and pay for the privlege. I even saw an ad on my local facebook group advertising for someone to come and break in her horse for £20 a week or something. And no, not to pay the rider £20 a week but asking the rider to pay them for breaking their horse :confused:.

b) Want a ridiculous amount of money - I often see 3 day a week shares on DIY in the region of £180 a month. I was offered a lovely horse at £240 a month for 2/3 days!

c) Horse is completely not as advertised e.g advertised as a schoolmaster and rears and naps, or is otherwise very quirky.

I know how you feel OP, I tried (and failed!) to find a share a year or two ago, pretty much gave up as I too found most on offer were youngsters that needed bringing on or else the owner was charging so much I might as well have bought my own!
There are good shares out there though, so keep persevering :)

Luci07

Visit site
Actually I DO have a share which might suit and am in Surrey. Mare is an ex eventer and a very good hack. I had 2 sharers, but am losing one mid oct who is going to work in France. Other sharer dotes on said mare. Mare is on part livery ( will not live out ) can do light schooling but her forte is hacking as she is pretty much bombproof. Current sharers split the weekends between them. PM me if you want more info and prices! We are on Ranmore so have very good hacking too..mare is a special lady and spoilt rotten by her sharers but in turn, does take care of them as well!

0310Star

Visit site
My mare is on horsemart for share, happy hacker although not for a total novice as would be a fair amount of lone hacking thoughout the week and would rather not have any accidents that could be avoided, and have had no interest really! Not asking for a lot of money either.
Don't know what is going on! Lol

Echo24

Visit site
Placed a wanted as on preloved looking for a horse share and had no replies, when a few months back I had a few emails. It seems very quiet at the moment, or like you OP, there are lots of youngsters that need bringing.

StrawberryFields1

Visit site
Yes I've placed wanted ads and no reply - when I posted one last year I had tonnes of responses, strange!

CS - Yep I'm surrey :( Good luck finding someone though :)

Luci07 - Oh she sounds lovely but wrong side of surrey I'm afraid :(

Just thought of another obstacle with finding a share horse

d) I don't drive and all the good horses are either too far away, or close but in a really obscure place that involves 3 changes of bus and a half hour walk even though it's down the road :p. But i've just passed my theory and starting driving lessons (again) soon.

n-l Poor you :( Hope you find something to get your confidence back on soon.

baker190 - Have PM'd you :)

P_J - I have been seriously considering taking our holiday savings and buying one!

TandD

Visit site
i seem to have the opposite problem! finding someone! thats not straight out of a riding school and actualy knows what their doing! adds from 13 year old girls saying 'hey ya ive been riding fr x amount of years and can...... but cant pay!' do not attract me!

just wanting a competent person, wanting to learn! can hack, school, jump, gallop and compete my horse! no set days, and a contribution that is fair! the hampshire/wiltshire boarder seems to b scarce of these people?

Hannah140

Visit site
Same here, Im looking for a share in Shropshire and everything is too small/ too far/ for light hacking only etc, I have an older mare for hacking, i want something i can get out and about on!! Very frustrating. Have been looking months and months! So if anyone has anything Shropshire/Powys border then let me know!! :)

grandmaweloveyou

Visit site
I am seeing someone on Monday to share my boy 2 days a week for a little above the shoeing costs (works out about £6 a ride & she can ride as long as she likes...all day?)!

I want him exercised but wont give him away for free as I think people are more reliable if they've paid for something as they dont want to feel like theyve missed out financially (ie dd gym membership).

I am in West Sussex.

peanutsmumma

Visit site
There are some good shares out there OP, just be patient.

I was looking for quite a while and was on the verge of giving up when someone contacted me on a local FB page. I am now the lucky sharer of a 17.3 eventer who is absolutley amazing.....a perfect horse!! :)

Bikerchickone

Visit site
I've been looking for ages for someone to ride my youngster for me, no costs or stable duties involved as she's on full livery and couldn't find anyone. Finally been lucky enough to have a lady move on with her two year old who wanted something to ride and doesn't mind schooling her at the same time but it took forever. My cob is also on full livery and I wanted someone to share him but since he's a beautifully schooled and completely safe enjoyable ride I'm asking the cost of his livery per day he's shared, which is £15, and I've been getting my hand bitten off for him!

Sharing is a really strange beast. One minute there's loads of horses out there, the next minute there's nothing, and the same seems to apply to those looking to share too. I'll admit I've been really lucky finding my two ladies, but can't help remembering when I was a horseless teenager there was never anything out there to share, and definitely not for free like I'm doing with my youngster!

Sparkles

Visit site
Aaaaah he reminded me of a horse at college back at Moulton years back that's all...It was bay Jake or Bay Troy...I couldn't remember which haha. But neither anyway now so nvm lol! :)

HazyXmas

Visit site
It seems to be a complete minefield, this sharing lark!

I'm thinking about looking for a sharer or loaner for my 14.1 cob. What's the difference?

I'm guessing that word of mouth or local tack shops are best way of finding someone that is reliable & close?

Good luck to everyone looking & pls PM me if you know of anyone looking in the Bucks/Oxon border area :)

Meandtheboys

Visit site
Well this thread sounds promising, when I move next year to Surrey / Sussex I will have a fab mare - proper competetion schoolmistress for free use in exchange for helping me with my others; roll on 2013!!

Sparkles

Visit site
Oh really! I used to have my horse there and go there :) Is the little black Dales/Fell RDA pony still with them? I can't remember his name, but he used to come into lessons occasionally and my friend used to hack him out round Pitsford resi with me and my mare.....spent a LOT of time squealing and bucking when he hit the grass or water lol!!!!

Sparkles

Visit site
Ooo I remember Plum I think, they had 3 Darties and a hairy one when I was there, was fell looking, though don't know if was a full fell...just knew he was black little and hairy :p :)

Nooo I'm down Wiltshire now.

SNORKEY

Visit site
I havn't had any calls for mine in Hampshire, I was asking £20 a week for three rides a week which I thought was good considering a lesson costs more than that! And he's a lovely horse, I may have to drop it down to £15 a week.

AntxGeorgiax

Visit site

My horse is up for share, and I'm asking 15 a week, half of my livery. Some people are asking for 180 a month for a horse on DIY grass livery, plus shoes, poopicking, tack cleaning and they have to do set times and hours.
Surely, if you have your horse for share you should be as flexible as possible? It's like these people are trying to make a profit out of it! Not only paying for the whole cost of livery but making money on it too! Gahhh people annoy me!!!

helbe

Visit site
Im in Warwickshire my 6 year old just needs someone who will enjoy her and do things with her that I am too chicken / old to do. Is that too much to ask,I would have jumped at it when I was horseless and younger!