Which Trailer Do You Have?

Would you only break your own horse(s) in?

• Total voters

Ferdinase514

Visit site
What size horse do you travel?

And what do you think of it?

Thanks
smile.gif

Tia

Visit site
I have a huge Eby trailer - takes 4-6 horses and I love it! It's so versatile.

In England I had a Fautras - best trailers available in England if you ask me.
smile.gif

sarahs

Visit site
IFOR 510 Classic - just got it after road testing elles one and I love it. Whilst trying to persude the credit commitee to release funds (my parents) i showed them some other trailers and my dad made the very good point that some of the other make trailers are slightly wider - about a foot or so which makes a big difference as on narrow roads you would be wider than your lane.
I travel a 17.2hh warmblood who is quite a big guy - he travels like a dream in it - he actually has more room in a trailer than he did a lorry.

nomini

Visit site
Used to have an ifor for my 15.3hh cob, had the hb505. Travelled my 16hh mare in it too. The cob doesn't travel very well so had to sell and upgrade to a lorry for him!
Really liked our trailer, never had any problems with it, ramps were nice and light etc.

CastleMouse

Visit site
I have an Ifor Williams 505 double, and I really like it. Castle is only 12.2hh so obviously he has lots of room, but Ali is 16.1hh and the headspace is quite tight for him, so we'll probably be buying a 510 soon.

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Thanks for replies so far - you've confirmed what lots have people have said, that they like the ifor trailers.

Really interested in opinions on Batesons also, as they are quite lightweight.

clipertyplop

Visit site
I own a bateson boston, with the barn doors, handy if you need to load other things, and for difficult loaders, ramp slides out from underneath, excellent trailer front ramp opens on the left hand side, fitted with a reverse mirror makes it a breaze to hitch up, very light, to manhandle, light and airy inside, and travells very well.

JM07

Visit site
to hire out through my business it has to be an "ifor" because that is what "joe public" wants............

personally i use a "wessex"...far superior in their build and safty features IMO.

hadfos

Visit site
I have an old rice trailer,loads of room for 2 hunters easy,only trouble is it needs a new floor and some welding,lmao,am trying to sell as cant keep it at new yard
frown.gif
would have been perfect for my boy who has to travel on his own to,could have invited friends round for a hay fest it is that roomy,lmao!!!
grin.gif
not meant to be!!
frown.gif

Weezy

Visit site
Heavens no, I would never have an Ifor! First trailer I had was a Rice (loved it), then I had a Fautras (loved it) and now a Bateson - mainly because I can move it myself and like the specs (internal locking saddle compartment, etc). Ifors are horrible, rattly, shakey things and after all the rigmoral with the floors I am afraid I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole (unlike everyone else on my yard!)

Gingernags

Visit site
I'm with Weezy in the "wouldn't have an Ifor" camp - ditto re the aluminium floors that the horses seem to hate - and we have a TB that hates them and won't go in.

Asti travells in anything mind, but we got the Cheval Liberte and its tows like a dream as it has pullman suspension, its very light, but massive inside. Takes 2 x 17.2 apparently but there is plenty of room for the 15hh and 16hh we travel in it.

Even the neurotic TB goes in it and she HATES trailers!

Would love a Fautras or an Equitrek if I had the £££'s!

Accy

Visit site
I have an IW 505 travel a 16.1 and 15.2 in it, tows really well if i do upgrade it will be to a Wessex or a IW 510

Law

Visit site
You should be able to modify most trailers to have a hitching mirror. My Ifor Williams had one put on by it's last owner
smile.gif

DiablosGold

Visit site
One 15hh cob and one 14.2hh welsh d, in a borrowed ifor williams but looking for a trailer to buy (will be looking mainly at ifor because we have got on well with the borrowed one).

Sal_E

Visit site
I have a 505 Ifor with the partition removed, for my 15.3TB. It's brand new & probably for sale soon due to my pregnancy
frown.gif
Took me years & years to get my own trailer, it's my pride & joy
frown.gif