where do you

Four Seasons

Visit site
I make sure all riding trousers/leggings have good pockets before I buy. They are designing some really nice and functional ones at the moment. Not sure if you have heard of Maya Delorez, very functional! A bit expensive, but beautiful material and special pockets for phones! My older riding gear has tiny pockets, can't handle the massive smartphones. I usually just tuck in in between my trousers and t shirt, make sure my belt is tight. If my horses are bouncy, it will occasionally slide down into my leg or even worse, I'll be actually riding my phone..... :p

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Like some others I use a running bum bag. It's slim line but stretches to fit a phone and amazingly doesn't bang about when cantering.

cold_feet

Visit site
Every time someone suggests this I look at my bra and I cannot got the life of me see anyway of sticking an iPhone 8 Plus with leather holder down my bra, not comfortably at least. Or any modern smart phone for that matter. Do you all have giant bras? ?

Ha - no, just a very old, small phone. Wouldn’t work with the tablet size ones that are on the market now!

cold_feet

Visit site
I stuff mine down my bra, but every so often a canter will get a bit too bouncy and the phone will lurch out and then suddenly I am trying to control an overenthusiastic pony with one hand on the reins whilst the other grips my phone through my shirt to try to keep it from escaping at the bottom and disappearing into the undergrowth. It is, to say the least, unideal.

Ah yes, this has happened to me many times too ???

PSD

Visit site
Tucked down my boot.

I keep saying I’ll get a bum bag for riding, but I hardly ride at the minute so it’s pointless!

windand rain

Visit site
was under the impression that putting it in your bra was a big no in terms of breast cancer but maybe got that wrong. will get a bum bag sorted tomorrow

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Every time someone suggests this I look at my bra and I cannot got the life of me see anyway of sticking an iPhone 8 Plus with leather holder down my bra, not comfortably at least. Or any modern smart phone for that matter. Do you all have giant bras? ?

I don't think I do...maybe it is the type of bra or shape of boob that makes it possible ?. When I was younger I used to spend whole days with my phone in one cup and and a pack of cigs and a lighter in the other

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
have a little lightweight waistcoat that I wear constantly
I have one as well which I got from Mountain Warehouse but they don't do them any more. Nice thin fitted waistcoat with plenty of pockets. Anyone any idea where I could get another? Not a bright colour as don't want it for riding.

Reactions: tda

mini_b

Visit site
I have a bum bag but wish I’d got one of those flat runners ones. The bum bag bounces when I ride so I have to have it extremely tight ?

lynz88

Visit site
Like Four Seasons, checking the pockets on breeches before I buy has become a necessity. I am finding a number of brands are now making long/deep pockets that go down the side of the thigh which is useful!! I have tried the other methods and sometimes resort to not carrying my phone when I ride. The bra solution doesn't work for the size of my phone which is bigger than my chest/bra and my phone often just falls out. If I shove in my waistband, my phone tends to slide down my bum/leg so that doesn't work either. I have contemplated getting one of those running bands that holds things as close to the bodh as possible as I find a bum bag bounces around and is incredibly annoying if doing anything more than a walk. Otherwise I try to wear a coat that has pockets so I can put my phone in there though it usually still bounces around and annoys me.

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I have contemplated getting one of those running bands that holds things as close to the bodh as possible as I find a bum bag bounces around and is incredibly annoying if doing anything more than a walk. Otherwise I try to wear a coat that has pockets so I can put my phone in there though it usually still bounces around and annoys me.

767CDE32-436E-4C5C-8404-90AF3B0C2B1D.jpegAs I screen shot above. This holds my phone in one side with keys in the other with room for more items. I wore it on a fun ride and forgot it was across the back of my waist until I sat in the horsebox to drive home.

Southern

Visit site
Down the side of my boot. Easy to reach down and pull out to use, won’t get dropped or lost and if I came adrift I’d still have it on me.