Who looks over your stable door?

Twilight

Visit site
Hi,
I am relatively new to this forum and thought it would be nice to find out a bit more about what everone does with their large, money eating, four legged friends.

I have 2. Dusty the senile deliquent Welsh B. regularly seen galloping off up the field to set off the others. 35 years young and V cute.

T has to earn his keep (and hers) we just play at a bit of everything. Dressage, he doesn't think thats much fun - why should he work with his head anywhere near the vertical. Horizonal is so much more hip. Jumps like a trooper - just needs mum to get brave enough and keep up. Working towards doing a ODE just a small unaff one. Also enjoy hacking and le trec.

Who looks over your stable door?

TiaPony

Visit site
Tia - her future is undecided, a TB X Newfie who has a home for life. She is rising 6.
smile.gif

x

bex1984

Visit site
A 14hh 8 year old fell pony cross who I've had for just over 3 months, and who is an absolute star! He is giving me my confidence back and we are learning to do new things together
smile.gif

GinaGem

Visit site
Gem - 16.3hh Grey ID x TB mare 15yrs. Been in the family 12 years. Bit of a school mistress and can read any rider within 2 mins, knows exactly what she can and can't get away with! Loads of character, typical moody mare! Love her to peices. Semi-retired to just doing fun things!!!

Ru - 17hh Dark Bay Oldenburg, 4yrs. Owned him since April after deciding i wanted to move my riding on further than Gem could do (she has developed a few health probs). Just backed. A real gentle boy, who has a relaxed out look on life. Hoping to do some affiliated dressage in the future. Also love him to peices!

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
Touchy orange 11yo mare, does not like doing anything strenuous her ambition is to be a MODEL!
Sovereign supremley handsome dark bay ex racehorse 9yo gelding likes galloping up the field margin and being admired by people! Attempts with varying success SJ, dressage and ODE's will be doing a PtoP next spring!

NewHeights_SJ

www.newheights-showjumping.co.uk
Just one ponio, 7 year old mare called 'Fee'. We Bsja, shes competed up to fox...but im still learning the ropes and am curently jumping disco/1.05. We're pretty new to eachother - having only had her around 4 months.

We're pretty inconsistant, mosly due to pilot error...having had two DC then an elimination then 8 faults last time out (and a fall in the collecting ring - oops) But i wouldnt change her for the world.

spooks

Visit site
otto , dark bay 9 yr old IDxTB ex kings troop. favourite pastime is twisting his shoes off (sure he has a thing for the farrier ) loves to jump and xc , doesnt see the point of dressage .

meg, 13.3 bay part bred welsh, cheeky as they come , favourite pastime is letting herself out of her paddock and proceeding to release all the other residents from theirs to! lazy moo who would be happy in a field 24/7 stuffing her face. does little jumps with number 2 daughter and doesnt see why she has to jump 2ft 6 with the other one!

tinkerbelle, 5 yr old shetland chestnut mare, she cant actually see over her stable door ...
grin.gif

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
Sunny - 20 year old 15.2hh liver chestnut Section D with one eye (long story) and a bottomless pit for a stomach. I don't think he owns a rib...I've certainly never felt one! He's a total, absolute, stunning gentleman who lets his rider get away with murder re position, aids, odd accidental yank in the mouth, slithering about, falling off etc etc. We are mainly just happy hackers but have recently moved yards (do NOT ask about the old one - I still have nightmares) and they have a fab friendly dressage club and I have been talked into entering a little walk and trot Prelim in October. Could die happy if I just had a rosette (10th place would do!) to hang in The Sunbeam's stable. He is worth his considerable weight in pure gold!

WishfulThinker

Just up from that street on the right.....
Visit site
Beau, my rising 11 Shire X ID gelding. W wee bit of trouble, but lots of fun and we are slowly (its taken 3 years!!) getting there as he had no education from 5yrs to 8yrs old and was a bit of a handful, but a year on loan to awonderful girl who didlots with him has helped, and so has finding a wonderful instructor who shouts at me (I need authority) anc tells me that there is no such word as cant
smile.gif

I hope to be able to compete him some time this year and for years to come - I waited 8 years for him to come along and hope we have many wonderful years together

Patches

Visit site
I have four terrors that look over my stable doors.

