Where does your dog sleep?

Amye

Visit site
Wherever they like - Whippets like their comfies!!

At night - in the bedroom, older girl sleeps in her nice soft bed, pup sleeps in his bed sometimes or in the actual bed.

In the day they have the run of the house apart from the spare room as that's got guest bed in it! Normally find them flat on on the bed or sofa :)

Hexx

Visit site
Normally at night, Jasper is in bed with me up near the pillows - he's done this since he was 5 months old. He has the right hand side and I have the left. Bertie sleeps on top of the bed and then sneaks down the covers, but he then gets too hot and migrates up to the pillows.

They also have beds downstairs next to the radiator - Bertie tends to sleep on these in the evening, and Jasper sits on the sofa with me. During the day, they swap between upstairs and the snuggler chairs downstairs.

jemstar

Visit site
In his own bed on the floor next to our bed (on my side). He would sleep on the bed if he could but he totally squashes me and I end up with no room. He also likes to get under the covers, he's so funny! I do let him sleep on my OH's side of the bed when he's away :)

Our last dog slept downstairs and I wish we'd been less strict and just let him sleep up with us as we sadly lost him at 16 months :(

npage123

Visit site
Long ago the pets were allowed on the beds if they wanted to be there, but we stopped that when we had family staying over and kept them out with baby gates. However our Staffie recently had surgery and had to wear a buster collar for 10 days, so I decided the dogs can sleep on my bed again so that the Staffie can go without the collar overnight and I can keep an eye on him. He normally muzzles his way underneath the duvet as he's getting on a bit and likes to stay warm. The Shih Tzu is always groomed and cut short (puppy cut) but she always feels warm, so would choose a corner, then paw the duvet until she finds a corner of the duvet and will suckle on it and fall asleep with the duvet still in her mouth. My elderly cat usually sleeps on my chest for most of the night for extra warmth and cuddles, and the junior cat is usually on the cat tree next to my bed or the windowsill on a vetbed or fleece blanket.

Starzaan, I know exactly where you're coming from. My Staffie is also very intuitive and in tune with my emotions, and he's always right there when I need cheering up.

Cremedemonthe, I love your photos and your dogs! With all those dogs on your single bed, are you sent to the doghouse? :D

Last edited:

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
When we had our most recent rescue dog I made the decision to try crating them at night.

Little Dog really was struggling with the new addition and she, being a very dominant personality, was taking advantage, meaning that they'd stress the whole night through and be constantly changing beds etc.

I thought I'd try them in there just for a very wee while i.e. ten minutes, earlier in the evening and see how that went - and stay in the same room in case they hated it.

I need not have worried, both dogs took to it like ducks to water; and now they sleep each in their separate crate, positioned beside my bed! I've made it really comfy and snug for them in there, and covered up both crates with old blankets so they feel protected and warm.

Best decision I ever made - it is just so much better when everyone (including me!) gets a nice peaceful night's sleep without two dogs squabbling about where they're going to position themselves on one's bed; that and getting a Lintran double car-crate for them. Money well spent on both occasions.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
They tend to stay in the lounge these days, although the big dog is more often on his own on the Tuffie. If the OH is on lates, they cwtch up with me til he's home. I rarely have them upstairs overnight, it's too mad for a good night's sleep.

IMAG1074_zpsfe79f3fb.jpg

oldie48

Visit site
When my OH worked abroad or was away both BTs used to sleep on my bed on their own blanket but never when OH was home. This was the only time they were allowed upstairs and they never tried to go up at any other time. He's rarely away now and we only have the one BT who is getting quite elderly. He has the choice of a crate in the kitchen or a bed in front of the aga but before I go to bed he always snoozes on the back on my armchair, although he needs a little help to get up there now.

