Where do you carry your smartphone?

jroz

Visit site
As I am now a iPhone user, I was curious to see where everyone else carries their phone when riding? Anyone stick theirs inside a bp rather than side pocket?

sandi_84

Visit site
I don't have a smart phone but usually mine gets popped down the side of my boot or in one case during summer in my bra :eek:
Most of the girls at my old yard would put theirs in their boot - it's where I learned that particular trick, they're like yard purses ;)

tankgirl1

Visit site
I don't have a smart phone, but mine usually goes in the inside pocket of my jacket in the winter. I thought the boot storage was for the crop you didn't really need / cba to hold, but daren't hack out without ;) lol

sandi_84

Visit site
I don't have a smart phone, but mine usually goes in the inside pocket of my jacket in the winter. I thought the boot storage was for the crop you didn't really need / cba to hold, but daren't hack out without ;) lol

Na that's what stirrup leathers are for! I have tried putting the crop in my boot before and always end up smacking myself with it or getting so tangled up I almost fall on my face... I'm not very gracefull really :eek::rolleyes:

PingPongPony

Visit site
Down the side of my boot with the screen facing my leg so if I fall off onto something/bash my leg on something, the screen won't be damaged :) i used to put it down my bra but after my brand new £400 phone fell out of my bra into the water bucket and drowned ( :( ) i have never done that again! Also, i heard that the sweat can damage the newer smart phones, as well as if you fall off and the screen does crack, it will go into your boobs or if you're really unlucky, between your ribs. Yes it can still crack and go into your leg but i'd much rather have glass in my leg than my boobs/ribs :)

tankgirl1

Visit site
Na that's what stirrup leathers are for! I have tried putting the crop in my boot before and always end up smacking myself with it or getting so tangled up I almost fall on my face... I'm not very gracefull really :eek::rolleyes:

I cant envisage how stirrup leathers hold your uneeded crop? I have on occasion put mine under the saddle - yup along the spine! Usually only for mounting, and only about twice in my adult years, but still not good :(

jroz

Visit site
I have put a crop in my boot but wouldn't have thought to put the phone there, will have to try it!

Good point about the glass & sweat as well as breakage. That hadn't crossed my mind!

Enfys

Visit site
Smart phone:eek:

I went 4 years without a cell phone and I didn't miss it one little bit, I am really not sure why I got one again. The man in the shop almost had a seizure when I asked for a flip phone, a basic one that sent texts and I could speak into! That's all, phones are for talkng into - and communicating by text with the child (as in "Get. Out. Of. Bed!") I really, honestly, truly don't give a stuff about having constant contact with everyone, or access to emails, or facebook, or even HHO.

I am not even sure what a smart phone is:eek:

I rarely know where my stupid phone is anyway, never where I need it that's for sure. On the rare occasions I have it with me it is a pita anyway, always beeping because people want to talk to me! How can I talk, and work? :mad: I never answer the thing, all calls get redirected to the house voicemail.

I do try to take it with me when I ride, if I remember, if I can find it and if it is charged, usually just shoved in a pocket somewhere, or my saddlebag, which is a fat lot of good if the horse beggars off without me :(

Last edited:

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
I have a smartphone and it diesn't go near the horses. I got a flip phone like Enfys and that us small enough to fit in any pocket. That's the phone I go out hacking, up to the fields etc with. I bunged it on PAYG.

Janette

Visit site
I carry mine in a zipped pocket (if I have one), or a bum-bag if no pockets available. (Along with mints, hanky etc. usually in the summer)

I do like the idea of a small 'hacking out' phone, because I worry about losing it, and if I have to answer it, then it's a faff taking gloves off. (It doesnt work with gloves on.)

Mad_Cow347

Visit site
I keep mine in the pocket in the front of my hi-viz tabard when riding.

But down the yard tend to chuck it in any old pocket when not riding & am thinking of getting one of those my bunjee things from dragons den in the last two months it's fallen out once into a big deep muddy puddle, once got lost in the boys bed (when I was the only one down there & had to spend 20 mins on my hands & knees rifling through the straw before I found it) and once into the water trough. I'm lucky it's survived this long, I don't think it can take much more abuse.

LynH

Visit site
I also bought a POLITE waistcoat too just for the pockets (blacked out the word POLITE after it got some negative response) and I also have a Musto Zara gilet which is really thin and great for carrying keys and phone in the summer. I ride alone at home so have to carry a phone when schooling so the gilet is perfect.

kirstyl

Visit site
I carry my iPhone in a zipped coat pocket or I have a runners bumbag to put it in for warmer weather. I agree with whoever mentioned about having to take gloves off to use it, complete pain and real surprise I haven't dropped it yet!

dalidaydream

Visit site
Just be aware that if you were to come off hacking and the screen of your smartphone broke it would be unusable. A good old fashioned phone with buttons however will still make calls even if the screen breaks. This I keep in my coat pocket if wearing one or the zipped pocket of my hi-viz waistcoat.

jjbarney

Visit site
My friend keeps hers in her bra:D She is rather a large bossomed lady and
she looks like Les Dawson rummaging around in her C cups. Mind you her phone is always warm so she doesn't get cold ears!!!!!

PandorasJar

Visit site
In a zipped up pocket, I always remember being told that if you keep it in your boots and fall off onto a hard surface you could break your leg :eek:

I can't imagine how you could fall at such an angle with enough weight/pressure to break your leg over the phone on a hard surface, unless a fence etc which in itself would do the job.