Where are all the horses to share?

dollymix

Visit site
I'm back looking for a sharer/loaner! :(

Luna is due to come home soon as her current loaner doesn't have enough stabling over winter do its back to the drawing board and I need to find something more long-term for my lovely girl. Problem is, I found it heart wrenching last time so I know I have a horrible task coming up.

Sigh :(

GeorgieLee

Visit site
we are having the same problem - we have a lovely 14.2 mare for share - she is up at £35 PW but this includes lessons twice a week and transport to local shows and pony club etc
have had no response - we are in Henley on Thames

Scarlett

Visit site
I'm in Surrey and am thinking about looking for a sharer for my OH's horse (OH now works away quite a bit and has a lot less time), but I'm put off by the amount of idiots I've had reply to previous adverts years ago. Horse is genuine and we have brilliant facilities on a private yard, I just want someone who is commited and will turn up when thy say they will and not treat my lovely boy like a riding school pony.

I think people ask for extortionate amonts because in Surrey it really is that expensive to have a horse! Even decent DIY is £120+ for a field/stable, add the rest on and it's easily £300 a month.

Dry Rot

Visit site
Don't even mention the subject to me!

I've a ridden champion who is looking for a rider. No share of expenses at all, not even poo picking or mucking out! I even pay all expenses for showing if they are interested!

I thought I'd found a rider. But she's disappeared. Apparently (according to a friend), driving 10 miles to ride for nothing is too expensive for her.:rolleyes:

I've also been advertising for help and the number of dreamers who apply but then fail to turn up is staggering. I suspect today's young people would rather be inside playing computer games or posting on Facebook. Maybe they get all their enjoyment from riding virtual horses on the Internet?