Patches, my namesake. 9 yr old, 15.1 blue and white cob (marking doesn't show up so well on camera)
DSC01075.jpg

Oliver, rising 5, 13.1 Liver Chestnut, Welsh cross
DSC02013.jpg

DSC01886-1.jpg

Tweenie, 10 yr old, 11.2 Section A mare
DSC02075.jpg

Hannahandtweenie2.jpg

Last but not least, Dinker, 8hh, 8 year old Shetland. Seen in the first picture, on the left, with an old pony I sold a few weeks back
DSC01497.jpg

SP_A0403.jpg

Cobland

Visit site
Mae my 4 year old Gypsy Cob mare (14hh), shes pure black with 4 white socks, star and blaze, she had a foal on the 17th May, it was a wee filly that i call Romi, shes a grey/blue and white, was told she will go black and white.

Finn my black and white gypsy cob yearling (14hh)

Snowy my 8 year old falabella gelding (30 inches)

Mia my 6 year old brown and white dartmoor cross pony (12.3hh), rescued her. She had a foal on 22nd June, it is a huge chestnut and white filly

Gypsy my bay 13.1hh gypsy cob mare, which i found out is in foal (huge shock). She has black dapple type markings. Would be the most heavy legged

Finally my darling Angel, shes 8 years old and is black and white. Shes also a gypsy cob. Shes got blue rimmed eyes. Everyone begs to ride her as shes soooo lazy lol

CastleMouse

Visit site
Welcome
smile.gif
Currently own Castle, a 13 year old grey Irish Sports Horse who is my first pony, but is being readvertised soon
frown.gif
I have done everything with him, and hunted him regularly last season.
CastleLaoisHunterTrials021-1.jpg

And Ali, who I have owned for a little over a month. He's a 16.1hh, 10 year old grey registered Danish Warmblood by Andiamo, and I'm planning plenty of dressage with him later this summer and throughout the autumn, and hoping to event with him as well, aiming for an intro next year!
AliFlatwork.jpg

Enfys

Visit site
Hi,

Far more than I should have.

I would prefer they lived out 24/7 in the summer too but, alas, we have vicious flies here so they come in at day time.
This is Zeus my 3y.o QH, and Isabella an arab x filly, now 8 weeks old
IMG_8350.jpg

Fergus my daughters haffy x, Ruby, a boarder, and Robin my Paint, oh and Boston the GSD
IMG_8363.jpg

Then there's another boarder and Lola who is Isabellas mum.

Happytohack

Visit site
Mine are Ella - 8yr old big Clydesdale x, a lovely happy hacker. Mishky - 16 yr old 17.3 Vladamir, has arthritis so kept ticking over just walking out 3 times a week. Ljufur - 20 yr old Icelandic gelding, has Cushings Disease and is retired. Tilly - 4 yr old coloured gypsy cob, hand reared by me as she lost her mum as a foal
frown.gif
, and very spoilt.

hussar

Visit site
I have two: 17yo semi-retired part-bred Arab, Sol Hussar (I haven't used Photobucket before so hope this works...
AJWCirencester.jpg

and 8yo Polish Arab, Piecki (Poco for simplicity!).
BlindwellsMay.jpg

Aaarrgh! Sorry they're so huge - will have to find out how to stop that....

jumpthemoon

Visit site
Mine are tango, a 15.1hh 13yrs TB ex-racer who hacks out in the summer (if it doesn't pee it down constantly!) and chills out in the winter...

..and Canto, a 16.2hh 8yrs WB who is going to be a showjumper (I keep telling him!). I only got him in Dec and he fractured his splint bone the day after he was delivered, so he is still coming back into work really. We have had a few teething probs but hopefully by the winter we will be ready to start doing some BSJA.

jenbleep

Visit site
Frankie - an 8 year old piebald warmblood x thoroughbred, (so he obvs has a bit of cob in there somewhere!) 16.1hh. 2 blue eyes. i have been riding him for nearly 4 months now, and have been having weekly flatwork lessons on him to improve my position and his way of going. only hack out once in a while because we went out on our own once - and i ended up crying! so have to wait around for someone to come with me, for my sanity, plus the hacking around where hes kept is crap - very busy main road and hardly anywhere to canter.

would like to eventually do dressage comps on him, with possibly sj and xc. and some in hand coloured show classes. (hes very white believe it or not, even when hes dirty he shines!)

ive also got my eye on April, who is owned by the same owner of Frankie. shes a 16hh chestnut warmblood x thoroughbred, but looks finer than Frankie. she used to do Pre novice eventing, so i think she could be a confidence giver to me, for xc! with any luck. i'll keep dropping the hints to her owner...........!! xxx

brackenhappy

Visit site
Bracken 15.2hh bay mare!!.....i dont do anything with her!! she is a raving loony!! shes currently at stud so i have lodgers looking back over my stable door!! not impressed with that though!!!!! they never even asked just plonked there pony and foal in!! best is that i'm payin for that stable so i dont lose it as will be big enough for bracken to foal in! and i had jeyes fluid it when she went to stud so was all nice and clean for her return!!! the pony is only 12hh so is totally lost in there!!!

