Who bought a new horse in 2006??

gailt

Visit site
My OH bought dancer for me a year today...a cute fluffy 6mth old foal, blimey he has grown, but we get on so well together really, im learning alot from him, and hopefully he is too...lol, this was him, 1yr ago...hairy monster...
SV400055.jpg

luane1

Visit site
We bought Cops 17hh in July (the one on my avatar)and he has been stressed by doing too much far too quickly, he won his age classes show jumping and has an amazing jump but have taken him right back to basics and he is coming on superbly trust it will continue. Then we bought Olga 15.3 KWPN about 3 weeks ago and so far so good she is 10 and jumps 120-130, we will start off at 110 in the spring and have fun as she just jumps for fun. We retired my 6 yr old to the blood bank in Scotland after spending the year trying everything to keep him sound and he has settled in there 2 weeks ago.

cazzaroogie

Visit site
I got Jimmy In June 06. A 15.2hh tobiano irish sport horse 5years old. He was very timid and scared when got him. But within 3months we were out doing dressage and am hoping to do affiliated with him in the spring.
grin.gif
<font color="purple"> </font>

Happytohack

Visit site
Yes! I bought Ella (as you know!). She has turned out to be my absolute perfect horse and has even put up with me decking her with tinsel for our Christmas potters out. I expect it is a long time since you have seen her in her winter woolies - here she is pictured today.
TinselQueen.jpg

(so pleased your new one has turned out so well
smile.gif
- especially after losing your other one
frown.gif
)

Rosiefell

Visit site
I (on impulse
blush.gif
) bought a New Forest mare at the sales in August. 6 years old,unhandled and most probably in foal! She is slowly coming round and hopefully will make a nice pony for my children.

Leah3horses

Visit site
I've ended up with 3 new horses in 06...first one was planned as a friend for my Dolly.Dolly sadly died suddenly so had to get another friend for the original friend.Then a horsey friend was bereaved and I've took on one of hers as she couldn't cope.... so lots of ups and a very big down.Have fun with your horses in 07 x

Emma123

Visit site
I got Bailey in March as my first horse
smile.gif
15.2hh chestnut and he's great!

Achieved a lot in a year and hope to achieve more before i sell him
in the summer due to uni
frown.gif

RobinHood

Visit site
We bought hänsel the 3.5yr old haflinger in august and he has turned out to be the most wonderful pony ever, I broke him and now he hacks out once a fortnight on his own as if he's been doing it all his life.

I got Bailey at the end of september and he's been fantastic so far.

mulletman

New User
Visit site
I bought a new horse. It isnt moving much and birds keep eating its insides. Is it Ok? It's started to smell funny and i can see his brain.

My mum said that I should ride him more often or she will give him to the glue factory. I dont think they employ horses so he will end up being poor and his house will be taken by the bank.

My horse is the best. I done a quadrouple times 3 backflip on him. I WIN.

spooks

Visit site
i bought otto, (the big guy in my sig) 16hh IDxTB , 8 yrs old but told to treat him as a 4 yr old as he hadnt done much ,hes a kings troop reject! we have just affiliated him with the BSJA and first comp is next week. lovely horse but boy is he a grumpy sod! lol..

Fiona_C

Visit site
I was given a horse in April
smile.gif
and he is the best thing that has happened to me, now after 3 1/2 months off for both of us, we are back to schooling again and he is so relaxed and happy, I am a very happy mummy
smile.gif

Bri

Visit site
Bought Sky 2 months ago. She's so talented but a frickin' stubborn little toad with the ultimate 'princess' attitude! Not sure yet whether she'll be staying around for very long - we don't seem to be clicking at the moment!

_jetset_

Visit site
Well, although I have not 'bought' one as such, I have taken Grace on loan
smile.gif

So far although she has her hang ups (clipping and clinging to me and Hannah) she is turning out to be the horse I have only dreamed of competing! I cannot believe it, I took a horse on loan to bring on and potter about on and it looks as though I have ended up with the horse who is really going places with her dressage!

sarahrees

www.myspace.com
ended up bying three lol
Ginny
the little sweetheart who taught my brother to ride
dec06071.jpg

scrappy
who i was asked to break in and ended up buying. best bargain ever
DSC00112.jpg

and murphy for me, big gentle giant
dec06063.jpg

4whitesocks

Visit site
yep bought the bould Sid (aka Ballingarry Gamble) and he's turned out to be 'the one'....mind you he has also turned out to be a really clever 14 2 pony in a 16hh horses body...can turn on a sixpence but only flicks the on switch if he's interested! Oh and yesterday I discovered he has a turbo charger button...out hacking, into some very large fields about to head for some canters &amp; he decides he has to go before everyone else &amp; does this mad rear buck thing (usually only seen by those fancy spanish riding school horse, all four legs off the ground at once) &amp; then straight into flat out gallop...luckily the one thing he has taught me is to have a very sticky bum!!!)

I do loff him though

Llwyncwn

Visit site
Yep, got 2. Rescued 18 y.o. Sec A and foal in August been breeding on the mountain all her life ... then I rescued MONTY last month (remember colic posts!) and he is soooo lovely.

sunsation

Visit site
Yes! I got 2!
smile.gif

TT is a 16.3hh TB (the chestnut in siggy), who's an ex-showjumper who's turning dressage/sj and maybe a little eventing if he gets over his morbid fear of jumping into water! walking is fine, but god forbid that we have to jump in! lol... Yesterday I discovered that he has real potential in the dressage scene as well so I'm very excited at the moment! Can't wait till he's a little fitter.

Sinbad is a 15.2?? unknown breed, unknown aged grey thing (the grey in siggy). We're going to do mainly jumping, but will try our hand at dressage and see how he goes as he can look spectacular...on a good day. Those are few and far between when doing flatwork, but we're getting there. He'd much rather be jumping or galloping somewhere up and down hills. He's also very...aerial. But wouldn't sell him for the world!

jcberry

Visit site
yep! Oscar 14.2hh Cob type. he had sidebones in the summer, but now having some little problems, but we wil get there!!! he was perfect earlier in the yera though
wink.gif

rach1984horse

Visit site
I bought Fiadh this year. After saying I didn't want her I don't know how many times. Very glad I did though. Have had a good season showing and she's growing up to be a very pretty girl.

Parkranger

Visit site
Yep - brought my Irish TB Ty 6 months ago after a 15 year break - we've had our trials and tribulations (as you do with TB's) but I love him so much!

Rode my mums heavy cob out today for her and I will never about moaning a TB again!! He was absolutely lovely but just no go....bless him.

Hopefully 2007 will be time for us to really become a team and work harder together!

PoppyPony

Visit site
I was given my lovely Irish cob in August on my 17th birthday (although the bloke who gave him to me didn't know it was my birthday!) and although it was a panic and struggle at the start things are going so well now and we have a real bond.