Who is in the wrong?

SDMabel

Visit site
I wonder what makes her think being aggresive/ fruit loopy is going to persuade you to take her back.

Tend to find these sort of people only go on to out themselves as the problem when playing the victim to others.

I would ignore, if she does keep pestering advise you are going to the police for harassment if she continues

eggs

Visit site
You are definitely not in the wrong unless you promised that she could come back if the new yard didn't work out and even then you are under no legal responsibility to take any person who decides they want to livery with you.

I would just write confirming that you are not accepting her as a livery and than she has until 'x' date to collect her belongings otherwise you will dispose of them. Also that she is to pay her outstanding livery. I agree with padlocking everything up as I think she is unlikely to pay her outstanding debts but may well sneak in to remove her mats.

Auslander

Visit site
Sod that! I would reiterate very firmly that I was not taking on any more liveries, and tell her she needs to come and collect her stuff and pay you what she owes you, or come up with a reasonable secondhand price for the stuff.
Your yard - up to you what you do with it, and you don't owe her any sort of explanation.

dominobrown

Visit site
I would only keep a stable unless there was some sort of 'holding' fee, otherwise there is no guarantee there would be space even if I wasn't closing. There was no holding fee or obligation to keep stable empty when livery left.
Thanks,
I didn't reply to messages, once I said I wasn't doing livery and my business between other liveries is private and not up for discussion I never replied to anything else.

I did think that having a tantrum doesn't exactly encourage me to take people back... if anything it proves my point.

SEL

Visit site
I have a small yard just for me.

A short while ago a lady popped by and asked if I had spaces. I said I don't do livery but I knew the livery yard 1/2 mile away had part-livery spaces and one just down the end of the road had grass livery.

Apparently she didn't want 'traditional' livery she was looking for somewhere where she could occasionally help with the owners horses in return for keeping her horse there - so free livery.

I didn't even know her!

Stick to your guns @dominobrown you've done nothing wrong.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
When I was young I always wanted to run a livery yard, I saw a friend (male, middle aged and the sort you didn't argue with) run his and it seemed so perfect.

Now I have read all the posts on here, over the years, I can see how misguided I would have been. :D:D
We had 1 livery, a friend's pony, and said never again!

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
If this person thinks that you are horrible and your yard is terrible I wonder why she's so keen to come back
Exactly my thoughts, ignore the silly female dog.🤬
We had 1 livery, a friend's pony, and said never again!
Me too masses of field room, had one livery about 10 years ago. Really didn't want her and her two youngsters there but stupidly agreed🤐 never ever again.

Had a few rescue youngsters here back in the day and thoroughly enjoyed having them. But I was just left to look after them myself in my own way, so slightly different to having a proper livery irritating me all the time! Control freak moi? 😂

silv

Visit site
Old livery sounds like a royal pain. Good job you aren't having them back. You don't need to give them any other reasons.
Just seen your latest reply - I'd be livid with them contacting my mother and interfering with my life! Well done on staying calm!

Re mats - I'd just tell them the price you are willing to pay for them (the old bill) and if they aren't happy with that they need to collect by 'x' date and pay you what they owe you.
This, what a bloody cheek, dreadful woman, I wouldn't do livery for all the tea in China.