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
Long ago the pets were allowed on the beds if they wanted to be there, but we stopped that when we had family staying over and kept them out with baby gates. However our Staffie recently had surgery and had to wear a buster collar for 10 days, so I decided the dogs can sleep on my bed again so that the Staffie can go without the collar overnight and I can keep an eye on him. He normally muzzles his way underneath the duvet as he's getting on a bit and likes to stay warm. The Shih Tzu is always groomed and cut short (puppy cut) but she always feels warm, so would choose a corner, then paw the duvet until she finds a corner of the duvet and will suckle on it and fall asleep with the duvet still in her mouth. My elderly cat usually sleeps on my chest for most of the night for extra warmth and cuddles, and the junior cat is usually on the cat tree next to my bed or the windowsill on a vetbed or fleece blanket.

Starzaan, I know exactly where you're coming from. My Staffie is also very intuitive and in tune with my emotions, and he's always right there when I need cheering up.

Cremedemonthe, I love your photos and your dogs! With all those dogs on your single bed, are you sent to the doghouse? :D

yes!

SuperH

Visit site
We have three working dogs. They sleep in a stable on a bit of straw and an old curtain. They never go in a house. My FIL took the old dog in his house one day last winter when it was particularly miserable out and he hated it and was far too hot inside. Even if they weren't stinky and filthy (cow dogs!) they wouldn't be allowed in our house, I'm allergic so no animals in the house.

EventingMum

Visit site
Our two JRTs sleep on the bed although one often migrates to the floor during the night while the other will get under the covers if cold. Son's dog stays quite often and usually wriggles between OH and I often under the covers so at times I waken sandwiched between two dogs, on the odd occasion one of the cats will try and join us too!

MissTyc

Visit site
In her own bed until OH and I are asleep ... And as soon as I wake up I hear a little jump and open my eyes up to find her in her own bed.

So definitely in her own bed.

I have no idea where the hairy dog-shaped imprint on MY bed comes from every night.

BSL

Visit site
During the evening they sleep on settee with us. Bedtime, they have their plastic bed with fleeces and sheep skin, in the kitchen (All easy to clean). Our dogs are not allowed upstairs. However they have no respect, don't care and if they can sneak up stairs for a pee they will. Filthy little Chihuahuas.. :rolleyes:

Jingleballs

Visit site
Starts off on the sofa in the living room or play room, when she gets cold she goes upstairs to the single bed in the spare room and then at around 6 am she sneaks in with us and snuggles under the duvet curled right into my tummy - she's so snuggly - I love it but find it hard to get out of bed as it's so comfy. Although she's a greyhound sized lurcher so it is a bit of a squeeze!

squirkle

Visit site
Mine usually starts off on the floor in his bed, but by the end of the night is curled up by my feet on my bed. It's lucky he's only small or I'd have no room between him and the other half.
Fluff ball dog makes a great hot water bottle though.

Snowy Celandine

Visit site
Whippet sleeps in one of her two beds in the boiler room off the kitchen and the tiny dog sleeps in her crate inside a guinea pig bed with hand knitted blanket. She really is a tiny dog in case anyone wonders if I've gone bonkers :D

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Right now, ones asleep on me now on the sofa!

In the day they are usually in their beds (they have one each) but will sneak upstairs to the beds if someone else is upstairs.

At night on a sofa each which at this time of year are adorned with faux fur rugs, obviously :D

Leo Walker

Visit site
It was minus 3 here this morning and I woke up red hot as I was sandwiched between 2 of them :lol: Mine are so much better than a hot water bottle. The dont cool down and if you move in your sleep they will follow you like heat seeking missiles :lol:

C1airey

Visit site
Dog 1: usually curls up behind my knees
Dog 2: usually curls up under my chin

Both are terriers.

Whether they are under or on top of the duvet depends on the time of year, although dog 2 is a real heat-seeker. I have ******-all circulation, so they are very welcome additions. They don't shriek when I rest my freezing feet on them like the man does.

Bright_Spark

Visit site
Overnight the huskies sleep in their crates while the crossbreed sleeps on the sofa.

If my OH is away then they sleep in the bedroom with me (but don't tell him!)