Who has a Pivo?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
sticking in here as I'm planning to use it as a training aid ;)

Mine arrived this morning (currently struggling to get it to pair with my phone but excited to have a go later).

anyone else got one, or got one on the way?

smiggy

Visit site
Am thinking about it, will be interested to see your updates
have you seen there’s a new pivo Facebook group for riders especially?

milliepops

Visit site
Am thinking about it, will be interested to see your updates
have you seen there’s a new pivo Facebook group for riders especially?
yeah, it seems like there are quite a few people using them now. I managed to get mine to pair after restarting my phone so just keeping fingers crossed that it stays dry this afternoon and I will have a go with it :) I have been videoing a lot lately as it's not been possible to go for lessons so I am hoping this will give more useful footage and not need so much squinting at a tiny horse miles away!

Wheels

Visit site
looking forward to your first report - did you go for the silver?

I have been trying to use my phone propped up on the middle rail of the fence but it kept getting blown off and then the one good video I got I deleted by mistake lol

Pivo seems like a good value follow along option so definitely interested

LiquidMetal

Visit site
I have a silver one on order! Even though I won’t be back in saddle until late summer, I’m very excited to play with it. I’m expecting a baby in July so imagine lessons will be tricky for a while after that so looking forward to being able to film my rides more consistently.

I used someone’s SoloShot a couple years ago at a clinic and it was cool but I certainly was not dishing out $1500CAD for one of my own. Pivo cost me about $200 and that was an amount I felt comfortable taking a risk on.

[59668]

Visit site
I'm interested in getting one too.....I have seen mixed reviews so far, but the company itself seems engaged and really willing to make it better...

CMcC

Visit site
Another one who is tempted. My reservation is that the distance it will auto-track, they are saying it is only 10m but have seen a YouTube video that looks like it works further

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Waiting for your review and some videos before I buy one MP.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Last time I looked something like that was £600, this is much more affordable. I cant really justify it at the minute, but I am seriously tempted! Is there a UK website to buy from or are people shipping in from the US?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Yes, I had just ordered one (silver) when you posted about having ordered one. Had yours been on order long then? If you too had only just ordered then mine may be nearly here!!! :D

I just took delivery of a tripod today for it. Theirs was quite expensive, but mine off nay was £11 including delivery!

milliepops

Visit site
I ordered mine on 30th and it arrived today. So not too bad (tracking still says it's in China ?)

milliepops

Visit site
Ok so I had a quick play this afternoon. I watched a YouTube tutorial on how to set it up but that was pretty basic and there are loads more settings which I will need a bit more time to get to grips with.

I mostly stayed on a circle around it today to get some footage, I tried going large a bit which was fine most of the time but it often lost me at the gateway of the school which is really different contrast so I hope I can fiddle with something to improve that. It was quite easy to get it to pick us up again by just riding past it.

This clip of Darcy shows us going out of range and then getting picked up again. Not our finest work but he was quite anxious in the wind ?
This was with pivo placed about D on the centre line, arena is 45m long.

I put it at x for kira, it lost us at the gateway too ? it didnt seem to be a distance problem but more about the background. I'm going to try from one side of the arena next time, I think the middle of a long side might work better.

I have arena hire in a really open long arena on the weekend so will give it a go then too.

milliepops

Visit site
2 horses drained my phone battery so might also need to give that some thought!

Oh and this was just plonked on a small polyblock thing, I will also try on my big tripod which might be better.

LiquidMetal

Visit site
Not perfect but I think that’s pretty decent for the money! One comment made by Pivo on the Facebook group is to try and use contrasting colours to help camera stay on horse in darker areas and farther away. Might be worth experimenting with a white saddle pad.

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site
I have a silver one on order! Even though I won’t be back in saddle until late summer, I’m very excited to play with it. I’m expecting a baby in July so imagine lessons will be tricky for a while after that so looking forward to being able to film my rides more consistently.

I used someone’s SoloShot a couple years ago at a clinic and it was cool but I certainly was not dishing out $1500CAD for one of my own. Pivo cost me about $200 and that was an amount I felt comfortable taking a risk on.
Yes, looks like it might be worth investing in one as MP's videos look pretty good

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Ok so I had a quick play this afternoon. I watched a YouTube tutorial on how to set it up but that was pretty basic and there are loads more settings which I will need a bit more time to get to grips with.

I mostly stayed on a circle around it today to get some footage, I tried going large a bit which was fine most of the time but it often lost me at the gateway of the school which is really different contrast so I hope I can fiddle with something to improve that. It was quite easy to get it to pick us up again by just riding past it.

This clip of Darcy shows us going out of range and then getting picked up again. Not our finest work but he was quite anxious in the wind ?

I put it at x for kira, it lost us at the gateway too ? it didnt seem to be a distance problem but more about the background. I'm going to try from one side of the arena next time, I think the middle of a long side might work better.

I have arena hire in a really open long arena on the weekend so will give it a go then too.

Really useful MP, thank you. I've sent the details to Tech Support to tell me if we already have a phone that will work with it or if I need a phone too.

greenbean10

Visit site

Wow! These are really cool! I am very tempted to get one.

Can you control when your phone starts recording without having to get off the horse? As I don't think I have enough phone memory to record my entire warm up too!

Also do you think this would track you over jumps and poles etc? I don't usually jump alone but would be really good actually to set it up for a lesson.