Where do you carry your smartphone?

Parachute

Visit site
My blackberry just lives in my pocket really, although I quite like the idea of getting a cheaper PAYG phone to take to the yard!

MileAMinute

Visit site
Coat/hi viz waistcoat/jodphur/jean pocket.

However yesterday I was wearing jeggings ( :eek: ) and it was so warm I wasn't wearing a jacket so it was snugly in my bra while I lunged the pony!

sandi_84

Visit site
I cant envisage how stirrup leathers hold your uneeded crop? I have on occasion put mine under the saddle - yup along the spine! Usually only for mounting, and only about twice in my adult years, but still not good :(

I only do it when I'm riding home after a hack I sometimes side the crop (a short one) through the stirrup leather so it's held tight and with the pressure of my leg it doesn't move and is in no danger of falling out or accidentally smacking my horse. When we are heading home we generally walk back at a very sedate pace :) If I just put it in my stirrup leather when I wasn't on board there'd be nothing to stop it from falling out or flailing around ;)

Ernie2001

Visit site
Coat pocket although useless as cannot use with gloves on! Used to keep in my jods pocket until I came off and landed face first, phone dug into hip and badly bruised/nearly broke hip! Air ambulance man told me not to put it there anymore as couldn't even get it out of my pocket as was alone luckily nearby witnessed my graceful fall :eek: :rolleyes:

Coblover63

Visit site
It is an internal argument I have with myself... do I keep my uninsured but valuable Blackberry about my person and risk crushing it/injuring myself by landing on it in the event of a fall? Or do I put it in my little canvas phone holder which clips to a D-ring and risk my horse running off with it in the event of a fall?

Dilemma, dilemma......:confused:

(Incidentally, I did fall off onto the road and luckily my phone (in a case) survived on that occasion. It was zipped in the pocket of my Polite hi-viz.)

jroz

Visit site
Before I got the iPhone I generally kept my old flip phone in my front jeans pocket or jacket if I was wearing breeches. The only time I didn't carry it was during the summer because the breeches I had didn't have any pockets so then it was left in my trunk in the barn. I do have a pommel bag that attaches to the saddle so I could also use that for summer use now that I think about it.

jroz

Visit site
It is an internal argument I have with myself... do I keep my uninsured but valuable Blackberry about my person and risk crushing it/injuring myself by landing on it in the event of a fall? Or do I put it in my little canvas phone holder which clips to a D-ring and risk my horse running off with it in the event of a fall?

Dilemma, dilemma......:confused:

(Incidentally, I did fall off onto the road and luckily my phone (in a case) survived on that occasion. It was zipped in the pocket of my Polite hi-viz.)

That's my dilemma too. When I am out hacking I almost never ride out alone, and it's only around the farm property but it still makes me think.

nostromo70

Visit site
Good question. I try and think of somewhere it won't get smashed if i come off.
Not just because i don't want to break it but because i might need it if i come off.

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
I just put it in my pocket. It fits in my coat pocket and in the summer I have a pair of jods that have a large inner zip pocket! either that or I clip it to my saddle in a little case. The high-vis has pockets too so it fits in there. :)

They are cr@p really for using around horses :p too large and too unreliable ! I have a Samsung SII and it is pretty big !

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
As I am now a iPhone user, I was curious to see where everyone else carries their phone when riding? Anyone stick theirs inside a bp rather than side pocket?

I have used many places

inside my bra
back pocket of jeans
arm band holder
inside a bag attached to saddle
pocket of my jerking
pocket of my hi viz waste jacket

Lego

Visit site
I always keep my phone in a pocket on me - want it somewhere I could get to it if I fell off. For that reason, I wear a hi vis tabard with pockets in the summer, and hi vis jacket in the winter.

Every time I'm tempted by a long sleeve hi vis t-shirt (safety rated and arm protection)...I wonder where I would put stuff! Always carry bribery too - v handy if horse knows you carry food if you ever part company :rolleyes:

AntxGeorgiax

Visit site
Never have in hip pockets- if you fall off, there is a HUGELY increased risk of smashing/fracturing your pelvis due to the phone there-not very smart IMO!
Boots are a fabulous place to hide it, or one of thos mobile phone armbands you wear when jogging for iPods (iPhones fit in fine)

crystalclear

Visit site
I've bought a griffin case or mine. Saves it getting a broken screen or wet and stops bits getting in where the charger goes. I had to have mine replaced before I had the case due to riding!

horseluver4eva

Visit site
Normally put it in my jacket if im wearing one or if im wearing jods in my pocket. if not ill put it in my shoe, in my hoody pocket (word of advice they fall out VERY easily) or down my bra haha. find a place anywhere for it