Whispering Willows and Alternative sanctuary

Sasana Skye

Visit site
Marley has another home to go to closer to his previous owners where he will be under the care of a different rescue and his previous owners. But he won't be able to travel for a few weeks yet. He has been moved from WW to an interim yard under veterinary care. Once better seems he will be going back on loan to the girl who rehomed him from WW so future looks a bit brighter for him. This info just came straight from his previous owner.

Zero00000

Visit site
Another previous owner collected her horse from another wws site yesterday.

If only she had accepted the offer of help from all those rescues months ago.

Maybe she wouldn't have got into this sorry state.

As horrible as their fate may be now, it can't be worse than rotting in a field forgotten about by a so called sanctuary. :(

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Marley has another home to go to closer to his previous owners where he will be under the care of a different rescue and his previous owners. But he won't be able to travel for a few weeks yet. He has been moved from WW to an interim yard under veterinary care. Once better seems he will be going back on loan to the girl who rehomed him from WW so future looks a bit brighter for him. This info just came straight from his previous owner.

How far away do his owners live?
I do find the not fit to travel in this sort of circumstance a bit odd, when going elsewhere would be so much better for them and plenty of rescue cases are travelled in similar circumstance.

I also don't understand the owner who went and collected her horse yesterday, why on earth not before given all the evidence.

Queenbee

Visit site
Yup, as far as I know all horses are now either removed or being removed. This doesnt bode well for their futures sadly :( I hope all those donaters and supporters take a long hard look at themselves and are a damn sight more careful in future. This is a situation that didnt need to happen.

Their will be some who open their eyes as a result of this process but sadly having seen the willful ignorance and adoration dished out by them for S... I suspect that they will not lay any blame in the appropriate directions and should these horses or at least some be destroyed now or lost in systems and/or passed on to the wrong people... they will undoubtedly lay the blame at the 'haters'... you just can't teach common sense sadly. :(

Reactions: TPO

Queenbee

Visit site
How far away do his owners live?
I do find the not fit to travel in this sort of circumstance a bit odd, when going elsewhere would be so much better for them and plenty of rescue cases are travelled in similar circumstance.

I also don't understand the owner who went and collected her horse yesterday, why on earth not before given all the evidence.

I really couldn't answer that as I have no clue however I wouldn't be surprised if now that S has gone to ground, it was the first time the owners could get a clear idea of which site the horse was at and access to take the horse.

ester

Visit site
'It's not their fault they took on too much, they were just trying to help, they couldn't not take them' etc etc, all been said before in similar situations.

good point about access/which site.

Queenbee

Visit site
'It's not their fault they took on too much, they were just trying to help, they couldn't not take them' etc etc, all been said before in similar situations.

Yes sadly they are aguments I too have seen used before by supporters of this charity and many others who have been before them. After the statement hinting that they believed that appropriate people were also looking into the use of donation monies - I actually saw one person respond yesterday saying that they didn't mind what happened to the money they had donated as long as some of it had gone to the care of the horses.

Its all so very sad :(

meleeka

Visit site
Yup, as far as I know all horses are now either removed or being removed. This doesnt bode well for their futures sadly :( I hope all those donaters and supporters take a long hard look at themselves and are a damn sight more careful in future. This is a situation that didnt need to happen.

Certainly those supporters thar have blindly defended her and donate without really knowing where the money has gone have enabled her to behave in the way she has. They are all responsible for the mess that’s been created.

Leo Walker

Visit site

I've had to unfollow the groups. The hate group is just whipping up drama and drip feeding random bits of information which dont ring true, and someone on the other one just called Sandra a hero and I just cant do it anymore!

Queenbee

Visit site
I've had to unfollow the groups. The hate group is just whipping up drama and drip feeding random bits of information which dont ring true, and someone on the other one just called Sandra a hero and I just cant do it anymore!
Agree with you there.... I read it last night but have stayed well away today... I can't take that level of stupidity x

Queenbee

Visit site
Have they closed down? I can’t make head nor tail of the truth group!
As I said I haven't been on today but yesterday I saw that S had gone awol as had other key figures... one landowner was posting and had been for a few days desperate for help and advice with the horses who had been left flooded and without food, hay, mucking out etc. She was way out of her depth but to be fair really did look to be trying to reach out whereas the main people were quieter than mice. The landowner reached out to a vet for one or two of the horses. At the same time a very skinny pic of another horse with WW was leaked to social media, there was mention of credible evidence that S was trying to move horses due to very real possible visits from RSPCA and Police... all hell broke loose and suddenly varying reports of action from RCPCA and Police being on site... actively dealing with every site were popping up on both the 'real' and the 'truth' site. oh and one or two horses went back to their owners.

That is about it from yesterdays shenanigans.

Visit site
Just a thought: has anyone checked local newspapers/websites near to the yards? In previous situations with welfare involved/large numbers of animals etc it's been on local news sites? Or RSPCA sometimes post things along the lines of 'we're on site and request people not to speculate as it will compromise any prosecution we do".

