Who bought a new horse in 2006??

charlie76

Visit site
And has it worked out?

I bought a 15.3hh Trakenehner x TB , she is 6 years old and has turned out to be one the nicest horses I have ever had the priviledge to own!

Hoping to take her up the ranks BD in 2007.

anniedoherty

www.boxtreegallery.co.uk
I did! Oliver is a KWPN from the Zangersheide stud. He is the horse in my avatar pic. He is my first horse and was chosen for me by my YO. He is 6 years old and about 16hh I think (although I've not measured him).

I absolutely love him - I think he is really handsome and I get a lot of compliments about him which make me feel a very proud Mummy! I would really like to do some dressage on him in the future as he has lovely elevated paces. I am not the world's best rider though so I have to work on that ambition. We did some walk pirouette today but I have no idea how I managed it. Hopefully I can do it again!!
grin.gif

RachelB

Visit site
Me!
In June I bought Maiden, a 15.3hh 10 year old grey ID X (in my siggie). She was bought to give me confidence, and we didn't think she'd be really any good at anything other than pottering about doing a bit of this and that. She actually has the most fabulous working trot and has already got me a handful of good test sheets at unaffiliated prelim dressage, including 7th, 6th and 2nd rosettes! We've also started jumping (my big fear) and she has had me over 2'3" with confidence, a big step for both of us - me with my confidence issues and her in the fact that she's never been 'taught' to jump!
She had been so fantastic over the last 6/7 months, and next year, much to my surprise, I'm planning on doing more prelim dressage, doing an affiliated prelim and doing the local unaffiliated qualifier classes, starting some tiny SJ, going XC schooling and hopefully a hunter trial later in the year, followed by a 2'3" PC ODE, and then doing some hunting next season!
Big plans, but I know my little star will love it!
grin.gif

Enfys

Visit site
Yes, I've bought four. Three are just what I wanted, the fourth (who came as a job lot with another) is for sale, she and I just haven't clicked at all, very sweet and all that, I just don't like her, so she's looking for a home where she'll be more appreciated.

druid

Visit site
Yep - had 2, Bob 151cm ConniexTB grey who has surpassed all expectations and Max 13hh NFxWelsh bay who did what I wanted but didn't fit in so moved on.

Kate_13

Visit site
Yes, me too, bought a 15hh Arab x Connemara. He is super. 5 years old, green, but a very laid back attitude.

Only had him 3 weeks and love him to bits! My early Christmas Prezzie to myself.

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Yes, I bought a 17hh 6yo ISH mare. She has masses of potential on the flat but I want to jump and she's a coward and is scared of everything so she'll be for sale in 2007 once I've put a bit more work into her.

JaneMBE

Visit site
yep. Jeddy came in March (I think!) still taking time to find his place with us, but he is here for a reason (everything happens for a reason I beleive!)
Spud, three/four momths ago. Fabulous horse, sometimes a bit too 'there' for some riders but love him.
Saffy, on loan, super pony
smile.gif

Patches

Visit site
All these people with new horses in 2006! I'm not jealous.....really I'm not!

You get new horses and all I got were ducks, chooks and hatching eggs (which I hatched with much success I might add!)

It's seriously not right I tell you, it's just not right! Not to mention all the new puppies and foalies of 2006! Grrrrrrr
frown.gif

Patches

Visit site
I'm not sure what that is in old money...14.3 or 15hh?

My horse is 15.1 and yours looks bigger. Lovely lovely horse. She really is. I just love a good grey.

fjudge

Visit site
smile.gif
i call her just under 15hh. The 1st and 3rd pic in my sig is the grey i had before her. Just cant keep away from the greys!!!

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Me too! Bought my dream horse - Andalucian - and getting him is one of the best things I've ever done. He's teaching me so much and is such a fab little bloke to have around. Every time I watch him in the field or loose in the school I have to pinch myself that he's actually mine
smile.gif

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
me! i bought a b*stard 14.2hh chestnut for hunting, and he has given me so much fun, and tought me how to ride a bonkers pony (and how to sit fly bucks!)!

Halfpass

Visit site
Yeh I did. I bought Alee a 2 1/2 year old french mare with jalisco b lines on both sides. We have had our ups and downs but she is a real sweety. The test will be if she grows big enough for me and if and when I do back her. But so far so good. Hoping to show jump and do some dressage with her in 2008

Malibu

Visit site
German hanoverian x tb, 16hh, dark bay almost black gelding called Rupert! Has worked out great so far, just over 3 months and he is a start, i too hope to climb the ranks in Bd. Aim is to get to Amedium by late summer 07.

vivhewe

Visit site
I bought a 14.2hh 10 year old bay little sod, sorry, bay gelding who is originally from Ireland. He was advertised as a hack and so cheap, but he's really turned out to be a little cracker and we got 2nd in our first equitation competition and a 4th in jumping even though he is very green!
smile.gif

Then I fell off him and broke my ankle but I'd say it's worked out
tongue.gif

nomini

Visit site
Me! Bought Alisha, a 16.2hh wbxtb bay mare for SJ and she is just perfect! Have had a few ups and downs but have got to grips with her now and we have even qualified for trailblazers 75cm 2nd round! Just got to qualify for 85cm now aswell. Has definatelym worked out and I love her to bits
grin.gif

skye123

Visit site
yep i did!!
shes called skye, black, 15.2 and shes gorge!! luv her to bits and i`ll hopefully be keeping her for a long long time. shes brill at jumping and xc and i`d love to do affliated eventing eith her