Parkranger

Visit site
jumping.jpg

Ty is an 8/9 year old Irish TB.....had him a year now (on friday) and he's learning to jump - very green but a lovely horse.....

welcome to the forum! x

beatrice

Visit site
Hey,
im new on here too, so this seems like a good chance to introduce my self!!
I have Bea a 16.1hh ISH whos just turned 6. Only had her a few months after having a few years break from horses for uni. HAd a few teething probs with her but everything seems to be falling into place now(Touch wood!!) I have got her to event so hopefully we'll be going intro towards the end of the season (fingers crossed!!). All in all shes lovely and since we've moved yards has totally chilled out and i wouldn't change her for the world!!!

Boodle

Visit site
An 11.1hh 33yr old Exmoor x mare, Trixie. Who i've had for 8 years. She was my first pony and is an absolute superstar.
Digitalpictures5885.jpg

44.jpg

A 13.2hh 28 yr old black mare, Shadow. Who i've had for 7 years. She was my sister's first pony, and one of the grumpiest, yet kindest horses i've ever met. She wouldn't hurt a fly in reality. She just threatens.
Digitalpictures5251.jpg

40.jpg

A 14.1hh 16yr old Bay mare, Boo. Had her for 4 years and she's been lame/out of work for 2 of them. She's semi retired now due to all her problems but i wouldnt change her for the world.
70.jpg

48.jpg

A small, fat, laminitic, sweet itch suffering, UFP suffering Ginger Shettie called Joey. Had him 2 years and he's a little sh!t, but i love him.
Digitalpictures5495.jpg

25.jpg

And my sister's boy, Rocco. 16.2HH 6yr old Grey TB gelding. Had him almost 2 years and sis broke and brought him on herself.

Rocky3.jpg

Rocco5.jpg

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
Rocky, my 15.3hh Irish Sport Horse gelding, hes 6years old now and i've had him since he was a just broken 4year old and brought him on myself. Hes my absolute best friend, i love him to bits even though hes a walking vets bill with COPD. A talented horse though, going to start british eventing him next year.

i141993268_15693_3.jpg

i141993390_83072_3.jpg

i138585373_65457_3.jpg

clipclop

Visit site
I have my 12 year old homebred hunk who so far has done all riding club activities. He is a good honest boy. We have recently started having a go at Trec and enjoying that. We are also about to break in to the world of BD. First comp at the end of the month.

I also have my yearling. She is boooodiful. I am not sure what she will do in her future. I would like to do much the same with her as I am with my boy. having fun and having a bash at everything. If she proves to be very good at one thing then that is what we will do.

Then I have the old gal. Dear of her. She is on permanent loan. We shall be saying cheerio to her at the end of this year. Last winter was pretty tough for her and it isn't fair to make her do another. It just wasn't nice for her.

MagicMo

Visit site
Mo, my 19yo welsh cob gelding, we've done pretty much most things over the 10 years I have had him, he loves jumping and driving but is learning to do dressage now as he is supposed to be taking it a bit easier as he has Cushings.

08-06-04_1833.jpg

Munchkin is my 5yo 34" miniature shetland, he's a sweetie and he's learning to drive...

munchie.jpg

ColouredFan

Visit site
Hi welcome to the forum!

I have 5 horses at present (one has to be sold before the winter)

Frankie - 15.2 shewbald gelding, (9) he is my main horse who I event, he has just moved up to novice level and is a complete star with the nicest nature ever

s511914222_71154_868.jpg

s511914222_71158_1837.jpg

Woody - 16h skewbald tbxID mare (12) she has just had a foal (Nico) she has show jumped and evented and will go back to showjumping once foal is weaned

s511914222_54943_7544.jpg

Tilla - 14.2 Tricoloured mare (5) she is the one we plan to sell ass we only bought her a a project, she has a very talented jump so we hope to sell her to a pc home who wants to SJ her

s511914222_70311_1038.jpg

PK - 15h Bay TB mare (20)- raced as a youngster then we did PC and show jumping with her, we have had her 12 years. she was so careful and was always on teams and because of her size very fast against clock BSJA she is now retired as she has lung problems

s511914222_70313_7562.jpg

Nico - skewbald colt to marure 16h he is the latest addition at 11 weeks old, we plan to keep him as my next competition horse, he has the same sire as frankie

s511914222_54892_9522.jpg