Who's horses are in tonight?

Supertrooper

Visit site
It's chucking it down here (again!!) so glad we've got the option of stables so they're all in for night.

Really enjoying the drought ;-)

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
We are awaiting the local weather forecast, as we speak. The national WF was completely wrong, according to that we should have had a deluge all day today, whereas we really only had a prolonged shower around 1 o'clock.

ETA - just seen local WF, they're staying in!

Wundahorse

Visit site
Mine are in but only because it is forcast to tip it down tonight.It has rained everyday for yonks now and the horses have not gone out 24/7 as usual.Last year they were out at the end of march.My old Arab mare hates incessant rain so i want to do the right thing for her.

starryeyed

Visit site
Ours are in but only because they are still in their winter routine! (in at night, out in the day). Our fields wouldn't be able to handle them charging about 24/7 with the ground being as soggy as it is. Horrible weather here too :(

jumbyjack

Visit site
Shetlands were waiting by the gate at 4pm and flew into their stables as soon as the gate was opened! It's peeing down here now, all the others are in but would be anyway, silly horses just don't do 24 hour turnout!

Lexie81

Visit site
My warmblood is out rugged as she is having issues with stabling. My welsh A oldie is in as A) he is on a diet B) he hates getting wet and cold and C) my warmblood wants to play the whole time and he gets really fed up with her!

LittleGinger

Visit site
Bit worried now that I am a cruel and nasty owner... Our forecast is pretty good for tonight so I've turned out in a light rug! (He is a Welshie, and was sweating in his 200g today even with the showers). Tomorrow's forecast is even better so I was going to turn him out naked... :eek:

I hate this weather at the moment :mad: I feel that I'm always getting it wrong with his rugs :(:(

3Beasties

Visit site
Mine are out, it's been dry here all day and no sign of rain at the moment!

Was half hoping we'd have a wet day so I'd have an excuse to hibernate, no such luck, have been outside all day doing various jobs!

glamourpuss

Visit site
My 2 TB's are out. I don't even have the option of stables at the moment so good rugs it is. I've just moved them onto a little paddock with tons of grass & 2 huge hedges to use for shelter. They will be fine :)

StormyMoments

Visit site
mine are in, its not raining tonight but they have trashed their field where it is so wet they were out 24/7 until 2 weeks ago when the rain started and it just turned their field into a swamp and with the spring grass turning them into idiots who gallop and slide to a stop because its fun im glad im keeping them in tomorrow haha :eek:

RunToEarth

Visit site
Ours are all out, including 3 tbs. Come to the conclusion that its May, they are waterproof and were not dragging 6 horses in unless they are stood at the gate wanting to come in.

FinkleyAlex

Visit site
I have one in and one out (with others!). Both are naked but its not raining down here and it was actually quite warm today (anything over 10 degrees is now deemed warm)

missdarcy

Visit site
Left mine out tonight as weather forecast looked pretty good they are rugged and have tree's and hedges as shelter if it does decide to chuck it down, fingers crossed the forecast is fairly accurate. :)

darkhorse123

Visit site
mines in as hes on diy and yo hasnt said they can stya out yet - tbh im not bothered. Hes a cob so a night on soaked hay is just what he needs - when he can stay out he will be coming in through the day for that very reason :)

Tetleyteabag

New User
Visit site
Mine are all in (even though they are hardy cobs) as the farmer seems to think the ground is too wet and they are all running round far too much 😳

charleysummer

Visit site
Mines out, trudged up the fields in pouring rain - (which is a long way as its up a footpath!) and she was almost sweating in her no fill sheet! quite happy to be out which suits me :p.