NLPM

Visit site
What utter chaos.

Just had a search on FB for the "truth" page, but you have to answer questions to be able to view it?! The first question is "Why do you want to join this page?" and I thought I can't exactly put "No reason other than I'm a nosy mare and I want to be able to join in on the HHO thread!", can I?! :oops:

I hope those foals are OK.

meleeka

Visit site
What utter chaos.

Just had a search on FB for the "truth" page, but you have to answer questions to be able to view it?! The first question is "Why do you want to join this page?" and I thought I can't exactly put "No reason other than I'm a nosy mare and I want to be able to join in on the HHO thread!", can I?! :oops:

I hope those foals are OK.

You can put ‘curiosity’. I did

ester

Visit site
Just a thought: has anyone checked local newspapers/websites near to the yards? In previous situations with welfare involved/large numbers of animals etc it's been on local news sites? Or RSPCA sometimes post things along the lines of 'we're on site and request people not to speculate as it will compromise any prosecution we do".

This is the issue, and why I am really suspicious when they say 'authorities' as any of the big guns will usually do a statement pretty quickly stating the basics. I'm concerned that this might just be involving other local 'rescues' who have given themselves authority.

Leo Walker

Visit site
The hate group isnt all it seems and is causing a lot of needless drama, as are the other 2 groups to be fair. I think its fair to say that WWS is no more. I dont know if Sandra is being prosecuted, I really hope so. I also really hope the admin and supporters are taking responsibility for causing this situation and that some of them are investigated for financial irregularities at the very least. Its the only thing that will put other people off creating another situation like this.

So, as far as I know, and I have no reason to disbelieve the source, yesterday and the day before the RSPCA and WHW where on site removing horses and sadly putting horses to sleep. Anyone who has a horse they own there has been called to collect them and people have been shipping them out.

Visit site
Someone has literally just posted on a local to me FB group that they are going to volunteer at WW for a week soon and would appreciate any donations that they can take down with them - rugs, food etc. Someone replied saying they might want to check out the situation first. Their response? "what trouble like people impersonating police officers, trespassing and giving the horses drugs they shouldn't? Because that's not whispering willows. That's these people who got Bobby removed from them causing lies. The state whispering willows got Bobby in was disgusting. She was barely a 1! That person should hide in shame not start a bunch of lies. "

HEM

Visit site
Thanks for the updates all!

Such a sad situation but unfortunately as Scats said, saw it coming a mile off!

I really do hope Sandra gets prosecuted for some kind of financial fraud at the very least! She can't get away with it!!

stormox

Visit site
Why hasnt this RSPCA raid been shown on TV or something? I remember Spindles Farm, it was all over Sky News. And 4paws in Boston was on BBC as was the Alternatuve Animal Sanctuary....

meleeka

Visit site
Why hasnt this RSPCA raid been shown on TV or something? I remember Spindles Farm, it was all over Sky News. And 4paws in Boston was on BBC as was the Alternatuve Animal Sanctuary....
I’m guessing not such dramatic news as the horses are at different locations so no welfare turning up with loads of lorries.

Last edited:

ester

Visit site
Because it might well not be an RSPCA raid?!
I know they shouldn't be moving otherwise I think given the section 9 but since that all that has been said is 'the authorities' are sorting it, no confirmation of which authorities.

Asha

Visit site
I have to admit ( hangs head in shame ) I was initially taken in by them. Just saw a clip of her running to the rescue of a poor foal/yearling in north wales. The one in the car park. So I joined the FB group to follow them and to watch good people go the extra mile and rescue horses. It took me a couple of weeks before I removed myself from the group, as something didn't sit quite right. I never donated, as when people start asking for money that's when I tend to get a little suspicious. Ive never thought of myself as naïve, but clearly I am. Feel for all those ponies, I just hope they get justice.

meleeka

Visit site
Because it might well not be an RSPCA raid?!
I know they shouldn't be moving otherwise I think given the section 9 but since that all that has been said is 'the authorities' are sorting it, no confirmation of which authorities.

Good point. It’s not like the RSPCA to shy away from publicity.

ester

Visit site
Sorry for keeping the group archived, I'm sure most of you will understand our reasons for this.
The RSPCA will be making an official statement very soon, all rehoming of horses will be through the RSPCA and only the RSPCA, but this will
not happen for a while, we will add advice on this in the future and we will be happy to help those are genuine to log an interest, we are aware many people are are concerned about the horses and donations etc, we will do all we can to help and advise, but none of this will happen overnight.
Thank you all for your patience, we don't want to leave the page open unless we are available to help where we can, there are too many untruths circulating and interference needs to be kept to a minimum, please whatever your feelings and we know emotions are running high, but it is of utmost importance there is no hate put on social media about the people involved in this situation, we will be back when we can.