Which energiser for escape artist

fidleyspromise

Visit site
I have a Highland who will go through fencing.
I have extra tall posts with 5 lines attached to stop her going under/over/through. I use it in a 1 and a 2 acre paddock.

I have one energiser fenceman dp350 (I think) and my second energiser (Fenceman that used car batteries) broke so looking to replace it.
I have 2 so I don't have to move them around.

Can anyone recommend an energiser that gives a high kick for under £200?
I have leisure batteries.

Thanks

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I have that fenceman, cranked up to the max pulse rate and that stops my escapologists without needing a bigger shock. just checking you've got it pulsing as fast as it can? i use mine with a leisure battery and they lose interest when they realise there's basically no gap between shocks :p

Nudibranch

Visit site
Speaking as someone who has to contain a large herd of goats, if you have any way to switch to mains then I would.
Make the stakes as sturdy as possible - wooden posts if you can. I've always found polywire more effective than tape, just make sure it's thin so it will snap in an emergency, or use joiners every now and again. Buy the lowest resistance tape/polywire you can find - this does make a big difference. If you can have wooden posts then aluminium or steel wire carries the current best and also gives you a solid, rigid fence. I use wooden posts and proper wire and I get no current drop on 3 wires even after a kilometre.

As above, water the earth stake. Also add more earth stakes for a better earth. You'll need to join them together with lead out cable. Get a proper fence tester and test the voltage, especially at the end of the lines. You want 4000v plus for a Houdini. You can also test how well it's earthing, which is the main factor. You need to earth it with a metal bar and test voltage - a quick Google will tell you how in detail.

peanutsmumma

Visit site
My new forest was a pain in the backside for escaping so i changed my tape for rope and bought a voss farming Helos 4 energiser which is for livestock.......he got an almighty shock from it once and has never been near the rope since.
It was well worth buying a he used to pull my fencing down on a daily basis.....wooden posts and all!

Widgeon

Visit site
I have two Gallagher solar energisers, they are brilliant.

I really like mine - we had a new livery arrive with one and I liked it so much I bought one. Then the YO bought four. The new livery ought to be on commission! They definitely work better than the old ones we had hooked up to leisure batteries.