Where do you bath your dog?

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Outside, hose.

If I do need to use hot water...
Fill plastic storage container with hot water in bath, take outside carefully, use jug to wet dog, apply shampoo with a sponge or shower puff, use jug to rinse. Use slip lead under foot or tie up to prevent escape.

Goldenstar

Visit site
If it’s warm I bath them in the washing bay in the stables I tie a lead to the bars as Dram hates it . If not and its an urgent bath I have been known to get in shower in my bathroom with Dram .
I never bath the Lurcher she is too old .

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
My friend had a hot tap plumbed outside.
I did once try and get the black dog in the bath, that was not fun. He ended up sopping wet, standing at the bathroom door with his head pressed against it, pretending he wasn't there.

some show

Visit site
Similar to CorvusCorax, I fill two watering cans up with warm water and then a jug or something with the soapy stuff. Can't lift 39kg of greyhound into the bath! I only do it if it's reasonably warm outside otherwise he gets really cold though.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
When my Lab is having a good blowout and she's shedding like mad, a bath can help along with brushing. She's also rinsed off after swimming. Or when OH deems her too "doggy" which is once in a great while.

We have a walk-in shower with a detachable shower head. Works out well and it's fine if she shakes in there since it won't be all over the bathroom. If it's hot outside, I'll just use the hose and bathe her out there.

meleeka

Visit site
At the yard where I have a warm shower. I do have a dog friendly bathroom though. It’s tiled all over and doesn’t really matter if the dog floods it.

fiwen30

Visit site
If we were at the beach or someplace muddy, he would’ve had his legs and undercarriage rinsed off outside with the hose. These days he’s more arthritic and creaky, so it’s jugs of warm water to do the same job, and then a towel dry.

We don’t do full body baths as he gets too cold, and he’s a very clean boy.

Birker2020

Visit site
En suite shower and she doesn't come out until she's shaken twice. She knows the rules now! She has her own doggy towel and I dry her down with that first and then a quick blast with my Remington hair dryer, then put her in a 'dog robe' and bury her under a throw on the sofa till she sleeps it off!

1637240994099.png

deb_l222

Visit site
Willow has a shampoo and set every time she goes swimming :)

I do however have outdoor hot and cold taps so they would always be bathed outside if needed.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
En suite shower and she doesn't come out until she's shaken twice. She knows the rules now! She has her own doggy towel and I dry her down with that first and then a quick blast with my Remington hair dryer, then put her in a 'dog robe' and bury her under a throw on the sofa till she sleeps it off!

View attachment 82913

This is what I do too...that and OH bought her a specific hair dryer for dogs ? he said I could use if for the horse as it also can blow dirt off (has many settings and is too fancy, quire frankly)...haven't tried yet.

EventingMum

Visit site
We have an extra large Belfast sink in the boot room with a mixer tap and showerhead which works really well. Although we just have terriers, I did use it for my dad's obese collie with a portable ramp (the type you get for arthritic dogs getting into cars).

Moobli

Visit site
I don’t bath my dogs regularly (and they swim a lot in summer) but if they do need one I get hubby to lift them into our bath and use the shower head to wash and rinse.

Rokele55

Visit site
Mine gets rubbed with wet stones and thrown (okay, firm shove) in the river if rolled in smellies. Otherwise I leave her to self bathe on watery walks. Getting her out of peat bogs where she goes surfing can be difficult... A walk through the long undergrowth to clean of the mud then a mad run round the car or furniture to dry off. Bless

Spanny

Visit site
Walk in shower with handheld shower head here. Then towelled off and into his towelling drying robe. It's burgundy with a big collar, so the poor little guy tends to be know as 'Hef' when he's wearing it...

IrishMilo

Visit site
I find it's always the people who insist their dogs don't smell who have the smelliest ones! Mine are done probably weekly with shampoo.