Where to sell Long leather riding boots?

Lou_Lou123

Visit site
Hi,

I have a pair of cavallo riding boots that I bought when doing my BHS exams in 2003 (!), I managed to wear them about four or five times, then didn't wear them for a while and my calves had got a little too wide for them when I next put them on! I've hung onto them for ages in the hope that I might get into them, but I have finally accepted that my calves are never going to be that slim again! so as I'm trying to clear some much needed storage space and they are still in the box they have to go. Where is the best place to sell them? Ebay? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
if they are only a little tight you could have them stretched, or a zip put in the back? and if you wrap your calves in cling film every day for a few weeks your calves will get thinner. best to do this under trousers as you might get some funny looks!! but it does work. i would advertise them at your local RC or does your local tack shop seel second hand?

Lou_Lou123

Visit site
ofcourseyoucan- If I'm totally honest they're more than a little too tight and I have given up any stretching boots/shrinking calves techniques!

They are a 6 steelydan.

crabbymare

Visit site
I would try the local show centers and tack shops, which is what I am doing now. I have some stuff to sell for a friend who has moved and she tried ebay but only sold what she called the rubbish stuff. She had some boots to sell from when she had VERY skinny legs as they are really narrow compared to mine, but even with trees they did not get any interest on there.

Lou_Lou123

Visit site
I'm not sure which ones they are Rowenna as I bought them 7 years ago and they were all called different things then! they are in very good condition though as they have been in the box since I wore them 4 or 5 times!

Gilbey

Visit site
I sold mine on ebay when they got too tight in the calf!! I only had one idiot but I got a decent price for them. Put a reserve on though to make sure they don't go for 99p!!

Lou_Lou123

Visit site
I thought ebay probably wasn't the best place, but I guess you do only need one person willing to bid! I think I'll give the tack shop a try.

Cuppatea

www.facebook.com
I'm not sure which ones they are Rowenna as I bought them 7 years ago and they were all called different things then! they are in very good condition though as they have been in the box since I wore them 4 or 5 times!

think the winter ones these days have a fleece or wool lining or something. are yours 'warm' or just ' normal'?!:D

Lou_Lou123

Visit site
Mine are definitely just 'normal'. If they had a fleece lining then I'd be getting into them one way or another the way the weather is this week!!!