Which insurance company do you use?

Dwyran_gold

Visit site
Which do you use and, if you don’t mind me asking, how much do you pay per horse?
Would you recommend them and also which would you absolutely not recommended? Would love to hear everyone’s experiences ??

PatchyBabyHorse

Visit site
I use horse-insurance.co.uk

They’re very reasonable price wise, and despite being underwritten by E&L I’ve never had a problem with them paying out, I’ve had a few claims over the years and they’ve been brilliant.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I have 2 currently with KBIS (also insure my lorry with them) and find them very easy to deal with and have never had an issue with claims. they aren't the cheapest but i have found them very reliable.
I insured my foal via Julie Andrews who is a broker and found a policy that gave full cover earlier than some others. time will tell how good it is! :p

PSD

Visit site
Animal friends, never had an issue with paying out and they have an online portal for vets to upload invoices and be paid straight away.

250 excess and 6k vet fees. My previous horse almost maxed her insurance out and they always paid every invoice without question. Very happy with them, I pay around £40 a month (2yo is with them too)

The unicorn

Visit site
I am with KBIS it expensive I actually it actually only covers emergency vet bills like life or death. I get money back if my horse dies or if the horse cannot be ridden anymore and if the horse is stolen.i also have Public liability and personal accident. There is different plans you can get my plans cost me 250 pounds .

ihatework

Visit site
For the first time in my life, E&L.
Might regret it!! Bit of a gamble, but they would accept a low valuation and no vetting on what is now a potentially expensive homebred.

He is a horse with a completely clean slate and to be honest premiums are just getting ridiculous, so hopefully worth the gamble.

Michen

Visit site
Insurance emporium for Bear (it has super reviews- I was sceptical), and my dog.

Shearwater for Boggle only because I started with them and have had so many claims etc I really can't be arsed going elsewhere! His is about £80 a month. Bear and dog are about £35 a month each

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Over the years we've used various companies & all of them just increase their prices every year & can't wait to put an exclusion on the policy. I had one policy that had 4 exclusions on. I contacted them & after speaking to them & quoting from my horses history they actually removed 3. Anyway, I changed from KBIS to Horse Insurance last year. I know H&L had very bad press some years ago but a friend was insured with this company and had no problems, despite some large bills. One of mine had breathing issues, he was treated & vet recommended a nebuliser plus steroids etc. My vets contacted KBIS initially as they didn't realise we'd changed companies. We found out from them that they do not pay for nebulisers & we would have to buy it ourselves. They cost in excess of £800. Horse Insurance were contacted & they had no issues with buying the nebuliser plus medications. They would continue paying for medication for 12 months. So I'm very pleased with them & the premiums are a fraction of KBIS, NFU etc.

teddypops

Visit site
I use petplan. Cost depends on value of horse and level of cover. My veteran policy has £1000 vet cover, standard policies have £5000. All have £145 excess.

GoldenWillow

Visit site
Have used NFU as they are the only company who will cover my tack with available security measures. I pay £45 a month, £5,000 vets cover. Have had two large claims paid out over the years with no problems at all.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Carriage House. Have used NFU and Petplan previously for my oldie and they were very good when I needed to claim but the premiums for my younger horse were very high so I went to Carriage House as friend found them good.

peanut

Visit site
I no longer have vet cover as my horse now has so many exclusions, but previously I had insurance with SEIB. They were brilliant - couldn't fault them. They paid out far more than I ever paid in.

Widgeon

Visit site
Scottish Equestrian. Underwritten by Allianz, i.e. same as Petplan. I'm paying about £37 per month for an 11 year old with no known issues. That covers death (he's underinsured for that, which they allow) and up to £4K of vet fees per problem per year.

[131452]

Visit site
NFU all the way. They don't put routine exclusions on following a claim,like the rest of them will exclude the whole leg or all tendons after a tendon injury.
They've paid out nearly 20 grand over the past two years and without a quibble.
I'm getting a horse vetted on Fri and have gone for SEIB provisionally this time simply because I cant get in touch with NFU for a quote (this isn't like them though).
SEIB quoted about 70 quid per month for horse insured for 6500 and 200 excess. Online quote from Carriagehouse was about the same